The Summer With Spencer

The Summer With Spencer, Chapter 29- Staring at the Sun

I couldn't just sit around waiting for Spencer's return, whenever that may be, so I stood, brushing some of the flour off of my pajamas. I mopped the fluffy powder off the floor, then wiped down the counters and cabinets. I decided to do some laundry, since my pajamas were completely caked with flour still. I took a quick shower, then gathered everything in need of washing. Spencer, for some reason, kept three sweaters at my house, so I figured what the heck, and decided to wash them as well. I looked at their labels, not wanting to shrink them. "Are you kidding me ?!" I asked aloud. All three sweaters were hand-wash only.

I had nothing else to do, so I washed the sweaters anyway. I spent half an hour washing a grown man's sweaters. In actuality though, I didn't mind. If it made Reid smile, I would do it.

I hung his sweaters up carefully, marveling at how small of a size his small frame wore. I began to ponder what I should do for him before I leave. I wanted to do soemthing really special for him, something personal to show I cared. I didn't just wanna buy something, I was a horrible artist, and he had already read a lot of my writings and poems when I was kidnapped. I was contemplating writing him a song....I could get Garcia to play it in the background of a video with pictures of him and I ! I had many pictures of his team and I, but only a few of just the two of us. Garcia could help me out, I was sure.

By now it was 5:00, but I figured that it was as good a time as any to catch up on sleep. I had already done my duties, and Spencer was no doubt hard at work, so I collapsed into bed, my last thought being "Maybe I'm nocturnal...."

Spencer's POV

I felt horrible for just ditching Llysa like that, but it was my job. I quickly threw off my powdery pajamas, and they puffed dust up from where they had hit. I was still thinking of ways to make it up to her as I drove, alone, to the headquarters. It was surprising that no one had been home, that no one had waited for me, and that I should have to actually drive, alone at that. But everyone must have had their own separate thing going on....

Our case was not a particularly difficult or time consuming one, but it still took a while. I had arrived at just before 4 AM, and the case ended at around 8AM. The unsub was caught, and it was a happy ending. We all agreed to celebrate by going home and catching up on sleep. As usual, Hotch and Rossi left first, to return to their families. Morgan, Prentiss and I drove home in an SUV behind JJ, Garcia, and Gideon. I figured Llysa would be sleeping, so I tried to get some sleep as well. For the first time in a while, the nightmares disappeared again.

Someone was on my bed. They were bouncing on it, with no regard for my sleep. I opened my eyes, Llys was bouncing on the end of my bed, looking excited. Her hand was behind her back, and she whipped out a magazine from behind her, smiling broadly. She flipped it to a certain page, practically shoving it in my face. "Ahhhh !" She screamed joyfully, "You're in a magazine !" She looked so proud of me, so genuinely jubilated that I couldn't help but grin as well. There was an article and a full-body picture of me, proclaiming me a "unsurpassed genius" I didn't know about that, but it made me feel good to get some recognition. At the same time, I felt bad that the others hadn't gotten recognized, but they seemed genuinely happy for me as well. She bounded down the stairs, still jumping excitedly. She showed everyone the picture at least twice, even though they had already seen it. "You look so adorable !" She told me, still staring at the picture. "I'm so proud of you, Spencer. I really am." Her eyes shone, and she smiled brilliantly at me, tilting her head slightly and letting her hair cascade over one shoulder, wavy and loose. I couldn't remember someone ever looking at me like that, someone being so proud of me. I could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short chapter...sorry guys :/ But I need to know, would you be interested in a sequel ? Because I have a few different endings in mind, so I need to know !