The Summer With Spencer

The Summer With Spencer, Chapter Four- Revelations

When we got to the zoo, we all jumped out of the car and merged into one big group. I stayed close by my original group, however, because Spencer liked to give me facts about the animals. Someone in the group finally told him to shut up, which I thought was mean. I looked at him and he looked sad, and a little embarrassed. I touched his arm softly and told him I thought it was fine. We had arrived at the goats then, so I re-directed my attention there. Everyone was leaning up against the fence in a big line, so that’s what I did too. I was between Hotch and Rossi. “That looks like my Economics teacher,” I said, thinking aloud, pointing at a plain white goat. Everyone laughed, except Hotch, who didn’t even crack a smile, who I’m convinced never smiles. When we got to the giraffe’s I began to give some facts of my own. “Did you know that the giraffe has the longest tongue of any animal, even longer than the ant eater ?” I asked everyone. “I did,” Reid stated, unsurprisingly. Everyone laughed at that comment. Morgan appeared behind me, and lightly punched me on the arm saying, “We’ve got another Spencer on our hands, now don’t we ?” I stuck my tongue out him and said “You wish !” he smirked at me in response. He then whispered something in Reid’s ear that sounded a lot like “-flirting with you, take the bait.” I rolled my eyes and moved next to Penelope.

We explored the giant zoo the whole day, then headed home, with different groups this time. Now I was with Gideon, Derek, Emily, and Garcia. I sat between Emily and Garcia, in the back seat again. They were both friendly, asking me about my life back in Michigan. When Emily asked me if I had a boyfriend, I blushed. I’ve only blushed like twice in my life before, why did I have to now ?! “Oooh, you like someone !” Garcia yelled. Everyone but me laughed. Thankfully, Morgan knew he dare not say a word. “What’s he look like ?” Prentiss and Garcia both questioned me. “Um, well, he’s tall, and his eyes are amazing.” I told them vaguely. “You gotta tell us more than that !” Prentiss told me, poking me with her elbow. They’ll see right through you, I told myself, they profile people for a living. I decided to simply describe him until they figured it out, rather than avoiding it or telling them flat out. I still thought it was a bit early to be addressing this, we’d just met the night before, but hey, YOLO, right ?

I reluctantly began to give more detail. “Okay, um, he has wavy hair, he’s smart and funny…and shy..” I was not about to say he has long hair, because that’s way too obvious. I waited for them to put the pieces together. Morgan was absolutely dying laughing in the front seat, and I think that’s part of what gave it away. Gideon was actually the first one to speak. “I should have known it. It’s Reid !” Both Garcia and Prentiss whipped their heads around to look at me. “Oh my God !!” Garcia screamed. “You like Spencer ! Ahhh, that’s so cute !” I buried my face in my hands. “You guys are perfect for one another, I just know it,“she continued to say. They continued to fill me in on Spencer-quirks, and told me what to expect, and Morgan actually told me not to ruff him up. “He’s the baby of the team, look out for him.” He told me. “I’m younger than him..” I told them, as if they already didn’t know. “Don’t tell anyone else,” I begged.” Especially not Spence, not yet. Eddie already knows though.” They all agreed, and we were silent for the rest of the car ride. When we arrived home at around 5:30ish, we decided to eat separately at our own houses, then reconcile at around 7:30. It was a Friday night, and I had a feeling it was going to be wild, so I asked Eddie if I could take a nap while he made dinner. He looked at me, surprised, (what with my insomnia) and agreed. I flopped on my fluffy duvet and slept deeply. I awoke to Eddie lifting me out of bed by my arm pits, and carrying me downstairs to eat. It was already 6:30, he spent a lot of time on a nice meal. We ate and talked about the day we’d had, and the night we were going to have. We would be at our house again, having a bonfire and partying, only funner, he promised me. I didn’t quite get what he meant, but I put my plate aside and went to spruce up. I changed out of my romper into black leggings and a Grey’s Anatomy T-shirt. I put my hair into a sock bun and piled on the mascara. I then Skype’d with one of my best friends Onna, while out on the terrace. I showed her around my room, and told her how I was liking Virginia so far. I saw the agents walking outside next door, and went outside again to show them to Onna. She could barely see them, but she could see them enough to know that Derek was cute. “I have to go,” I told her, “Eddie’s calling me.” I shut off my laptop,(whose name is Nigel) and went downstairs. Eddie and I watched Jeopardy, with me getting more answers than him correct. I looked at the clock and saw that it was exactly 7:30. It was time.