The Summer With Spencer

The Summer With Spencer, Chapter Eight- Till Death Do Us Part

I was so scared. In that moment, it was the most scared I’d been the whole time I’d been kidnapped. I was just lying there, unable to move and unable to scream, unable to do anything but think. The unsub had left the video camera on, and I knew they could all see me. He was sitting in the corner, watching me. I was scared because I knew that even if I was found right now, I wouldn’t be able to talk, to tell anyone how much they meant to me before I died. And that made me afraid. My kidnapper sat on the stool in front of the camera again, and started talking to the team as if they were all old friends. He made me sick, not like I already wasn’t. He was so calm, this must’ve been his plan all along. He looked back at me, and then I’ll never forget what I heard him say. He gave the team our exact location, and instructions on how to get here. “You’ll never get to her I time. You’ll never be able to save her. She’s already too far gone.”

Hearing those words just made me more determined than ever to fight to stay alive. It took all of my strength just to keep my eyelids propped open. With one last glance at me, the green-eyed kidnapper escaped through the hatch in the ceiling. I never saw him again.
It would take the team about another forty-five minutes just to reach me. I wanted to be awake when Spencer came for me. I wanted his face to be the last thing I ever saw, if I was indeed dying. It was funny, in an ironic way of course, how I missed Reid the most in the time of my capture, yet I knew him the least. I had only known him for a few short weeks, and had only held a handful of conversations with him, yet those conversations had the most meaning. I thought about my dying wish some more, and the oddity of it all. That I should want to see these people all one last time, even though I hadn’t really known them.

I passed out again, from the pain again as well. This can’t be healthy to lose consciousness this much, I thought to myself. I heard leaves rustling then. “Spencer, help me ! Please, I miss you, please. I need you, hurry ! I need you to-“ I was cut off by the door being busted in, by Morgan, no doubt. Paramedics were the first ones in the room. They came over to me and tried to talk to me, but I was not having it. “Spe-(gasp for air)ncer, Dr.(more gasping) Spencer Reid. Where(gasp) is (gasp) he ?” I demanded. Just then Reid himself entered the room. My face lit up into a mega-watt smile. He rushed over to me and held my left hand. “It’s going to be okay now,” he promised. And indeed, the perfect face of Spencer Reid was the last thing I ever saw.

My hearts last beat was only for Spencer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter chapter for suspense !