The Summer With Spencer

The Summer With Spencer, Chapter Nine- Awakening

I never saw a bright light, or a divine figure, or any dead relatives in my death. In fact, I didn’t really see anything all that spectacular. However, I still me, and that was enough for me. I emerged in a large clearing. It wasn’t anyplace I’d seen before, it was simply a normal meadow with wildflowers. Not the kind of place you’d expect for the afterlife. It wasn’t gloriously sunny, or filled with spores of happiness and light and joyous sparkling ponies or anything, it was just, a meadow. “That’s disappointing,” I commented to myself. “And I’m still fricking alone. I guess I wasn’t kidding when I always said forever alone.” It was strange, I didn’t have any feeling here. It was creepy, I felt like a robot. I’d never experienced anything like that feeling since that day, that odd sensation of nothingness. No intense calm, no wretched sadness, no impenetrable joy. And then I was being sucked out, sucked out of the meadow, through a tunnel. It was in slow motion, so I could see the pictures that the tunnel consisted of. They were pictures and flashbacks of my life, memories. And then reality snapped back like a rubber band, harsh and painful.

Everything was loud. People yelling, the defibrillator charging(for me ?), people crying and screaming in pain, in grief. I looked over and saw my love(I’ve been dead, I’m all wise and stuff now, I can say its love if I want !) with his hands against the glass, looking in on me. Doctors were working over me non-stop, cleaning my wounds, inserting intravenous fluid drips, the usual. Someone cut off my shirt to check the extent of the damage to my ribs. I felt kind of awkward being shirtless in front of Reid, we weren’t to that point in our relationship yet !(Aha, I’m so funny. You have to respect me now what with the whole dying thing. I can say anything, it’s a free for all.)
I woke up(I was getting mighty tired of all this lost time) to find every team member sleeping in my hospital room. My arm was completely encased from hand to humerus, in a purple plaster cast. Three ribs on the left side and one on the right were taped up, and my cheekbone had a large lump on it. I probably look hideous right now, I thought. Eddie was sitting in a chair next to my bed on my right, with Spencer on the left. They were both sitting the exact same way almost, leaned forward towards me with their heads laying on the side of the bed. I stroked both of their hair, excited that I could finally pet Reid’s sexy light brown locks. Eddie awoke first, and shot up instantly, squeaking the chair and waking everyone else up. Chaos erupted. First, Eddie encased me in a giant hug. “Oww, the ribs bro, the ribs.” I told him. They all asked me how I felt and the usual, until they were escorted out by a nurse. “One visitor at a time,”she told them .” I don’t care if you’re FBI agents or not.” Without hesitation, Reid was the one who stayed.

He had stayed silent the whole time everyone else was in the room, and now he looked at me with fear in his eyes. I grabbed his hand without falter. He looked me right in the eye. He looked as though he were mustering up the courage to ask me something, and he took a deep breath. “Were you really crying for me when you were,um..” he trailed off awkwardly. “Yes,” I told him. “Thinking of you kept me alive down there. I’m sorry,” I told him. “Sorry for what ?” he asked me incredulously. “For dying,” I whispered. I looked up into his face. “After I saw you, I let myself go. I fulfilled my dying wish.” “I don’t, I don’t….understand.” He told me. “Neither do I. But being with you, having you around me seems as natural as anything. It’s like…a habit. Like looking both ways before crossing the street, like checking behind the shower curtain for serial killers, like bitching out the person who was mean to your best friend.. I don’t know how to be without you, Spencer Reid.” I looked at his face after I was done with my little speech. He still looked confused. “I’m sorry,” I apologized again. “I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable, having love professed to you by someone you’ve known for about a month, when you obviously don’t want to be involved with a crazy little girl with baggage and-“ He cut me off. “Don’t, don’t say that.” He whispered fervently. “I really like you too, I like talking to you, I like being with you…I just, don’t know how. I don’t know how to do this. I don’t know if I can do this.” “Spencer, all you have to do is just be you. That’s all I want. And I never thanked you for saving my life down there. Besides keeping me alive mentally, you were the one who put the clues together, who understood my messages. There aren’t words to express my gratitude for something like that, so the rest of my life I will devote to making it up to you. I’m basically your bitch,” I told him, laughing a little. I winced as my ribs protested. Spencer blushed. Before he could reply, I couldn’t resist sitting up quickly and kissing his cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this one's a bit short as well !