Status: Deicated to everyone going through this

Skeletion in the Closet

Madeup

Walking back up the driveway Lexi smiled to herself. Nothing, all day. Not even a mint.

Once inside she headed straight to the mirror. Small hips. Small thighs. Still need a little work on the stomach, but at least her waist is small.

Lexi grabbed red lipstick and spread on her lips. Then she took her eyeliner and made her whole lid black with a wicked cat-eye. It made her look more alive and intense. Looking at her lashes she decided she should get some false lashes. Hearing footsteps she reached for the door when she remembered that she looked like a streetwalker.

"Hey mom!" Lexi yelled as she wiped away her makeup.

"Yes?" She answered back.

"Are you going to the store anytime soon?"

"Sorry, I already went today."

Lexi's heart sank.

"Why what did you need?" Her mother's voice was just outside of Lexi's bathroom.

"Well," Lexi stopped, it won't make a difference she's not going to take her just for makeup. "I'm out of shampoo."

...

Lexi's hair was like snow across a dull sky. Gasoline and water stuck on the sols of the girls' shoes. Her mother could walk faster since Lexi's legs ached. Inside the floors were covered in "Wet Floor" signs even though the floor was perfectly dry. She tried not to look at anyone so she watching her feet. Every time someone looked her way she grew warmer as blood increased it's pace. Veins shooting hot blood to her brain making her pale skin red. They spotted colorful bottles neatly stacked.

"Could you pick out the shampoo for me? I wanted to look at lashes." Lexi asked quickly.

For a moment her mother wore a puzzled expression, but shrugged it off.

"Sure." Then lowering her voice down asked, "Do you need any pads?"

A wave of panic struck Lexi. "No."

Walking away her mother told her, "You haven't bought any in a while."

She scampering past her mom to the makeup.

Purple, diamonds, silver, glitter, oh the lashes you'll buy! She decided on the long, dramatic black ones. Walking over to her mother she hid them in the palm of her hand. Why was she so self conscience about buying them? Perhaps because they're fake and she doesn't want people to think she is fake. Even though they already do...like a skinny Barbie.

Lexi dropped them in the cart.

"I was thinking the one for blond hair?" The mother paused and picked up the false lashes.

"I have white hair though."

Lexi was handed back the lashes.

"They're too dramatic. Just get some mascara, I noticed you didn't have any." As Lexi began to walk away she added, "This will treat white and blond. There isn't really a difference when it comes to shampoo."

At five thirty they walked away with five eye shadows, Colossal (yellow bottle), shampoo/conditioner, and blush.

Sitting in the car Lexi's electric fingers crossed her eye shadows; brown, teal, green, purple, and dark blue. The car didn't move for a while. Her mother looked as if she was contemplating something.

"Mom?"

Her mom jumped.

"Lets go cloths shopping!" she smiled big and Lexi laughed.

...

At seven forty Lexi was surrounded by cloths in a small dressing room. Sweating she knew all of the cloths would be too big on her. Her mom would know she lied about her size when she stepped out.
But she had to. Shaking she pulled on a white sweater with a dark denim mini skirt. Her feet stepped back from the mirror and cleared her mind of what she looked like. Once opened the goal was to see her body through someone else's eyes, but to her she was the same. Fat.

Her heart skipped a beat as she stepped out. Sweating she waited for the response.

"Oh honey! Your so skinny!"

She could have thrown up right there if she hadn't heard the delight in her mother's voice.

Lexi looked up with bewilderment.

"I'm glad to see your healthy and eating right." She said with ignorance.

Lexi doesn't eat anything at all.

Then again her mother can only see Lexi's waist. Hopefully never her bones. If she saw her ribcage she would know.

The reveal was coming sooner then Lexi expected.