Status: This is the first story Ive posted here. Enjoy.

Love Me or Let Me Go

Love Me Or Let Me Go (1)

Anna's POV:

My first day of senior year. I was finally going to be able to leave Poway High after 4 long years. I walked to the sidewalk with my best friend, Margaret.

"Anna Sharon Flannery, what car are you driving?"

"Sorry Marge, my car got totaled last week." There was a serious wreck, but some how I made it out without a scrath. Same for the truck driver. Our cars, on the other hand, not so unscratched.

"So you're driving your grandma's car?" I know she was teasing, but it was true.

"Yes. She just gave up driving last month and wants me to have it."

"You silly girl. Maybe I should just pick you up." We lived on opposite sides of town so we both knew that wouldn't work.

"Really?"

"Fine. You win again." Just then the whole world stopped. Well not literally, but everyone in the parking lot turned as Cameron Quiseng sped into his spot. Right next to my car. He stepped out along with his two best friends, Zach Porter and the dreamy Michael Martinez. It was like a movie, the way they walked. I had this silly crush on Michael. It couldn't work out, he was popular and I was a loser. Cameron was a loser until Zach and Michael took pity on him. Or so the story goes. One day loser, the next day girls were throwing themselves at him. Literally. They walked right by me and Margaret.

"Every time! I have no chance with him do I?"

"Don't look now, A, but Michael's turned back lookin you over." I started to turn and she slapped me.

"What was that for?"

"I said don't look." I had at least one hour with him this year. We had the same first hour every year. Some stupid study hall thing.

"First hour is gonna be so weird."

"You got this. Don't talk to him."

"Okay. Wait, how would you know? You've never dated a popular."

"Remember when I first dated Cameron?"

"Oh. I'm sorry, I forgot." She had dated Cameron and then the day he was popular, it was like she never even existed.

"I wish I could."

"You will Marge. I promise you will." We walked into school and headed for class. When the boys of Allstar, yes they are in a band, get to school, you know class is about to start. I walked in and sat at my desk.

"Hey, Anna, can I talk to you?" He knows my name. Of course, we've been in class together for years.

"Sure Michael. What's up?" I was freaking out inside. The Michael Martinez was talking to me.

"We'll talk later, not here. Give me yo address and I'll stop by sometime after dark." I wrote it down so fast I hope I got everything right.

"I'll be home all night. See ya later Michael." I sounded so lame.

"Whatevs baby gurl." He called me baby gurl in that Michael way. No, he probably just wanted to get assignments set up so he wouldn't have to do any work. The day drug on and I only had lunch and last hour with Margaret.

"Spill A. You are smiling so big right now."

"Michael asked for my address! He wants to talk to me after dark!" I know it sounds bad, but I am freaking out inside.

"This is amazing! What if he asks you out?" I didn't even think of that. It was too outrageous.

"Then I'll say yes, scream, and call you. Duh." Last hour, Triginometry, drug by. It doesn't help that the class is boring. We said goodbye and I sped home to get ready. Around 9 Michael drove up.

"Hey baby gurl."

"Hi Michael! Come...." He pushed me out of the way and stepped inside. Michael Martinez touched me and was now in my house.

"Anna, I'm just gonna tell you why I'm here. I, uh, I, I wanna go out with you." Whoa. This was a different side of him. He wasn't all cool, he was normal.

"Yes. Michael, I've liked you since 9th grade."

"I've liked you since 9th grade!"

"You shoulda asked me out then."

"Yes, A, I should have." A? He called me A!!!!

"So, when are we going out Mikey?"

"How's Friday sound? I'll pick you up around 7?"

"Cool."

"I know this great beach about 20 minutes from here. We can just be alone and talk. Get to know each other."

"That sounds great Mikey."

"It sure does baby gurl." And with that, Michael Martinez walked out of my house.

"MARGARET! He just asked me out!"

"And your mom is cool with it?" I hadn't even asked her.

"Not yet. She doesn't know."

"Ask her!"

"I will tomorrow. When dad gets back from business. She can't say know when he says yes."

"You know he will?"

"No. Marge, what if they don't let me!"

"What if who doesn't let you what?"

"Gotta go. Mom came up."

"What's going on Anna?"

"Uhm, mom, Michael just asked me on a date. We would go to a beach this Friday. Three days from now."

"Alright. Just be home by 11. Good night sweetheart." Just like that? She wasn't even going to ask to meet him? She looked tired, so she probably didn't want to argue.

"Night mom." What could go wrong from here?

********************************************************************