Status: This is the first story Ive posted here. Enjoy.

Love Me or Let Me Go

(15)

Michael's POV:

Anna had been in straight depression for two months. I promised to be by her side, but it's so hard when she won't talk to anyone. She would come out of her bunk when we were asleep or playing a show. The only time I saw her was a few weeks ago. She had to get off the bus to go home.

"Mrs. Flannery, is Anna doing any better? She won't answer my calls or texts."

"Mikey, I wish she was. Her door is locked and I honestly don't know if she's left since you have been back." My poor girl. She needs me, but she won't let me in. She won't let anyone in.

"Then there is one thing left to do. I'm gettin Margaret over her and we are breakin her door down."

"Michael! You can't do that." Her mom started freaking out about privacy and healing time.

"Take the screw driver."

"Thank you Mr. Flannery." He was the coolest person ever. He had accepted me from the moment we met. I called Margaret and she was over in 20 minutes.

"Let's do this thing." She was ready to get her friend back and I was ready to get my fiance back.

"Do her parents even know?"

"Yeah, they know. I told them when I brought her home."

"Cool." We unscrewed the door and the smell that attacked us was terrible.

"You lazy bum. Get a shower." Margaret wasn't joking around.

"I don't want to." She tried to fight Margaret, but her voice was so weak. She was weak. Margaret dragged her and forced her to shower and 10 minutes later they were back.

"A, don't crawl back into that bed." I was there to stop her.

"Why not Mikey? It loves me."

"I love you."

"No one knows how I feel!" Then what am I to her?

"Anna, I lost a child too. It's not just you."

"Mikey, I know, but it's just different. I feel alone and empty. We were finally going to be a family. We weren't secret, everyone knew you love me, and then my world fell apart."

"Anna don't cry. Please." Now I was crying.

"Marge, can you leave please? I'll call you later."

"Yeah you will." She left and I held Anna.

"Feel better?"

"Not at all Mikey, but I do wanna get out of this place. I haven't seen you in a while." She was barely smiling so I took it. She was starting to be herself.

"Get dressed and meet me downstairs when you're ready. We'll go to the beach."

"Sure." I owed her a proper proposal. I texted the guys and Margaret telling them to hide with a camera. I want her reaction to be captured forever.

"Wear something nice, a pretty sundress. You look good in those."

"Shut up Mikey."

"Wear make-up too. Make sure you look extra nice."

"What are you up to?" She had no clue and I wanted to keep it that way.

"The better you look the better you'll feel. Isn't that what all girls think?"

"Shut up." I heard her laughing. Oh how I missed that laugh.

"Are you ready yet?"

"It's only been 20 minutes! I'll be down soon." After an hour she came down looking beautiful as ever.

"Wow A. You look amazing."

"Thanks Mikey. You don't look half bad yourself, now that I'm up and moving."

"Just get in the car." It was good to have her back after the long few months.

"Mikey, what are we doing?"

"Celebrating you finally moving again. We're going to the beach."

"Oh Mikey. You really don't have to do anything." Oh I was doing something.

"No, I do. Just trust me on this."

"I don't know. That sounds like you're gonna throw me a party. Michael, if people show up I will kill you. Not literally."

"I know baby gurl. Like I said, just trust me."

"Alright, I trust you." I saw Cameron run behind a bush, Margaret run out and do something, then run back. Anna was staring at the sea.

"You thinkin about anything?"

"No, just enjoying the view. It's so blue and clear. Look how the sun hits and it sparkles. I never noticed this before, well there was one time." She was smiling, deep in memories I guess.

"And when was that?"

"When I was here with you on our first date."

"Don't know what I'ld do, if they knew I was here with you."

"Mikey, that's not even funny right now."

"Too soon to make jokes?"

"Just a little. I'm not sure I'll ever get over that." It kills me that I hurt her by keeping us secret. It wasn't fair to her or the guys.

"I'm sorry A. Maybe I can make it up to you."

"How do you plan to do that?"

"With this." I pointed and her hands went up to her mouth.

****************************************************************************