Status: This is the first story Ive posted here. Enjoy.

Love Me or Let Me Go

2nd Chapter

Michael's POV:

Something about Anna made my heart pound. That girl was different. She didn't throw herself at me. She knew I was popular and she wasn't as accepted, but that didn't change much.

"What up Mikey?" Zach and Cameron were staring at me.

"Nothing. Just dreaming about the girls we'll get when we're famous. I see millions of them climbing on stage to get us."

"You would. Psycho." Cameron laughed and headed home to watch his sisters. He may be popular, but he was a sweetie at heart. He once dated Anna's friend, Margaret, but once I befriended him, that girl got dropped. She would hurt our rep too much.

"Now what are you thinking about?"

"Nothing Zach. Don't you have to watch Vic?"

"I'm at my house."

"Oh. Yeah. Well then I better go."

"Forget about Anna dude. She's a loser. I mean think about it, she's a blonde, that's so last year, she wears glasses, and did you see that car she had today. I wanted Cam to hit it just to put her out of misery. But that would make her a bus girl. Anna is a loser!" He didn't know her like I did.

"Yeah she is. Did you forget last year she had braces. What loser has braces." I had to play this cool.

"Cameron does."

"But you can't see his."

"True. Didn't she get like, blue."

"Sky blue." I imitated the lisp she had when she first got them on. No way could Zach know I liked her.

"Good boy. Now get home and rest. We have a full week of rehersal."

"We still have Friday off right?"

"Yup."

"K. Mom wants me to spend time with her."

"Lame. Parents are like that."

"Zachary!"

"Sorry mom. Love you!" Mrs. Porter was awesome. She was like a mom to me and Cameron.

"Well, I better go. Mom's gonna grill me about my first day as a senior. I'm sure dad will ask about the chicks too."

"See ya. Remember our rule on dating."

"They must expect the band to be first priority. If there is practice, tour, show, etc. all band members must attend. No matter what special day it is."

"Good boy." Why did he always say that? I'm the reason they are cool! Not bragging, it's just fact. Once Zach and Cam hung out with me, everyone loved them. I got home around 10. I had to ask Anna out, but it had to be late so no one knew where I was. Zach and Cam would freak. She said yes of course and man I was relieved. I was sure she wouldn't say no, but still, girls are strange.

"Michael why are you home late?"

"Mom, I'm early for me."

"Answer her question son."

"I had band stuff with Zach, then I, uh, had to do something."

"Michael tell me or your grounded this weekend." That would ruin the date.

"I asked a girl out okay?"

"That's my boy!"

"My baby is growing up. He's a senior and asking a girl out at her house. Oh Mikey!" Mom hugged me until I started gasping for air.

"Yes, mom, I am. Can I go to bed now?"

"Sure Mikeybear. How long before I stop hearing that?"

"I don't know mom." I was going to get my own place once we started recording and touring. She knew that, but we didn't know when that would be. We weren't getting any offers and it was frusturating. I punched my pillow.

"Mikey, someone will pick you guys up. You are really good. Just give it time." Sometimes she knew what to say. I let her believe this was one of those times.

"Sure mom."

"Think about what's coming up. You have a big date. I can tell you really like this girl. It's the first time you've blushed telling us about a date." Now this was a time she made it all better.

"Thanks mom."

"Goodnight Michael."

"Night mom."

*********************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated. Just sayin :D