Status: This is the first story Ive posted here. Enjoy.

Love Me or Let Me Go

(21)

Anna's POV:

I had just told Mikey what no one except Margaret knew. Mom and dad had no clue I knew about this.

"I will never do that to you Anna."

"I know Mikey. The fact that you're here now proves that to me. You stuck by me through everything, well ya know."

"Yeah. I know. I am sorry about that."

"Hey, you were a cool guy, I was a loser girl."

"But I had no right to act that way. Come here." He gave me a hug.

"Did you two work out whatever went on?"

"Mom, it wasn't a problem with us. It's a problem with you and dad." She looked confused, then hurt.

"Michael, could you leave?"

"Of course."

"Call me later Mikey."

"I will A." He kissed me and left.

"You heard us talking didn't you?"

"Mom, it wasn't exactly quiet. Are you gonna get a divorce now?"

"I don't know."

"Mom, does he love this other woman?"

"No, sweetie. He just started seeing this woman a few months ago."

"How many months?" I was getting mad now.

"5. Approximately."

"Oh mom. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Your father and I have to work this out for ourselves. It doesn't affect you at all." Of course it did.

"Mom, this may not be the time, but Mikey and I are gonna buy a place soon."

"What? You're only 19!"

"Mom, we're engaged! I was pregnant! You didn't care about any of that."

"I don't want to be alone."

"Oh mommy. I'll visit so much it'll be like I never left. You can put in the gym you always wanted."

"I would never. I need a room for my grandkids to stay in."

"Let's wait a while before that happens. Mikey is getting to be busy with the band."

"Don't let his work be more important than you."

"I won't mom. I love him, he loves me. We're happy and will stay that way." The phone rang and mom went to get it.

"Rick, hi. She knows! We can't pretend it's not happening anymore!" I didn't know what was going on but mom was really yelling at him. I started crying. They weren't going to make it.

"Mikey, can we go house hunting. I really need to get out of here." He was there in 10 minutes. I told mom I was going out and she just waved me on.

"What's going on A?"

"Mom and dad have been yelling at each other for 15 minutes. I don't know what he's saying, but I know they won't make it."

"You don't know that Anna."

"Mikey I just know!"

"Do you think he loves her more than your mom?"

"Mom said no, but she also said they had dated for 5 months."

"I think you need to talk to him."

"I'm not sure I can. I almost hate him right now."

"Do you really wanna look at a place right now?"

"Yes. I need to."

"Okay A." We spent three hours searching and only went home because it was almost 7. None of the houses were perfect, or even decent. Mikey had no price range, yet I couldn't fall in love with anything. I ran inside and upstairs. I had to do this. I dialed his cell phone number.

"Hello?" I couldn't talk to him.

"Daddy, we need to talk now. Do you love this woman more than mom?" He was silent for a moment too long.

"No pumpkin, of course not!"

"Then why have you been with her for 5 months?"

"Your mother was my first love. I need to see if anyone else makes me feel that way." That's bs and he knows it.

"Dad, you are a no good loser."

"Come on sweetie. You don't believe that."

"Are you sleeping with this woman?"

"Her name is Isabelle, and that isn't an appropriate question." I was really starting to hate the name Isabelle. They brought no good.

"Answer me!"

"Yes, I am."

"You're an asshole." I hung up.

***********************************************************