Status: Active :)

A Thousand Lifetimes

I'll Be Drunk Again.

It was Saturday, the day of the benefit and Elina was currently led over the toilet bowl emptying the contents of her stomach. Last night had been a particularly bad night and had seen Elina drink an entire bottle of vodka and two bottles of wine. Her mother had been particularly vile yesterday evening over dinner and it had sent her into the waves of self-doubt and self-loathing that only her friend alcohol could fix.

Once she had cleaned herself up, she took a long bath, shaving and washing ready for tonight. She was just about to get out when her phone buzzed above her head. She quickly dried her hands and reached for her phone.

Got myself a swanky suit for this evening! X

Elina laughed. Josh really did know how to cheer her up, even if it was only a small amount. He usually did so without even realising.

I’m sure you’ll scrub up nicely. Let me get out of the bath and I’ll ring you. x

Elina got out of the bath and let it drain and wrapped a towel around herself. She grabbed all the stuff she needed and went to her room, sitting down on the bed to call Josh, not waiting to dry herself. Three rings and her picked up.

“Hello Elinaaaaaaaa.” He spoke, dragging out her name.

“Hello Josh,” She spoke, “How are you this morning?”

“I’m good,” He replied, “And yourself?”

“I’m fine,” She said, “All ready for tonight?”

“I think so,” Josh replied, Elina could sense some hesitation, “Just a bit nervous I guess.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, I guess your world won’t be much different to mine,” He spoke, “Tonight probably won’t be all that different from one of the parties our label hosts, I’m just nervous for the people I might meet.”

“I hate most of them and most of them hate me, so I doubt many of them will come up to speak to us.” Elina said absent minded, forgetting who she was talking to.

“Why do they hate you?” He asked.

“Oh, I don’t know, the model’s probably hate me because I’m European looking and that’s what designers want at the moment so I’m getting more jobs and I don’t really know about the people behind the scenes if I’m honest.” She covered, not trying to let on that the reason most of the people at her agency hated her was because she’s insulted them all to their faces at least once whilst being piss drunk.

“Well, I’m sure whether they hate you or not they’ll want to know who the hot piece of ass on your arm is.”

“Why, are you not coming with me anymore?” Elina joked, she could just imagine Josh’s incredibly attractive smirk plastered over his face.

“Very funny,” Josh laughed, and paused for a moment, “What are you wearing?” He asked, in a slightly low tone.

“A towel.” Elina spoke plainly.

“No not now you dick,” He chuckled, “Tonight.”

“Oh, I don’t really know.”

“oh right, okay, no worries then,” He spoke, “Anyway, I’ll be off, I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah, alright, I’ll have my driver pick you up before me, so just text me your address.”

Elina put the phone down on her nightstand and dried herself off. She slipped into some clean pyjama’s and began getting ready for that evening. For some reason she felt the need to dress up and make and effort. Of course this was the kind of event where you had to look vaguely like you were going to a high school prom but Elina never really bothered, she usually just picked the first thing she put her hand to, did a poor job of her make-up and went to get pissed. Tonight though, whether it was because Josh was going with her or not, she was going to at least try and look nice and she would attempt to be at least a tiny bit civil to the other guests.

***


Josh was ready. He looked himself up and down once more in the mirror by the front door of his parents’ house. He looked alright, the suit fit perfectly and his hair was behaving somewhat, but he still felt like he hadn’t made enough of an effort. It was too late for second thoughts though as someone knocked on the front door.

Josh shouted goodbye to his sister who was the only one in the house at the time and had stayed in her room writing music much to Josh’s delight – he couldn’t deal with people asking him about tonight – he was nervous enough as it was.

The driver of the large car ushered Josh into the back, shutting the door for him. He slid into the driver’s seat and told Josh to help himself to champagne if he wanted it. Josh obliged and poured himself a glass, hoping it would calm his nerves.

***


Elina kissed her mother on the cheek as there was a knock on the door. She was glad that her mother had approved of her outfit – it saved a lot of drama.

“Hello Ken.” Elina greeted her driver, who walked in front of her.

He usually got the car door for her, but not tonight. She was about to call him out on it when she looked up and oh. There Josh was, handsome as ever, stood holding the door of the car for her. Elina’s heart fluttered a little as she climbed into the car, the boy following. He waited for her to buckle herself in before he offered her some wine, which she took greatfully, trying not to seem to enthusiastic.

***[/centre}

The benefit was as Elina had imagined. A bunch of hierarchy from her management milling around talking to models who were trying to impress to get jobs. Elina and Josh steered clear of the crowd and sat at the bar, taking full advantage of the free wine on offer.

Josh sipped at his glass of red wine. He didn’t really like wine all that much, but it was free and Elina seemed to be enjoying it, so he took one for the team and continued drinking it as he looked around the room. His eyes settled on a couple, obviously itching to get out of her and into each other’s pants. He imagined they were both models, the girl looked sort of like Elina in the way she stood, it must be a model thing he thought. The man was obviously a model himself. He was tall, handsome, blonde and tan and his suit barely fit him, Josh could just imagine the toned torso underneath the shirt he was wearing. Josh didn’t fit in and he knew it, but he pushed the thoughts to the back of his head and turned to Elina.

“You really don’t do socialising, do you love?”

“Only when the free bar is involved,” She said, finishing off her glass of wine, “And even then, as you can tell, I like to steer clear.”

“Have you seen anyone about it?” Josh asked, letting his mind slip and not realising until Elina spoke that he’d completely offended her.

“I don’t need to see anyone,” She snapped, “I just don’t like people.”

Josh looked at her, trying to formulate his words but decided against saying anything. He knew if he did he would either end up getting a slap round the face or being left on his own here as she walked off and refused to talk to him ever again. He liked her too much to let that happen.

***


It was verging on midnight and Josh couldn’t find Elina anywhere. He’d left her an hour ago to use the loo and when he’d come back to the bar, she and her purse were gone, leaving nothing but an empty wine glass with the rim stained from her lipstick. He was about to give up the search and go home when he heard shouting from the other side of the room.

A crowd had gathered around the site of the shouting and Josh was quick to push through to the front to find Elina shouting at another woman. She was obviously drunk because she was unsteady on her feet. Josh guessed that when he left she’d gotten herself something stronger than wine. He had no idea what the two were shouting about, but as soon as he saw Elina teeter on her heels and begin to fall, he rushed to catch her. She merely missed the floor and Josh had to strain to pull her up.

“Come on Elina, it’s time to get you home.”

“No!” She screeched, struggling against Josh’s grasp around her middle, “I need to teach this bitch a lesson!”

Josh looked at the woman in questioned apologetically and she shook her head as if to say she understood.

“No honey,” He cooed, “We’ve got to get you home, it’s late.”

“I don’t care, she deserves it!”

Josh ignored the rest of her shouting and dragged her out of the party. It was a struggle, but as soon as he got to the elevator and got her inside, she calmed. She opted to put her head on his shoulder as he continued his grip around her middle. If he let her go, she would end up in a pile on the floor, so he tightened his grip around her, more for the fact that he didn’t want to have to pick her up again.

When he got her to the car, the driver helped him get her into her seat and buckle her in.

“You want me to take you to yours first, mate?” The driver asked Josh as he sorted himself out.

“No, it’s fine, I want to make sure she’s home safe.”

The ride home felt like it took twice as long as it did to get to the benefit. Mostly because Elina kept complaining in a drunken slur that she was going to be sick and then decided every time Josh opened her window for her to puke out of, that it was too cold to be sick and that she would wait until she got home.

The driver helped Elina out of the car and into Josh’s arms once again, before handing Josh some keys.

“Make sure you’re careful Mate,” He spoke, “Her mother will kill if she’s woken up.”

Josh nodded and made sure he was quiet opening and closing the door to Elina’s house. He sat her on the stairs to close the door quietly, and then picked her up bridal style to carry her up the stairs.

“Which is your room, Honey?” He whispered.

He let Elina go a little so she could lead the way, but he never let go of her, knowing that if he did, she would probably fall over and seriously injure herself.

Josh felt it a success when he’d got her on her bed and out of her heels without making any noise. He loosened his tie a little and moved Elina so she was under the covers before taking his suit off and climbing in after her. He turned to face her and smoothed her hair, relishing in the peace on her face. It was the only time he hadn’t seen her in some kind of frown.

“You’re such a mystery, Elina,” He whispered, stroking her cheek, “What’s wrong with you?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry that this has taken so long.
I don't want to make excuses but basically, i've been going through a bit of a crisis at the moment. I'm struggling with my family, for reason people don't need to know, but that's taking up a lot of my time because i'm never in a good enough mood to write after arguing about shit.
Secondly, i've had a bit of a change of heart about You Me At Six. They still mean a whole lot to me, but i've really lost interest in writing about them. I don't want this story to go unfinished because I really like it and I want to finish writing it, but I really do lack inspiration at the moment!
That being said, because i've been watching the Olympics and falling in love with the Team GB diving team, would anyone be interested in reading some Tom Daley fan fiction? I am slowly falling in love with this boy so if people want it, i'll write it! :D

Comments would mean a lot to me right now, to know that people are still reading this and still want me to update, so let me know what you're thinking about Josh and Elina and where you think their relationship might go! :D

If you want, you can follow me on tumblr by clicking [url=beautifully-silenced.tumblr.com]HERE[/url] and harrass me via my ask box to update!

Thank you for waiting! <3

Elina's outfit!