Status: This story does contain sexual content, but it's a romance story with a lil drama to add.

Should Have Kissed You at the Park

The Gift Exchange & Christmas Service

********** Meanwhile **********

CHRIS POV

The ride home was a lot of fun. We laughed about some of the things that had happened so far on the tour. Even though we talked everyday, twice a day, it wasn’t the same as talking to her in person. She told me about all of the things that her and Cai did, and the little silly and funny things that Matthew had learned to do or started doing since I left. Taylor told me how Matthew took his job as ‘man of the house’ serious. How he made sure the house was locked up before he went to bed, and how he constantly checked on her and Cai to make sure they were safe. I thought it was too cute. It’s funny how the both of us can be so animated when we talk at times. I was so happy to be in her presence that I could barely contain myself.

When we got to the house, I pulled up in the garage. I was hoping that Taylor couldn’t see one of her presents which was placed in front of my car. I helped her out of the car like I always do and led her into the house.

“I’m so happy you’re here Maury” she stopped and turned to me as we got in the kitchen. She stepped close and pressed her body against me, I leaned in and kissed her lips softly. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I snaked mine around her waist, deepening our kiss. I playfully lifted her up off the ground as she kicked back one leg, then gently placed her back down. “Wow, looks like I was missed” she giggled as I put her back down.

“I thought you knew” I smiled giving her a quick peck before she headed to the bedroom as I eagerly followed behind her.

“Baby, what is this?” she turned to me smiling as she approached the bed.

“What?” I replied pretending not to know or see what she was talking about

“You know what” she smiled “You’ve been here already, haven’t you?” she said taking a seat on the bed, holding one of the gift wrapped boxes in her hand “But when?”

“I had Cai text me when ya’ll left, and I came home so that these would be here when you got here” I smiled “How’d you know I’d been here?”

“You left your lamp on” she smiled “and I haven’t turned that lamp on since you left” she laughed.

“You don’t miss a thing do you?” I laughed taking a seat next to her “Well, are you going to open it or what?” I urged

“Okay okay baby” she smiled slipping the bow off of it, then taking the top off “Wooowwww baby, this is beautiful” she smiled running her finger over the open heart necklace that I had gotten for her.

“You like it” I smiled taking it out of the box and putting it around her neck

“I love it, thank you baby” she smiled

“Here, you have to open this one too” I smiled handing her another box to open.

“This too?” she blushed as she opened the box to reveal a matching earring and ring set. “Chris, you didn’t have to do this for me” she smiled kissing my lips.

“I know, but I wanted too” I replied

“Wait here, I have something for you” she said handing me the small box and getting up from the bed, going into the living room. “Here” she smiled handing me a gift wrapped box when she walked back in the room

“What is it?” I asked taking it from her hand

“Just open it” she squealed as she sat down next to me, a smile plastered on her face.

I opened it to reveal a black on black Movado watch. “Wow Ro, this is SEXY” I smiled

“Yeah? Turn it over” she smiled gently taking my hand and turning the watch over to reveal an inscription To Maury on our 1st Christmas of many to come, Love Ro. “Oh wow, thank you baby, I love it” I smiled kissing her lips.

“You do?” she questioned

“Yeah, I won’t be wearing this to perform in, but I’ll definitely wear it on a daily basis” I smiled

“I’m glad you like it baby” she smiled as she put it on my arm.

“Wait here, I gotta another surprise for you” I said kissing her forehead as I got up from the bed. I went to the garage and got the gift that I was trying to hide from her in front of my car. When I got back into the bed room, she was standing at the dresser admiring her necklace in the mirror. The earrings and ring were sitting on top of the dresser still in the box, and Taylor had come out of her boots and dress and was in her plaid pajama shorts and blue tank top.

“Well, where is it?” she said a big smile on her face as she took a seat Indian style in the middle of the bed.

“Right here” I said taking my hand from behind my back to reveal a small Yorkshire Terrier, that was still shivering in my hand.

“Awww, babbly” she smiled reaching for the puppy as I met her in the middle of the bed. “She is….it is a she right?” she asked as I nodded my head yes “she’s beautiful. I’ve always wanted one” she said petting the puppy as it snuggled into her chest

“I know, you told me that a while back. I figured since me and Matt have DD and Diamond, you needed one just for you too, just your size” I said petting the puppy’s head. “Whatcha gonna name her?” I wondered

“Ummm, Christmas, because that’s when I got her…..on our 1st Christmas together” she smiled kissing my lips.

“Christmas huh?”I chuckled “Ok, if that’s what you want to name her”

“What’s wrong with Christmas?” she frowned as she rubbed the top of the puppy’s head

“Nothing, but I think you just want to name her Christmas so that you can call her Chris” I laughed

“Cocky much baby?” she giggled

“No, just confident, plus I know you Ro” I replied kissing her forehead before getting off the bed to change into some basketball shorts.

“Whatever big head” she laughed sitting Christmas on the bed and going into the bathroom. Christmas quietly roamed around the middle of the bed before snuggling into a spot on the middle of the bed. Taylor came out of the bathroom with her hair pulled into a loose ponytail. She pulled the covers back and they fell over the puppy. Christmas quickly wrestled with the covers until she was from under them, making Taylor laugh, then she snuggled into the covers at the foot of the bed and went back to sleep.

“Why not December?” I asked coming out of the closet in some navy blue basketball shorts. Taylor smiled a bright smile when I came out. ”What?” I blushed

“Nothing” she shock her head.

“So, what’s wrong with December?” I asked again

“That’s cute, but I think Christmas is a little more sentimental. What’s wrong with Christmas?” she asked as I climbed into bed.

“Nothing, I think it’s cute, but what if I wanted to name our daughter that?” I smiled

“Oh so we’re having some kids too?” she laughed as she climbed in the bed and met me in the middle. I picked up Christmas and placed her on top of my feet. I could hear DD’s paws across the hard wood floor as she headed into the bedroom, then laid down on the floor at the foot of the bed like she normally does.

“I thought you knew that already? I want at least 2 more kids. We already have Matthew, he needs some siblings” I laughed as I pulled her close to me kissing the back of her neck, and causing her to squirm a little

“That tickles baby” she giggled

“I know” I chuckled as I held her tight against my body and kissed her again, making her laugh even more.

“So, you just know that we’re going to have kids together huh?” she smiled turning around in my arms to face me and to keep me from tickling her on the back of her neck anymore.

“Yep, so you’ll just be stuck with me for the rest of your life” I smiled

“Oh yeah, is that what you think” she laughed

“Nope, that’s what I know” I kissed her lips “you said this was of first of many Christmas’s to come” I smiled, my eyes getting low with sleepiness.

“I know what I said” she laughed
“Well then, what I just said should come as no surprise”

“It doesn’t baby, I just didn’t think that you had thought about us in that way, you know having a family together” she half smiled as I opened my eyes to look into her big brown ones.

“Yeah, I think about us like that. You and Matthew are already my family, expanding it would be awesome” I smiled

“Yeah, it would” she smiled closing her eyes and rolling over, scooting back so that he back was pressed up against my bare chest. She wrapped my arm around her and intertwined her fingers in mine “Merry Christmas Maury” she exhaled softly

“Merry Christmas Ro, I love you” I smiled closing my eyes and kissing the back of her neck one more time as Christmas moved around on my feet at the foot of the bed.

“I love you more” she replied.

You would think that as for as long as we were apart, that we’d be tearing each others’ clothes off, but we did the complete opposite. We enjoyed the still of the night and I just held her close, inhaling her scent as I fell into a deep slumber.

TAYLOR POV

I woke up to a sleeping Chris, his arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled as he opened his eyes. “Morning beautiful” he half smiled in his raspy morning voice.

“Morning babe.” I smiled

“Are you watching me sleep?” he asked kissing my forehead

“Yeah, I was” I chuckled

“Mmmm, why?” he asked pulling me closer to him

“I dunno, you just look so peaceful and angelic when you’re sleeping” I smiled

“Angelic huh?” he chuckled

“Yeah, its so cute”

“I thought I was the one that did all the sleep watching” he smiled, his eyes half closed

“Not this time” I kissed his lips before getting out of the bed.

“Where you going?” he asked pulling me back into bed with him

“To take a shower, we gotta get ready to go”

“What time is it?” he asked propping himself up on his elbow

“It’s 9, and service starts at 11, you know I need to get a good seat to see my baby sing his 1st solo” I called from the bathroom as I turned on the shower.

“Oh yeah that’s right, my lil man is singing today. Is Donovan coming?” he questioned

“I doubt it. He was supposed to have Matthew for Christmas, but he called me last week and asked if I could keep him. He gave me some bullshit ass excuse about some meeting in Miami that he had to go to” I said coming out of the bathroom just as Chris climbed out of bed. He stepped to me and wrapped his arms around me.

“Don’t worry about him, Matthew has all of us there for him, and Donovan is going to be the one missing out on all the special moments like this. He’s the one that’s going to regret not being around when Matthew grows up and doesn’t want to have anything to do with him” Chris smiled down at me.

“Yeah, but I hate seeing my baby disappointed, and that’s all that Donovan ever seems to do to him, then to redeem himself, he tries to buy Matthew whatever he wants. I’m just tired of always making excuses for him. ” I replied, resting my head against his bare tattooed chest.

“I know you do babygirl, but we’re here for Matthew. Baby, you’re an awesome mom, and when Matthew is accepting his 1st Grammy, it’ll be you that he thanks, not Donovan” Chris smiled kissing her hair.

“Oh yeah, his 1st Grammy huh?” I giggled looking up at me

“Yeah, as long as I’m around, my lil man will be a singing and dancing fool” he laughed

“Too late, he already is” I laughed “How’d me and Matthew get so lucky to have you in our lives” I smiled up at him

“I’m the one that’s lucky to have the two of you in my life” he replied kissing my lips. “C’mon, we gotta get ready to go to church” he smiled leading me into the bathroom.

********** Hour and a Half Later **********

We pulled up at the church just as Cai and Jermaine pulled in. They parked next to us. Chris got out the car and came to open the door for me, just as Jermaine did the same for Cai.

“Morning ya’ll” Chris smiled taking my hand as we walked out from between the cars.

“Morning” they replied in unison as Jermaine took Cai’s hand and they walked with us up the parking lot, me and Cai walking next to each other

“What is this?” I smiled looking at them hold hands

“What?” Chris said looking around trying to see what I was focused on as we stopped to let the cars by.

“You act like you’ve never seen two people hold hands Tay” Jermaine blushed

“I have, but not two people that are JUST friends” I teased

“Who said we were just friends” Cai blushed

“WHAT? Oh we will talk later ma’am” I smiled at her.

“Ok if you say so. You look cute bestie” she smiled trying to change the subject, she thought she was slick “I like that pencil skirt on you” she finished as we walked into the church

“You think you slick, trying to change the subject on me” I laughed “but thank you ma’am” I finished as we approached the second row of chairs in the sanctuary. My parents were already there with DJ and his family. We all greeted each other with hugs as we took our seat. We were early, we wanted to make sure we got good seats, and so that Matt would be able to see us when he got on stage.

By the time service started, everybody was there, my whole family and even the crew was there. Everybody except Donovan, I swear he is a poor excuse for a father, Chris is a better dad to Matthew than he is. We took up all of the second row and most of the third row. The program started right after praise and worship, and everybody had their cameras ready to take pictures of Matthew. We left the end seat open so that Chris could take a video of Matthew singing. Matthew’s eyes lit up when he saw Chris. It just melted my heart. Chris was all smiles when Matthew finished his solo(2:25 mark, 3rd from left on front row – Matthew) too, like a proud dad. I couldn’t be any more prouder of my baby than I was at that moment.

Buzz Buzz my phone vibrated in my purse. I leaned over and took it out to see who or what it was.

New Text Message
Donovan: Tell Matthew I’m sorry I couldn’t b there, but I’ll see him later this afternoon

“You okay baby?” Chris said seeing the expression on my face change

“Yeah baby, it was Donovan” I forced a smile. Chris just wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me as close as the chairs in the church would let us get.