Status: This story does contain sexual content, but it's a romance story with a lil drama to add.

Should Have Kissed You at the Park

The Talk/Christmas Night

DONOVAN POV

My heart was breaking and my jaw was sore. I had hurt Taylor AGAIN and my son couldn’t even say ‘I love you ‘ back to me. I admit, I was wrong for what I said about Chris. As far as I knew, he was an okay dude. But just the thought of him being with Taylor pissed me off. Taylor was my girl, well at one point she was. She is the mother of my child, truth is I’m going to always love her. I know I messed up what I had with her, and I’m never getting that back. I just have to accept the fact that she’s with someone else now. My new year’s resolution is to step and be a better father to Matthew, because he deserves it. I know I said that I didn’t want kids until after I had partner at the firm, but to be truthfully honest, Matthew was my best accomplishment ever. He was smart, funny, fun loving, energetic, and talented. As I got in the car, I let a long defeated sigh, started my MKX and drove off, away from my son and the one woman that all others from this point on had to try to live up too, and those were some large shoes to fill. Now becoming junior partner didn’t seem such a big deal anymore.

CHRIS POV

Matthew was passed out by the time we got home. Once we parked the truck in the garage, I got Matthew out of the car and Taylor got out overnight bag and his presents out the back of the truck. I took him upstairs and got him into his pj’s.

“Chris, do you not like my daddy?” he sleepily asked

“Noo, lil man, your dad’s a cool guy” I wasn’t quite sure how to answer that one

“Well, why did you hit him?” he asked

“Awww buddy, I’m sorry about that…” I started

“Did he try to hit mama again?” he asked

“No, why would you ask that?” I just hope he never saw what I had to witness with my mom

“Because, he did one time” that made my blood boil, the fact that he would put his hands on her was bad enough, but to do it while your child is at home is even worse.

“Who told you that Matty?” I asked gently

“Nobody, I saw it” his eyes were open and wide

“Tell me what happened buddy?”

“It was when we lived in Houston, mommy don’t know that I saw it. They were arguing one day when he came to visit, and he slapped her in the face like this, but hard” he replied demonstrating to me how Donovan hit Taylor.

“Where was Uncle Justin?”

“This was before he came to visit us”

“Were you scared buddy?” I softly rubbed my hand across the top of his head, trying to put him back to sleep and keep him calm.

“A little, I called her name and daddy told me to go to my room, then he closed the door. He left a few minutes later and momma was crying. Aunt Cai came over for lil while after daddy left”

“Awww lil man, I’m sorry that you had to see that. You don’t have to worry about him ever hurting your mom again. She has me, your uncles, Gramps and you to protect her, okay?” I smiled

“Ok. Chris, I love my dad, I just don’t like him because he hurt my mama. I love and like you because you don’t hurt her” he smiled

“You never have to worry about that lil man, I love your mom too much to ever hurt her” I replied “No get some rest, we have a big day tomorrow, starting early okay?”

“Are we going on the bus tomorrow?” he smiled bright

“Yeah, but that’s not until after the concert tomorrow night”

“Ok, I can’t wait, I’m so excited. I’ve never been on a tour bus before” he exclaimed

“Well, it’s a lot of fun, so get some rest okay”

“Ok” he smiled

“Good night lil man”

“Good night Chris, I love you” he smiled sitting up wrapping his little arms around me

“I love you too Matthew” I smiled as I gave him a tight hug, then tucked him in the bed just as Taylor walked in the room with his bag.

“Good night bubba, I love you” she smiled leaning over and kissing his forehead

“Good night mama, I love you too”

I took Taylor’s hand and walked her out of the room. We headed down the stairs and to our room. Christmas was laying on the foot of the bed and DD was laying on the floor at the foot of the bed. I closed the door behind me once we were in the room. Taylor walked into her closet and took off her shoes, she came out unbuttoning her shirt.

“How’s your hand baby?” she asked looking down at her shirt. I couldn’t help but stare at her, she was just so beautiful in so many more ways than just physically.

“Chris” she said looking up at me.

“Huh? What you say baby?”

“How’s your hand baby? Is it okay?” she tilted her head to the side, then turned to face the dresser, taking her earrings out of her ears.

“Oh yeah, it’s fine” I said walking up behind her as she lifted her hair for me to take off her necklace. I slowly leaned over and kissed her neck. She left out a soft moan as she put the necklace in her jewelry box. I grabbed her waist and slowly turned her around to face me, our eyes meeting. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I pulled her closer.

“Thank you” she spoke so soft and sweetly

“For what” I smiled starring into her brown eyes

“Just for being you, and for being there today”

“Baby, I’m always here for and Matthew. I’m never leaving you, even though I know you can handle yourself, but it’s my job to protect you”

“But you don’t have to Maury”

“Yes I do. I never want to see you hurt. I never want Matthew to have to see what I saw as a kid with my mom and stepdad. As long as I’m around, you never have to worry about Donovan” I softly kissed her lips.

She pulled me closer, deepening our tongue wrestle. I slowly turned her around and walked her to the bed. She almost sat on poor Christmas and DD almost got stepped on by me. “Wait, hold up” I said as we laughed at our dogs trying to get out of our way. I walked over to the bedroom door, and opened it. I kissed for DD to come to me and Christmas followed. They walked out of the room and I closed the door, locking it behind them. I walked back over to the bed where Taylor was laying on her side, her head resting in her hand, wearing a sweet smile.

“What?” I blushed

“Nothing, just admiring this really sexy guy that brought me home, that’s all”

“Really? Does he know that you already have a man? I mean, I’d hate for your man to walk in on ya’ll” I flirted back, getting in the bed and laying on my side, facing her, in the same exact position that she was in.

“Yeah, he knows, he thinks he can take me from him, but that remains to be seen”

“Hmmm, that almost sounds like you’re thinking about letting him try” I smirked

“I’m thinking about it”

“Well, let me see if I can steal you away from him” I said leaning over, giving her a kiss. She wrapped her arms around my neck as slowly leaned over her, laying her back down on the bed.

********************

I rolled over onto my side of the bed, trying to catch my breath.

“WOW” she smiled

“That’s what you get for not being on the bus with me for over a month” I laughed turning my head to look at her

“Really? Maybe we should take month long breaks more often” she laughed still trying to catch her breath

“Ummm, no baby, that’s okay” I laughed

“Why not?” she laughed rolling over on her side to face me.

“Because, I don’t want to wear you out every time we do it”

“Ok, if you say so” she laughed kissing my lips

“So what you saying, I didn’t put it down?”

“No, I didn’t say that, in fact… I’mma cook, I’mma clean, you put it down” she said in her Yvette from Baby Boy voice making me laugh. I leaned over, wrapped my arm around her waist, I pulled her on top of me. She straddled my waist, scooting her body down, and laid her head on my chest. I gently rubbed my hands up and down her back and kissed her hair.

“I could stay like this forever” she said softly kissing my tattooed chest.

“I wish we could too bae” I pulled the covers up over her shoulders and wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head. “I love you Ro” I said before closing my eyes.

“I love you more Maury” she kissed my chest again. Our breathing became in sync with each other as we fell asleep.

TAYLOR POV

I woke up soft kisses being planted all over my neck and back, a warm arm wrapped around my torso.

“Mmmm, what are you doing?” I smiled slowly rolling over to snuggle in his chest

“Nothing” he softly replied, continuing to plant kisses down my shoulder to my chest as I wrapped my arm around his shoulders.

“Oh ok, if you say so, what time is it?” I giggled as his breath tickled my neck. He slowly rolled over on top of me continuing to kiss my chest, slowly making his way down my torso then back up, as I unconsciously opened my legs for his body to lay in. I gently rubbed my fingers through the black curls in his head. “I could get used to be waken up like this” I smiled as he hovered over my body.

“I bet you could, and it’s 6:30am” he smirked, then gave me a quick peck on the lips before jumping over me and out of bed. I heard the toilet seat go up, I don’t need to tell you what came next. I pulled the covers back up and under my arm, laying on my side to admire the sexy man that had just occupied my space.

“You getting ready to go to the arena?”

“Not yet, in a few hours I will” he said as he dried his hands on the bath towel hanging up by the sink. “I have other things to take care of first”

“Oh ok. I need to pack for me and Matt anyway” I threw the covers back and my legs over the bed.

“Where you going? I said I had some things to take care of first” Chris smiled hovering over my body , leaning over kissing my neck, catching me off guard, which I didn’t mind at all.

“Well, I was going to go pack me and Matt’s things for the next week” I whispered

“You can do that when we finish” his lips grazing my neck. He set up to look me in my eyes, and as I stared into his beautiful brown ones, I could feel my temperature rising, and my breath being taken away. I don’t know what it is about Chris, but every time he looks into my eyes, I lose my breath. He slowly leaned into me, kissing me softly on my lips. He wrapped an arm around my waist, and effortlessly pulled me further to the middle of the bed. As our kiss deepened I laid back on the bed and wrapped my arms around him. He took his hand and softly slid it down the side of my face to my shoulder to my chest, down my torso to my thigh. He gently pulled up my leg up and wrapped it around his waist, then slowly he entered my body. I rocked my hips to adjust to his size. A size that my body was all too familiar with, we fit together like a hand to a glove. He slowly began to move in and out, then into small circles as he kissed my neck. With every motion he went deeper inside me and I rocked my hips to his rhythm; for every moan I released, he pumped harder until we were climaxing together. His body fell limp against mine as we entered into a series of soft pecks on the lips.

“Damn Ro, you’re gonna wear me out before I have to perform tonight”

“You started that, not me” I laughed into his shoulder

“Why you gotta bring up old shit” he teased as he rolled over on the mattress

“Whateva big head”

“Yeah, that’s what I’ve been told” he winked

“You so nasty” I laughed playfully hitting him. “I gotta pack” I started getting up

“Noooooo, lay here with me for a few” he whined pulling me back down and closer to him.

“Babe, don’t you have to get ready to head to the arena?”

“Yeah, but I still have a few hours before I have to be there” he smiled laying on his pillow and throwing the covers over us.

“Oh ok, well, just a few minutes, I have to pack for me and Matthew and you now that’s not gonna take forever” I laughed kissing his chest, then snuggling into him.

“Shhhhh” he kissed my hair, rubbing his hands up and down my back. “Just relax baby, if you forget anything, we’ll get it while we’re on the road”

I kissed his chest again, closed my eyes, and let his scent engulf me until I was sound asleep.