Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Jonathan/Devon

*Devon's P.O.V*

"No, I'm telling you. That's exactly what this girl said to Jon." Kaner said to me, making me laugh even more.

"What did she...look like?" I asked inbetween laughs.

"Blonde hair, blue eyes, your height, fake everything." Patrick said, stopping at a stop sign.

I nodded and then rubbed my eyes. It was about midnight and Patrick was taking me back to Jon's. We had gone to Sharpie's house to watch Madelyn for him and Abby. And now Kaner was telling me about the other night, after a game against the Flyers.

It was dark out now, obviously, and there was no cars on the road. I was tired and just wanted to go to bed. Jon was probably waiting up for me and probably wanted to sleep just as much as I did.

Patrick had stopped at this stop sign for a few minutes to text someone. Now he started moving the car foward and went straight and out of no where a large truck was coming towards my side of the car and it's loud, blaring horn was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

Image

*Jonathan's P.O.V*

My phone rang around 1:30 and it was Pat. "Hello?"

"It came out of no where." he said.

"What're you talking about? Where's Devon?"

"I'm so sorry, Jonathan." he sounded like he was crying.

"KANER! WHAT HAPPENED?"I screamed at him.

"It's Devon. She- she's in a coma. She broke her skull and her arm. They won't let me see her." Patrick told me.

I hung up the phone and grabbed my keys. When I got in the car, I sped to NorthWestern Memorial Hospital in downtown Chicago.

I asked the woman at the front desk what floor she was on, and I was told she was on the 6th floor. When I got up there, I found Sharpie and Seabs talking quietly, Patrick with his headin his hands, and Abby was trying to make him feel better.

They all looked up when I sat down next to Kaner. He looked at me. "It's not your fault." I said. "You said you didn't see it."

"I'm so sorry, though." he whispered.

"Are you crying?" I asked.

"She could've died and you're making fun of me for crying." he said.

"Have you guys seen her yet?" I asked.

"They still won't let anyone see her," Abby said.

"What if when she wakes up she doesn't remember anyone?" Pat said.

"Kane, shut up. You're not helping." Brent said.

"I'm not a positive person," he said.

"No shit." Sharpie replied.

"Devon Krouse?" we all turned our heads to see a doctor.

"Is she alright?" I asked.

"Are you family?" she asked me.

"I'm her boyfriend,"

"What about them?" she asked, gesturing to the others.

I looked at them and nodded. "Yeah. They're family."

The doctor led us into a room, where Devon was. She looked lifeless on the bed. The room was quiet except for the beeping of the moniters. "What's wrong with her?" Brent asked quietly.

"She shattered the top of her skull on the impact of her hitting the wind shield. When the truck hit the car, she broke her arm. But what caused her to go into the coma was the bleeding in her skull. The body went into a coma to put all it's energy on healing her skull." the doctor explained.

"How long will she be out?" Abby asked.

"Comas can last from a few days to a few weeks. In more severe cases, it could last more than five weeks while some have lasted for several years. But in Devon's case, she should be responsive in a week, the most."

"Thank you," I mumbled as she left.

"She could be out for years." Patrick mumbled.

"Are you deaf, idiot? She said the longest Devon will be unresponsive is a week." Brent said.

All of us sat silent for a few hours until Duncan and Corey came. It was about 6 when they arrived. "Is she gonna be okay?" Duncan asked.

"She'll be fine." Sharpie said with his arms around Abby's waist.

"When will she wake up?" Corey asked.

"About a week or so." I said.

"We have a game tonight." Kaner said looking at everyone's face.

"I'm not playing." I said, shifting in my seat.

"Yes, you are. I'll stay with her." Abby said.

"No," I argued. I looked at Patrick and he had a serious look on his face. "Shar-" He glared at me. "Fine. I'll play. But if I play like shit, I blaming you people."

Image

Abby sat in the hospital room, holding Devon's hand. SHe had the game on, but was more focused on Devon. "You're killing, Jon," Abby mumbled.

A murse walked in to check on Devon. "Can I ask you something?" Abby said.

"Sure, ma'am." she said with a smile on her face.

"Can I do her hair? And fix her make up?" Abby asked.

The nurse laughed. "Of course you can."

"Thank you," Abby said as the nurse left.

Abby stared at Devon. "We'll do it tomorrow." And she turned to watch the game.

Image

*Jonathan's P.O.V*

I skated in a circle, waiting on the refs for the okay to get in my faceoff position. We were playing the Red Wings tonight. Henrik Zetterberg skated up to my side. "I heard your girlfriends in the hospital," he said.

I nodded. "How she is?"

"She's in a coma. Won't be responsive for a week or so." I said, my voice breaking.

"I'll tell Jimmy to let one in for you. But it's for her." he said.

"I need your goalie to let an easy one in for nothing. I can score myself." I said.

He just skated away and went to talk to Jimmy Howard. I saw Howard look over at me and then back to Henrik, and nod.

I sighed. This is going to be a long night.

The first ten minutes went without any scoring and both teams were playing calm. Then with about 5 minutes left, I wrapped around the back of the net and it went under Howard's pads. That's not one he wanted to give up to me. He probably meant to give up a high slot shot in the second or third period.

As my linemates finished patting my helmet, I heard, "Hey, Toews!" I looked over at Howard. "That was for her." I skated up to him and gave him a fist bump. I hit his pads with my skate and smacked his helmet. Then I went through the high fives from the rest fo the team and sat down on the bench.

"What was that about?" Coach asked me from behind.

I shook my head. "He just said something. That's all."

"Was it like a chirp?"

"Not at all. Nothing like a chirp."

The game went on and we won 5-2. After the game, a reporter asked me, "What was that exchange you and Howard had after your goal in the first period?"

"Uh, Zetterberg had told him about, uh, my girlfriend being in the hospital, and he said that, that goal was for her. And I thanked him, that's all."

Image

Kaner, Sharpie, Brent, Corey, and I walked into the hospital room and Abby was still sitting there. She stood up. "How was she?"

"Well, she sneezed and blinked a few times." Abby said, hugging her husband.

"She blinked?" Kaner asked.

"Not really blinked, her eyes just moved around." Abby explained.

When her and Sharpie were about to leave, she put her hand on my shoulder, "Go home and get some sleep. She'll be fine, Jon."
♠ ♠ ♠
I needed to make a Tazer story and that one shot I already had of him, I couldn't make into a story because I had no idea what to write about in it.

SO I CAME UP WITH THIS.

how you guys like it?

comment&sub?