Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Jonathan: Part 1

Devon and I probably stayed up too long for my liking, but the whole time she was smiling and laughing, so "Captain Serious" stayed away and "Loving Boyfriend" came out. She fell asleep around 4, and I carried her into the bedroom, which made her wake up.

"Go back to sleep," I whispered.

She patted my face and nodded back off. I laughed and went to change.

10:49 am;

"Wake uppppppp," I grunted and caused Devon to giggle. She was sitting on my hips.

"What time is it?" I asked, not opening my eyes.

She didn't answer at first. "Ten to 11," I groaned loudly and sat up, hitting her in the head. "Ow!"

"Sorry. Did I hurt you?"

"Yeah. With that big head of yours," she said.

I gasped. "It' not that big," I mumbled.

She laughed. "Be a nice boy and make me breakfast,"

I plopped back on the pillows. "Let me sleep for another hour, then maybe."

She pouted and I grabbed her hips and threw her down next to me, then I wrapped my arms around her so she couldn't move. "The least you could do is let me get comfortable," she mumbled into my chest. I shook my head and she gave up. "Fine, pull the blankets up, though. I'm cold, dude."

I laughed and pulled the blankets up.

Image

I woke up an hour and a half later, without Devon next to me. But then the closet door opened and Devon came out with just a towel on.

She stared at me and I grinned. "Wanna go out to lunch?" she asked.

"Chinese?" I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Obviously." and then walked back into the closet and closed the door behind her. I got out of bed and started the shower. When I got out, I changed and grabbed my car keys.

"Devon?"

"One second," I heard from the closet.

I sat on the end of the bed and went through my text messages. Kaner, Sharpie, Lennox, Coach... wait, Coach?

Ask Devon if she'd like to sing the anthem at tonight's game

I hadn't heard Devon come out of the closet. I looked up beause I saw a flash of red,which happened to be her letterman jacket and heels. She looked like a teenager in high school wearing that outfit.

"Don't you look cute," I said sarcastically.

She pulled me and said, "Thank you, darling,"

I felt the urge to kiss her, because, normally, I would have. I didn't have to because Devon (somehow with heels on) lent up on her tippy toes and kissed me.

Then she kissed my cheek and pulled me out of the bedroom.

"You look like you're fifteen," I said to her.

"15-year-olds don't wear scarlet red high heels outside." she said.

I rolled my eyes and unlocked my car. When I started driving, I said, "So, our Coach, he's your Uncle."

She nodded. "I know. I was with my family for a week. They told me."

"Well, he asked me to ask you, if you'd like to see the National Anthem at the home game tonight."

"Sing the Anthem...at the United Center?" I nodded.

She looked out the window. "Okay,"

Image

After lunch, I dropped Devon off at Brandon and Lennox's and Brandon came back to my apartment with me.

"So, Jonny Boy, excited to kick some Islander ass tonight?" he said to me, as I handed him a beer.

"Only because it pisses off Devon and her family," I said with a grin.

"Oh, right. I forgot she's an Islander fan." Brandon said with a nod. "So, how did last night go?"

"We stayed up 'till like 4, which is way too late."

"Captain Serious much?" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "How're wedding plans going?"

He leaned back in the chair. "I don't know. There'll only brought up to me when it has something to do with the groom and my side of the family, otherwise Len takes care of it all with the wedding planner."

"Has she picked out her dress yet?"

He shook his head. "Next week, I think."

"Does that mean you have to go get a tux next week?" I asked.

"Probably." he took a sip of his beer.

"Bryan the Best Man?"

"You know it." he said.

----

"How are wedding plans going?" Devon asked Lennox.

"Great, except I wish Brandon would help out a little bit more." Lennox said.

"He's a boy, he's not going to do it unless you say something." Devon said.

"Well, nevermind that, I need to ask you something," she said taking Devon's hand.

"Okay?"

"I don't have any sisters...and you're my best friend, and I want you to be my Maid of Honor." Lennox said with a smile.

"Really?"

She nodded. "But you're most likely going to be walking down the isle with Bryan, because he's best man."

"I'd love to...and I haven't met Bryan yet," Devon said.

"I'll introduce you at the game tonight." Devon nodded.

Image

I didn't see Devon after lunch, so I went to the game with Pat. Devon must have went with Lennox.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please rise and take off your hats for the singing of the National Anthem,"

I stood at the blue line with Kaner and Sharpie next to me and Brent and Duncan on either sides. Devon probably would be a little freaked out that the fans would cheer while she sang, but it's a tradition, she'll get used to it.

"Hey look, she's wearing your jersey, Jon," Sharpie said nudging me.

I looked as Devon came out of the tunnel, making the crowd get louder. It was true. She had my jersey on and changed her outfit again.

Devon smiled at Corey, who I could see grinning even though his back was to me. Then she looked over at the line of us, smiled and looked at one of the Islanders players, and smiled. It actually made me a little jealous that was even acknowledging other teams players.

"Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:

Oh, say! does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? "


The Madhouse got louder when Devon came to an end. And when she finished, she quickly walked back into the tunnel.

The lights turned back on and we got ready for the opening faceoff. And I stood there at center ice, waiting on the refs, I heard Travis Hamonic, a 21-year-old no-good defensemen little fuck, say, "I bet she looks better without the jersey on, eh, Toews?"

I glared at him and Kaner stepped in front of me and said, "Why don't you shut the fuck up and worry about how your going to try and help your goalie out, dumbass."

Hamonic laughed it off with his teammates and then John Tavares skated next to me. "Devon's your girlfriend, right?" I nodded.

"Don't listen to Hammer. He's been a douche lately. Devon's cool, don't worry about her."

"You know her?" I asked as the refs finally came over.

"Met her over the week on Long Island, we hung out, too." he said as we got down to take the faceoff.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY. NOW I WANT TO WRITE A JOHN TAVARES STORY...OR TRAVIS HAMONIC. sigh.

any who. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. I LOVE YOU ALL SO FUCKING MUCH. and you all want a sequel, don't cha?

well, let me know what you want to see in this sequel and i'm gonna go brainstorm a john tavares story.

MWAH. LOVE YOU ALL.