Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Jonathan: Part 2

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I sat on the bench after our first shift and went into a daze. Devon didn't tell me she hung out with Tavares. What the fuck did they do?

"JON! YOUR LINE!" Coach screamed from behind me.

"Shit," I mumbled hopping over the boards.

I hopped over the boards just in time, because was about to go on a 1-on-1, that would turn into a 2-on-1 with me there.

"Kaner, pass!" I yelled.

He saucer passed it over to me past the Hamonic and I scored off the one timer. The guys tapped me on the head and then we skated past the bench.

The first period buzzer went off when all the guys on the ice were shoving each around and chirping. The refs were having trouble separating them, so I slowly skated over.

Kaner and Hamonic had a hold of each others jerseys and were yelling at each other. Then I heard Kaner yell, "MY GIRLFRIEND'S PERIOD HAS BETTER FLOW THAN YOU!"

Hamonic laughed. "What girlfriend, Kane?"

The refs grabbed both of them and said, "If you don't get into your locker rooms, you're both getting misconducts.

Kaner wiggled out of the refs grip and skated over to my side. I scanned my eyes over the guys still on the ice. Hamonic had joined Tavares near the vistors bench and they were looking right at us. Kaner tapped my ankle with his stick and said, "I saw we go for a fight right after the 2nd period faceoff,"

"No," I said.

"Why not?" he asked as we stepped onto the bench and down the tunnel.

"Because, I don't fight,"

"Neither do Tavares and Hamonic. Espically Hamonic. That kid is all talk. Plus, he was saying shit about Devon and Lennox. Brandon was ready to bit the shit outta him. Why won't you?"

"Brandon's a better fighter. Let him." I said walking into the locker room.

"I plan to," Brandon said, overhearing us. "After you kick Tavares ass and Kaner kicks Hamonic's."

"I'm not fighting Tavares or Hamonic. I'm not fightling anyone." I said.

"Devon never told you about Tavares, right?" Brandon asked.

I shook my head. "Fight for her then."

Image

I skated out onto the ice for the 2nd period with Kaner and Sharpie right behind me. Hamonic continued to glare at me.

"So right off the faceoff?" Kaner mumbled to me.

I shook my head. "I'll start something with Tavares later. But if you wanna go after Hamonic, be my guest."

The second period felt like it went on for hours. Everything felt so slow. And then with 5 minutes left in it, Moulson scored on a breakaway. Corey was pretty upset about it.

And then right after Josh Bailey and I took the faceoff after the goal, Kaner and Hamonic went right to each other.

I pushed Kaner's gloves aside with my stick and then stood with Brent as Kaner and Hamonic continued to go at it.

And with one final right haner from Pat, Hamonic lost his balance and said he was done. We all patted Kaner with our sticks as he picked up his equipment.

The last five minutes went by fast and nothing happened.

As we sat in thhe locker room, it was dedly silent. No one said anything and no one moved. "When are you gonna go with Tavares?" Shaw asked me.

Everyone turned their heads to look at me. "I'm not."

"Why not?!" Brandon and Kaner yelled at me.

"What's the point? It's not like he did anything wrong."

Kaner laughed. "Uh, Jon. He went out with your girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes and stayed quiet for the rest of the intermission.

Kaner was in the penalty box for about 10 seconds and then him and Hamonic came out onto the ice after Corey made a save.

"Do it," he mumbled passing me.

I glared at him. Tavares and I both got chased out of the faceoff. And he got pushing into me. "Teammates telling you to beat the shit out of me?"

"Like no tomorrow." I mumbled.

"Good. Let's go," my eyes widened and he grinned.

"Excuse me?" I said.

He didn't answer, but bumped into me again as Sharpie won the faceoff. Okay, Tavares. Fuck you.

"Fine." I said and he turned to me as the rest of the players went into the other zone.

He threw off his gloves and I did the same. I heard the refs whistle blow as John hit my shoulder.

I saw Kaner grinning like a fool out of the corner of my eye. And then I punched John square in the nose. I literally heard a crack. He grabbed his face and fell to the ice.

Both teams tapped their sticks and I skated away towards the penalty box, quite satisfied with myself.

Image

Turns out I broke Tavares' nose! I would've felt great about it, but then while I was in the box, Moulson scored again.

We lost the game 3-1 because Moulson scored an empty netter, getting his natural hat trick. I think I was the most bummed about it, and I didn't know why.

All of us, everyone single one of us, sat at our lockers.

"Get some rest, boys. It's one loss. We're in 2nd place, remember? We play them next week and we'll kick their asses." Coach said to all of us, who still hadn't even taken showers yet.

"Better hope the Wings don't win tonight. Then we're not in 2nd place anymore." Kaner said making Coach glare.

"Don't be such a downer. The Wings are playing New Jersey, who happen to be on a 7 game winning streak." Shaw said.

"We were on a 5 game winning streak before the Islanders came in tonight," Kaner said back.

"Shut the fuck up and take a shower, Kaner," Brent said.

"KNOCK FREAKING KNOCK!" we heard from outside the door.

"Come in," Corey said in a gloomy tone.

Lennox skipped inside with Devon walking in slowy behind her. Devon had a small smile on her lips. I knew and understood that she was an Islanders fan, but it pissed me off even more that she was showing her happiness in a room full of defeated hockey players.

"Sorry about the loss tonight, guys," Lennox said before walking over to Brandon's locker.

It's gonna be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello, beautiful readers :) here's the next chapter, i don't know why, but i felt extra wierd writing this one, so tell me what you thought.

and i know you wanted to jon to do something, so i had him ;)

OH! And I planned the sequel! Well, not really. Just the summary, lol. Here's the link to the page. Feel free to subscribe, lovelies!

comment&sub?