Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Devon

"I can't believe we just lost to the Islanders," Lennox said with a frown upon her face.

I had a grin on my face since the game ended. "At least the Hawks didn't get shutout?" Lennox wasn't amused by that.

"You shut up," I laughed. "We play them on Long Island next week. We're going with the boys, and the Hawks are winning."

I threw my hands up in defeat. "Whatever you say,"

United Center was empty. The only sound to be heard was the fans that were still in the parking lot, get ready to leave. Lennox and I were still in the box upstairs.

"Let's hang out tomorow. We'll go shopping and get lunch or something." she said.

I nodded. "I'd like that,"

"Good. Let's go down to the locker room." she said.

Image

"Get some rest, boys. It's one loss. We're in 2nd place, remember? We play them next week and we'll kick their asses." Coach said to all the players, who still hadn't even taken showers yet.

"Better hope the Wings don't win tonight. Then we're not in 2nd place anymore." Kaner said making Coach glare.

"Don't be such a downer. The Wings are playing New Jersey, who happen to be on a 7 game winning streak." Andrew Shaw said.

"We were on a 5 game winning streak before the Islanders came in tonight," Kaner said back.

"Shut the fuck up and take a shower, Kaner," Brent said.

"KNOCK FREAKING KNOCK!" Lennox yelled from outside the door, making me laugh.

"Come in," Corey said.

Lennox skipped in and I walked in slowly behind her. She stopped walking when she saw all the gloomy looks on their faces. "Sorry about the loss tonight, guys," she said.

They all mumbled a 'yeah' under their breaths. Brandon saw the slight smile on my face. "What're you smiling about, Miss Krouse?"

I shrugged and stopped smiling. "Nothing. Just thought of something funny."

"Uh huh. You're a freaking Islanders fan," he said.

I grinned. "Sorry?"

"Mhmmm. Wipe the smirk off your face. Jon's gonna be in a serious mood." he said before leaving the room to take a shower.

Jon walked out a few minutes after Brandon went in. He had a pair of briefs on already. I felt Lennox come up beside me.

"If you were together, and I wasn't with Brandon, I would so-" "Stop talking," Lennox laughed.

"Jon, how do you get your ass like that?" Lennox called out to him.

He didn't answer, nor did he even turn around to look at us. Lennox frowned and looked at me. "Make sure you make him feel better. He doesn't take losses well." I nodded.

Jon finished getting dressed and then told me he just had to take care of something before we left. Come to think of it, he actually mumbled it at me.

He came back and stood at the door, looking at the ground and waiting. I quietly said goodbye to Lennox and some of the guys and then walked right behind Jon. "Are you mad?"

"We'll talk about it later," he grumbled.

I kept quiet on the way to the car and in the car. I bit my lip and looked over at Jon from the corner of my eye. He kept his eyes on the road. I figured it was good time to make conversation.

"Nice goal tonight," I said softly.

He looked over at me and back at the road. "Yeah, thanks. It was nothing."

What the fuck is your problem? "Did I do something wrong?"

He didn't answer. "Jonath-"

"You didn't tell me you went out with Tavares," he said cutting me off.

All the color drained from my face. That's why they fought. That's why he was being stubborn. "Oh, he told you,"

"Like Christ, Devon. You just started getting used to everything...us, and you're already seeing other guys." he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. Then I laughed. "You...you think I'm cheating on you?" I laughed again. "Okay, Jonathan. Okay."

Image

It was 11:30 when we got back to the apartment. Jon walked slowly behind me, but when I got inside, I slammed the front door in his face. Then I went into the bedroom and in the closet.

I looked around for something to wear to bed. I let my eyes scan over the whole closet and they stopped on the white dress shirt lying on the floor. I picked it up. It was really soft...

So I changed into it. When I slowly opened the door, the lights in the bedroom were off. Jon had already went to bed. I rolled my eyes and walked over to my side.

I crawled underneath the blankets and stared at the ceiling. Then I felt Jon shift and do the same. "Sorry," he said.

I turned my head over in his direction. "Me, too,"

And then he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest. He looked down at me. "What're you wearing?"

I laughed. "Don't worry about it,"

Image

I woke up around 7:30 the next morning and got out of bed without waking Jon. I went into the one guest room that had all my things in it. I ran my hand over the electric guitar sitting there.

I felt the urge to try and write a song, so I grabbed a notebook and sat on the chair. I spun around in it for 10 minutes until I noticed a blank canvas hanging on the wall. Why was it blank?

I hummed for a minute and then it came to me. "Everyday is like a blank canvas. You know you can paint it anyway you want it..."

I sat on the floor writing the song for almost two hours before I finally noticed Jon standing in the doorway with sleepy eyes and bedhead. I smiled and lent back on my hands.

"Morning," he said before walking over and sitting down next to me. "Wanna sing it to me?"

I shook my head. "No thanks,"

He chuckled and stared at the sheet of music that I'd scribbled all over with my hand writing. "Everyday...is like a blank canvas," he instantly looked up at the canvas on the wall.

"Using things around you, I see." he said.

"I was gonna write about you, but I couldn't think of the right things." I said with a grin on my face.

"You should call Mason and tell him you have a song, I think he's still in Chicago for a couple of more days."

I shrugged. "Maybe,"

He sighed and said, "Well, I'm gonna go for a run,"

"Okay." He stood up, but then bent down to kiss me.

"I love you," he whispered.

I smiled. "Love you, too,"

Image

"Hello?" Lennox answered in a sleepy tone.

"Did I wake you?" I heard Brandon groan in the background.

"No, no. I'm just doing gymnastics at 9 in the morning."

"I just wanted to let you know to text me whenever you want to go out,"

"I didn't need you to tell me that, Devon," she said.

I laughed. "Bye."
♠ ♠ ♠
Demi Lovato- Work of Art [x]

love you guys! MWAH!

comment&sub?