Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Jonathan

two weeks later;

After the incident with Tavares and the Islanders, Devon and I went back to normal; leaving awkwardly in my apartment. When we went to Long Island to play them last week, we won 5-0, but I was being targeted by a few Islanders for hurting their star player. That ended in me being hit hard in the boards during the 3rd period by Matt Martin.

I sat in the trainers room for the rest of the night, being tested for a concussion.

When we got back to Chicago the next day, I was told I had one and would sit out for a 2 to 3 weeks, and that could become shorter or longer, depending on my progression.

Devon was upset and wouldn't stop telling me how sorry she was for starting the whole thing by going out with Tavares.

It's been one week, and I haven't made any progress.

Image

I woke up around 11 on January 25th, it was All-Star weekend, Kaner and Brent were in Columbus, and everyone else had gone away for a vacation.

I layed in bed, staring at the ceiling until Brandon barged in and walked into my closet, talking about something. He came back out and threw clothes at me. "Let's go, I need to find a new suit for the wedding and you are coming with me."

"Don't you have a best man for that?" I grumbled.

"Bryan's on vacation with his girlfriend and with the rest of the team." He picked up a pillow and hit me with it.

I sat up and ran a hand through my hair, it needed to be cut. "Where's Devon?" I wondered out loud.

"She's with Lennox, dress shopping." Brandon said.

I grinned. "Does that mean Len's mom is in town?"

"No, her real mom and her don't talk, and if Lennox was in the same room as her step mother, they'd kill each other." he said.

"So it's just her and Devon?" I asked.

"No, there's other girls there. Now please, get up." he whined.

I stood up and grabbed the clothes he'd thrown at me. "I need to shower." I said.

He threw his hands and groaned. And as he left the room, he mumbled, "Great."

I laughed at him. I bet he was even more dramatic about the wedding the Lennox.

Image

Brandon pulled up to a shop that was downtown. It was for dresses and tuxedos. It had only a few people inside, probably because they only took appointments.

"The fact that you two are doing all this now when your wedding is in late June, is beyond me." I said as we stepped inside.

"Lennox wants to get it all done now, so that way if we make the playoffs, I can focus on that." he said.

I rolled me eyes. Lennox said this, Lennox wants that.

"Hi, can I help you two?" the woman at the front desk asked.

"Yeah, I have an appointment." Brandon said as I looked around.

"Name?"

"Bollig." he said.

"Looking for a suit, right?" she asked.

Brandon nodded. "What about your friend?"

I looked at them and frowned. "Umm, I'll just look for now."

Truth was, I didn't need anymore suits, but most likely, if I was still with Devon by then, I'd be her date, and girls usually wanna match their dates, right?

The girl led us to the back of the store and over to where the suits were. "Take your time looking." And she left.

"Does Lennox want you to wear certain colors?" I asked in a mocking tone.

He glared at me before looking at the suits. I took my coat off and threw it on the couch, then sat down on it.

I heard laughs and someone say, "Lennox, that's the perfect dress. It's the one."

"Hey, what store did Lennox go to?" I asked.

He responded with a shrug. "I don't know."

"Um, I think she's here." I said.

"Awesome." he said.

"No, really." he shrugged again.

Then I noticed that the bride maids dresses were right next to the suits. If they hadn't already, the girls would come over here.

I heard heels clicking against the floor, coming towards us. And around the corner came Devon and Lennox. They had smiles on their faces and didn't notice us at first.

Lennox looked up and saw my slightly confused face. She frowned and nudged Devon. Unlike Lennox, Devon smiled and walked over to us. She sat next to me.

Lennox went to Brandon and pick a suit for him to try on.

"Hi," Devon said softly.

I smiled. "Hey."

"How long have you guys been here?"

I shrugged. "20 minutes, half an hour. I really haven't paid attention."

"Lennox found her dress." she said with a small smile forming on her face.

I widened my eyes sarcastically. "OMG."

She laughed. "OMG?"

I shrugged and rubbed my eyes. "Tired?" she asked.

I nodded. "Me, too. She dragged me out here at 7."

"7?!" I asked.

"Yeah!" she said.

"You liked it," Lennox threw over her shoulder.

Devon rolled her eyes. "Are getting one?" she asked.

"I don't know. It depends on if I have a date to the wedding."

She nodded, playing along. "I see."

"Yeah, I mean, there's this girl I want to take, but I need to know if she wants to match our outfits."

She scoffed. "No. Matching outfits is for preppy douchebag couples."

I smirked. "Who said I was asking you?" She nudged my shoulder.

"Wanna get lunch?" she whispered.

"Chinese?" I whispered back.

"Of course, come on." She said standing.

"Where are you two going?" Lennox asked.

"Jon needs to use the bathroom, I'm gonna show him where it is." she lied.

I put my hands on her hips as she walked in front of me. "Do you have your car?" she asked.

"No." She laughed.

"Ooooh, time for you to learn how to call a cab in Chicago." I said throwing an arm around her shoulder.

Image

"Chinese, chinese, chinese." Devon chanted to herself as I paid the check.

The waitress took it and Devon said thank you.

As she gathered her things, I took it upmyself to go outside quickly and hail a cab again. She came out, just as a cab pulled up to the curb.

"Where to?" the driver asked as we got in.

I told him my apartment building and then Devon leant her head on my shoulder and breathed out, so she could see her breath.

Her hair was being kept down by a beanie and her gloved hands were intertwined with my bare ones.

"Aren't your hands cold?" she asked softly.

"I'm never cold." I said with a grin plastered on my face.

"That's not true. Last night you kept getting mad when I pulled the blankets off you."

"Then don't pull the blankets off me," I said kissing her.

She laughed. "I'm going to again."

I mocked her laugh as the cab dropped us off. She laughed again and I rolled my eyes. We walked inside and into the elevator.

Devon began to unwrap herself from the layers of clothing she was wearing. She took off the hat, gloves. The scarf, the jacket, and the sweatshirt that was under it. Then she threw it all on the floor when we got into the apartment.

I sat on the coach and turned on the all-star draft. Devon put her hair up and layed down with her head in my lap.

The teams were Team Parise and Team Crosby. I was supposed to be Crosby's co-captain, but because of my concussion, Jeff Skinner ended up getting it.

"Did Pat get picked yet?" Devon asked.

"Uhh," I watched the TV for a minute. "No, not yet."

"Who do you think will pick him?" she asked.

"Parise will pick him soon."

"Who do you think he wants?" she asked.

I stayed silent for a moment. "Parise, they were teammates during the Olympics on Team USA. And plus, Kaner's not a big fan of Sidney."

"I think he's pretty hot." she said.

"Shut up." I said making her laugh.

"But your still cute," she said. "Now lay down so I can fall asleep on you."
♠ ♠ ♠
omg, guys, i'm so sorry. how long has it been since i updated? Around two weeks? I would tell you I've been busy, but I'd be lying to you. I've just been having major writing blocks for all my active stories. Seriously, the only productive thing I've done since the last time I updated was probably visit my Grandma in the hospital a few times.

I promise once I get out of this block, I'll go back to updating everyday/every other day!

And this chapter was just a fill in, so I had something. So if you find it kind of lame and boring, I understand.

Love you all!

comment&sub?