Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Devon

February 14th, 2013;

"Valentine's Day," Patrick Kane mumbled. "What a load of crap."

"Maybe if you got an actual girlfriend..." Jonathan said, coming down the hallway, shirtless.

"You shut your mouth." Patrick replied.

"Yeah, Kaner. You only think Valentine's Day is stupid because you have no one to spend it with." Viktor added.

"As a matter-of-fact, I do."

"Who?" The team all asked in unison.

"Jon and Devon."

Jonathan's head shot up. "No."

"Yes."

"No, you're not. This is the first Valentine's Day she's technically celebrating with me and you are not about to fuck it up." Jon said.

Kaner groaned. "Hey, Sharpi-" "No."

"But, Sharpie, pleaseeeeeeeeee?"

"Fuck off, Kaner." Sharpie said, throwing his equipment bag over his shoulder and leaving the dressing room.

"Fine. I'll just go to the strip club tonight."

"Have fun." Jonathan said, leaving the room.

Image

I sat on the bed, searching random things on google, waiting for Jonathan to come home and take me to get something to eat.

At one point, I typed in "jonathan toews girlfriend". And up came about 1 million results. The first one was a blog that was titled, "Jonathan Toews Girlfriend". Go figure.

It was a whole bunch of people, being anonymous, writing about Jonathan...and his girlfriend, which happened to be me.

I scrolled through it, but one caught my eye. She's probably faking the whole amnesia thing. I bet she was perfectly fine after the car accident with Kaner. Probably some stunt to try and keep Jonny longer.

I felt my stomach drop.

"Why do you read that crap?" Jonathan asked, slamming down the screen and making me jump.

"It's kind of hard not to." I mumbled standing up.

"It's easy. Just don't pay attention to it." he said, changing his shirt.

I shrugged, and crossed my legs Indian-styled.

"Chinese?" I asked, hopeful.

He looked down at me from where he was standing. "Actually, I was thinking we'd change it up and go to that new Greek place down the road."

"Greek?" He nodded.

"Am I gonna like that?" I whispered, making him laugh.

Image

Jonathan ordered me a glass of wine and a Coke for him.

I stared at the menu; the unfamiliar menu. I turned the page, finding a list of salads. I continued to look at the one page over and over again, until I finally decided I would just have a traditional Greek salad.

The door to the small, cozy restaurant opened, and Jon looked up. He smiled at whoever it was and waved them over. I turned my head to see Corey and a small, dark-haired girl make their way towards us.

Jonathan stood, kissing the girl's cheek and said, "Hey, Camille."

Corey and Camille, who I assumed was his girlfriend, sat across from us inside our booth.

"Cam, what are you doing out here?" Jon asked.

"I got a job with the Blackhawks." she said, smiling.

"Yeah, what're you doing?"

"Well, you know that I'm a photographer, Jon."

"Yeah, but where are you? Ice-level? Locker room?"

"I got ice-level, right next to the penalty boxes."

"That's cool, so are you staying with Corey?" Jonathan asked.

She nodded. "For now, just until I have enough to get my own apartment."

I stared at the two, not sure if I should be jealous that Jon knew this girl so well.

She caught me staring and looked over at Corey for help.

"This is Camille, Devon." Corey stated. "My little sister."

Sister? No wonder she looked so much younger than him.

"Oh, I thought she was your girlfriend." I said.

Camille laughed. "If we weren't related, I'd still be too good for him."

I smiled. She seemed nice enough.

After lunch, we all went our separate ways, which left Jon and I in the car. We sat in a comfortable silence. I stared out the window during the five minute drive back to the apartment.

"Abby and Sharpie are having a party at their house on Saturday." Jon said, as we got in the elevator.

I nodded. "Are you going?"

"Only if you want to."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why does it matter if I go or not?"

"Is that a no?" he asked.

"No, I'll go...You know I'd take any chance I can to see Sharpie." I said, grinning.

He rolled his eyes and stepped out of the elevator.

"What atre we doing the rest of the day?" I asked him.

Jonathan shrugs. "Whatever you want."

"No plans?" he shakes his head.

I wrap my arms around his neck from behind and jump on his back. He carries me into the bedroom, drops me down on the bed, and lays next to me.

"Tired?" I ask him.

"Yeah." he mumbles into a pillow.

"How was practice?"

"Good. Kaner was complaining about Valentine's Day and said he was going to hang out with us for the day but I told him to fuck off and he did. So no Kaner. Yay."

I laughed and pulled a blanket over me and him. He draped his arm over my hip and pulled me as close as possible to him.

Jon kissed my hair. "Love you." he mumbled.

"Love you, too." I said, closing my eyes.

Image

I woke up in the dark. I flipped onto my back and looked at the clock. 9:43.

"Wow, I slept a long time." I said, out loud.

The apartment was silent. It would've been a little creepy if Jonathan hadn't walked down the hallway and into the room 2 seconds later.

"Mornin', sunshine." he said, sliding into the bed.

"It's ten minutes to 10 O'Clock." I said.

"You slept for a while, I thought it sounded sarcastic."

"Wel-" "Shut up and lay down with me."

I let my mouth hang open before I gave in a cuddled into his warm frame.

"Better?" I asked.

"Much." he answered.

I rolled my eyes and tried to focus in on his face in the dark. After a few minutes, he noticed. "What?" he asked.

"Nothing. You're just really pretty."

"Oh, thanks. You're not too bad yourself, kid." Jon said.

I kissed his cheek and then my eyelids began to feel heavy again.
♠ ♠ ♠
hola chicas (and chicos...if there are any reading this)

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. Someone close to me passed away and I had to go to the wakes and funeral.

But now I'm back! Let me know what you think!

Remember! The 70th commenter gets a character in the sequel!

Comments?