Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Jonathan

"First place, boys!" Coach Q yelled as we entered the locker room after our 6-0 win over Philadelphia.

Everyone shouted and wooted. I just smiled and sat at my stall.

After everyone settled down, Corey stood up and said, "I think this calls for celebration."

"Bar!" Kaner and Brent yelled.

"I say we go to Jonny boy's apartment." Sharpie said with a wicked grin spread across his face.

Everyone agreed. "Jon's it is." Corey said.

"But-" I started.

"Hush, Tazer." Sharpie said.

"What about Devon?" I asked.

"Devon loves me. She won't be a problem." Sharpie said.

Image

I drove home as fast as I could. I knew Devon wouldn't be mad. If she didn't like. If she didn't like the idea, she would sigh and talk to me softly.

I ran to the elevators, knowing everyone was staring. And when the doors closed, I tapped my foot impatiently.

"C'mon," I grumbled.

When the doors opened, I bursted out and knocked someone over. Just what I needed, someone to take up a much needed minute I could use with Devon.

"Jon, why are you trying to run out of the elevator like a serial killer is chasing you?" the person I knocked over said.

I knew that voice.

"I need to talk to you, before they come." I said, helping my girlfriend up.

"What?" she said, brushing off her pants.

"TheboysarecomingoverbecausewejusttookfirstplacewiththewintonightandIdidn'tknowifyou'dliketheideasoIhadtorushhomebeforetheygothere." I said quickly.

She stared at me. "What?"

The elevator behind us dinged. "Hey, Devon!"

I groaned. She looked over my shoulder. She smiled. "Hi...whole team."

They all walked to our door and went inside, leaving us standing there.

"Why are you so appalled by the idea of having the team over, Jonathan?" she asked.

"I'm not. I just want to make sure they're not going to ruin your night by taking over the apartment." I said.

"I love the boys." she paused. "But I did actually want to spend the night alone..." she trailed off and looked me in the eyes.

"Oh, come on." I said, annoyed.

She laughed. "It's fine."

"No. Kick them out." I said.

"Jonathan." she said, firmly.

I groaned again.

"Come on, captain serious." she said.

Image

The apartment was filled with half-drunk laughs and the loud voices of my teammates.

Devon sat on my lap as I played NHL13 with some of the boys.

She was quiet, like usual, only talk and laughing when necessary.

Our game ended and I took a sip of my beer. "You alright?" I asked her quietly.

She nodded vigorously.

Crash! The apartment got quiet. "What the fuck was that?" I asked loudly.

"Nothing...." someone in the kitchen said.

Devon got up and walked into the kitchen. "Kaner, really?" I heard her say.

"Sorry, D."

"It's alright."

Everyone got loud again and we started up another match on the xbox.

Devon came back and sat next to me. "What did he break?" I asked, not taking my eyes of the game.

"A plate." she said.

I rolled my eyes. Kaner. Idiot.

Two hours past, and it was a little past one. Devon was curled up on the recliner with Corey, both of them asleep.

Some of the guys, including Pat, left to go out the a bar. The rest went home, to their wives and kids or their girlfriends.

I was about to wake up Corey and Devon, but there was a knock on the door.

"Who the fuck..." I mumbled, opening the door.

"Camille." I said, looking up and down at the small brunette.

"Hey, Jon. Is my brother here, by any chance?" she asked.

"Yeah, come in." I said, opening the door wider.

As I closed the door, I noticed Devon walk sleepily down the hallway. Corey was stretching and Camille stood in front of him, muttering things in French.

"See you at practice tomorrow, Jonny." Corey mumbled at me.

"See you...when I see you, Jon." Camille said, smiling at me.

"Night, guys." I said, closing the door.

I turned and found Devon standing with her arms crossed.

"So are you still up for that alone time?" I asked, placing my hands on her hips.

"What was she doing here?" she asked.

"Who?" Devon narrowed her eyes at me. "Camille?"

"Dev, she came to get her brother." I said.

"How does she know where you live?"

"She came over once before the accident." I shrugged.

"And she just remembered the address and apartment number in one visit?"

"Devon, why are you so mad that she came over?" I asked.

"She just doesn't come off the way you talk about her," she said. "I don't trust her."

"Don't worry about her." I pecked her lips. "Alone time?"

She pushed me away and went to bed.

Image

I skated around the rink a few times, during practice. Corey stopped me. "What's up, Crow?"

"It's Camille. Last night, when she came to get me, she was mumbling things in French. Did you hear any of it?"

I shook my head.

"She was mad that Devon was sleeping with me."

"You know, Devon's been the same way." I said. "She feels like Camille's a threat to her."

Corey shrugged. "They're women. I'm not sure we can change their minds."

I laughed.

"Hey, Jonny! Did you get any ass last night?"

The guys on the ice laughed. "No thanks to you, I didn't."

"Shootout!" Coach yelled. "Winner gets a practice pass!"

Image

I dropped my bag on the floor and threw my jacket on top of it. I went to the bedroom and found Devon watching TV.

"Wanna get lunch?" I stood in the doorway.

She shook her head and stood up. She kissed my cheek and started to play with the buttons on my shirt.

"How about that alone time now?" she said in a low voice.

I gulped. "Okay." I said, my voice cracking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapterrrrrrr eighteennnn. well I suppose the story's almost over. Maybe about 23-24 chapters will be the end. It's just about March in the story, so the playoffs are coming in the next few chapters, and I'm gonna have a cliff hanger in the last chapterrrrr.

That's all i'm gonna say. So yeah. Love you guys!

Comment?