Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Devon

"Welcome to the Western Conference Quarterfinals between the first place Chicago Blackhawks and the eighth place Minnesota Wild!"

I stood in the crowd in front of the United Center, with the thousands with Blackhawks fans walking in. Most of them recognized me and said hi.

Jonathan insisted that I come two hours before the game like he normally did, but I wasn't up to it. I wanted to know what it felt like to be an actual fan. So, I came half an hour before and walked in with the other fans.

I noticed a lot of Wild jerseys scattered throughout the crowd.

This was going to be fun.

Image

I sat right beside the bench, with a family of 5 on the other side of me. The kids were bursting with excitement when the puck dropped.

I noticed Ray look over his shoulder on the bench and wink at me. I rolled my eyes and then nearly jumped out of my seat when Duncan smashed Zach Parise against the glass right in front of me.

As Sharpie skated down towards the other end, Duncan looked over at me and nodded. He knew I didn't like Parise all that much.

I wasn't even paying attention when Sharpie scored a goal. I stood and cheered.

When he passed to high five everyone he smirked at me.

The rest of the period went scoreless.

I left the stands during the 1st intermission and went down to the locker room.

"DEVONNN!" they all yelled as I entered.

"Hi," I said.

Everyone went back to their conversations. "Nice goal, Sharpie." I said, passing him.

He grunted in response and I walked over to Jon's stall. "Hey," I said sitting.

"Hey." he said back.

"HEY DEVON. DID YOU LIKE THAT HIT ON PARISE?" Duncan screamed across the room.

I smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, one them slashed down on my wrist and the refs missed it."

"Does it hurt?"

"No, not as much as it did. I got it taped up, but that's really all I can do."

"Okay. Well, I'm gonna go back to my seat." I said standing.

He nodded and kissed me. "Score a goal for me." I whispered.

"I will."

I left the room and walked slowly back to my seat. Just as I got there the period started.

The 2nd went slow. It was rough, a lot of penalties. Only one goal was scored and it was scored by Viktor, putting the Hawks up 2-0. I could hear him scream from where I sat.

With about 6 minutes left in the period, I noticed that Justin Falk was bothering Jon. Every few seconds they would turn and say something to each other.

After a whistle, they were saying stuff to each other and Falk looked over at me. He smirked and waved. Jonathan looked over in my direction and I nodded at him.

"Hit him." I whispered.

Jonathan looked back at Falk and threw his fist at his face. The crowd roared and got on their feet.

I love Jonathan, and I knew he was "defending my honor," but Falk had 3 or 4 inches on him.

And that didn't stop him from bringing Falk to the ice.

The refs grabbed him by his jersey and just about threw him in the penalty box. Falk went to the locker room.

Pat skated over to the ref and told him something. The ref went over to Jon who was sitting in the box and yelled something at him. Jonathan skated across the ice, making the crowd get louder, and he went down the tunnel to the locker room.

I got up as the game started back up again and ran towards the locker room. I found Jonathan with his jersey off and he was wincing as he ripped the medical tape off his wrist.

"Let me do it." I said.

He looked up at me, wanting to protest, but let me. We sat in silence for a few seconds, before he said, "If you hadn't nodded, I would've told him to fuck off and gone on with the game."

I nodded, just listening. I threw the old tape in the garbage and began to wrap more around his wrist.

"When he waved, I was confused and then I remembered you were sitting over there and I wanted to kick him in the balls."

I laughed softly as the team began to file into the room.

"Nice fight, Jonny Boy." Uncle Joel said, slapping his back.

"Hey, D." he said to me.

"Hi, Uncle Joel." I smiled.

I looked back at Jon, he was putting his jersey back on. "Go back to your seat. Or maybe you should go up to the box, with Abby and Lennox."

"Yeah, maybe I will." I said.

"I'm gonna score a goal. Whether it's an actual goal or an empty-netter, you're getting a goal scored for you." he said softly.

I smiled. I turned on my heel and walked. As the door closed behind me, one of them yelled, "What? No kiss for good luck?!"

I luckily remembered the way up to the box, and opened the door. This box usually was just filled with 2 or 3 girls, but today it was filled with almost every WAG. I looked around and found Abby.

I went over and sat in the empty seat next to her. "Devon!" she yelled with a smile.

"Hey,"

"Where have you been?" she asked.

"Behind the glass, all the way in the front." I said.

"I never liked those seats. The guys are always being smashed right into your faces."

"Yeah, Duncan did it to Parise right in front of me." I said.

"Well, how about Jon's fight? What was that about?"

"Um, Falk said something about me." She nodded.

The puck dropped for the third period and the Wild came flying.

The Blackhawks took a timeout after two icings in a row, and I turned to Abby. "Where's Lennox?"

She grinned and leaned in. "Don't say anything, but she told me she might be pregnant."

My jaw dropped and Abby nodded. "She said she'd call me after the game to tell me."

"Is she at the doctor now or something?"

"I guess. I don't think she wants to be pregnant now. Especially since the wedding is in 3 months." Abby explained.

"I can't believe she didn't tell me." I said.

"Maybe she wanted to talk to me because Patrick and I have a baby, you know...experience."

"Yeah, may-" I was cut off by the crowd jumping up and screaming at the top of their lungs.

I looked at the ice. The Blackhawks were celebrating their 3rd goal. They replayed the goal and the scorers reaction.

Jon.

I laughed. I stood up and sang Chelsea Dagger with the crowd. After high-fiving the guys on the bench and Corey, he looked up towards the box, trying to spot me.

He finally did and sent a heart-stopping smile my way.

The game ended 3-0. And I came back to the apartment to a very happy boyfriend and Blackhawks team.

Image

I stood in the kitchen with Jon, it was late. Really late.

"It's almost 4," I said.

Jon just continued to stare at me. "You know," he said. "Sometime I'm glad you don't remember most of our relationship."

I smiled. "Why? So I don't remember all the bad times?" I asked, teasingly.

He shook his head. "No, it gives me a reason to fall in love with you all over again."

I bit my lip. "You're drunk. Let's go to bed." I said softly.

I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him. "Come on," I said laughing.

He pulled me into him. "You go on, I'm gonna watch TV out here for a bit."

"But-"

"Go. I'll come to bed later and we can sleep in, I don't have practice until 3." he said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive," he said, leaning down to kiss me.

"Okay...goodnight." I said.

"Night, Dev." he said.

I went into the bedroom and closed the door. I put my ear against the door. He turned the TV on and I heard the couch squeak quietly from him plopping his big ass on it.

I changed into a pair of sweats and a baggy shirt. Then I grabbed a blanket off the end of the bed, quietly opened the door, and walked down the hallway.

Jon's feet were hanging off the end of the couch and I heard his snores. I walked over and turned the TV off, then I layed next to him, making him stir in his sleep.

"Go to bed." he muttered.

"Only if you come," I whispered.

"No."

"Then you're stuck with being squished on the couch with me."

I draped the blanket over us and he turned onto his side, trying to give me more room.

I snuggled into him, grasping his T-shirt tight in my hands.

"I love you." I said into darkness.

He was already asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
ello, readers. how's it going?

I wanted to update today because I felt like last night's update (Chapter 18) was crap. I feel pretty good about this one, but you guys will have to comment and tell me ;)

Um, so since we're in the playoffs, every series will will be two chapters, the first game is one chapter, and the last game is the 2nd chapter.

And remember! The stories almost over! So don't forget to subscribe to the sequel!