Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Devon

November 10th, 2012; 10 days later

"They said a week," Jon said.

"They said about a week or so, Jonathan." Sharpie said.

"It's been 10 days,"

"That's about a week or so," Sharpie said.


I blinked my eyes a few times, trying to get used to the bright light. When I finally got my eyes fully open, I noticed that my room was filled with muscular men. One of them saw me awake and smiled. He nudged the blond haired boy next to him, who nudged a handsome, tall dark haired boy.

"Look who's awake." a higher pitched voice said.

I looked over to my right and saw a light haired women with a smile on her face. Then, a doctor walked in with a clipboard.

"Nice to see you awake, Devon. Do you know what day it is?" she asked.

"No," I croaked.

"Do you know what season we're in?"

"Um," I looked out the window. "Autumn?"

The doctor chuckled. "I meant without the outsides help," she wrote something down on her clipboard. "Do you know who any of these people are?"

I looked around the room. No one looked familar. My eyes landed on the tall, handsome dark haired boy. He smiled, probably hoping I remembered him. I looked at the blond haired boy. And then at the boy that had noticed me first. "Brent," I said.

"You remember be?" he asked.

I nodded. "Anyone else?"

"The name Corey keeps ringing through my head. Is there anyone named Corey?" I asked.

"Corey's not here right this second, but yes. There's a Corey." the women next to me said.

"Devon, do you know what state you live in?" the doctor asked.

I shook my head. "City?" I shook my head once again.

"You're in Chicago, Illinois." the blond haired boy said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm sorry, but... what're you're names?"

"I'm Patrick Kane. You used to call me Kaner or Pat." the blond haired one said.

"I'm Patrick Sharp," the older dark haired one said. "And the women next to you is my wife, Abby."

I smiled at them and then looked at the tall, handsome dark haired boy. "And you?" He looked up at me. "I'm Jonathan Toews. Your boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" I asked.

"For two, very long and enduring years." he said with a smile upon his face.

I looked at the doctor. "When can I leave?"

She chuckled. "As soon as we finish a few tests. And figure out who's taking you home."

The doctor left the room. "Who is taking her home?" Abby asked.

"Jon, obviously." Pat said.

"What if I don't want him to take me home?" I said.

Everyone looked at me. "He is your home, Devon," Abby said.

"But I don't remember any of you. I don't trust any of you." I said firmly.

"You remember Brent. And Corey." Abby said.

"Exactly. Let me stay with Brent." I said.

Image

"I don't understand why you're so upset about this, Jon," Sharpie said.

"Because my girlfriend remembers one of my friends, but not me." he said, running a hand through his hair.

"Stop making this a bad thing," Abby said.

"How do you expect me to make a good thing out of this?" he said harshly.

"Start everything over." Abby said.

"What?"

"Start everything over. The whole relasionship. If made any mistakes in past two years, don't make them now." Abby explained.

Jonathan sighed and watched as Devon walked out of the hospital room, dressed in the clothes he'd brought. Brent had his arm around her waist and it made his blood boil. He whispered something in her ear and she looked at Jonathan.

Image

Brent led me out of my hospital room with his arm around my waist. I had changed into the clothes my 'boyfriend' brought here.

Brent leant down by my ear and whispered, "Go give Jon a hug." I looked over at Jonathan.

"Can't I just say goodbye. It'll be awkward if I hug him." he nodded.

I walked away from Brent and went over to Jonathan, who had his back turned to me. H ewas looking at his phone and I noticed this muscles through his shirt. I looked down his back and ended up staring at his ass, which made me blush. I shook my head, making my hair fall out of its bun. "Um, Jonathan?"

He turned around and smiled softly. "Hi,"

"Just wanted to say goodbye." I said.

"I'm going over to Brent's. There's really no reason to say goodbye. We'll see each other in about 10 minutes."

"Is anyone else going? I don't think I can handle a big group. I still have a massive headache." I said looking at my hair.

He smiled. "No, it'll just be you, me, Brent, and Kaner."

I nodded. "Okay. Well...I'll see you later then." I smiled at him and walked back over to Brent. As Brent and I walked down the hallwasy, I looked back at Jonathan. He was staring at me and he blushed when I caught him.

Image

I sat on Brent's couch with my knees up to my chin. Brent had ordered from a chinese place a few minutes ago because he said it was my favorite place to eat in Chicago. I rubbed my temples to try and make the headache go away, but that didn't seem to help.

"Hey, Devon? I'm gonna take a quick shower. Tazer and Kaner will be here any minute." Brent said.

"Okay. Hey B-" he closed the door to his room. "Do you have any aspirin?" I whispered.

"LOOK. WE MET THE CHINESE DELIVERY GUY IN THE LOBBY." I whipped my heard around and saw Patrick and Jonathan walk in.

"Could you get any louder? I don't think China heard you." I said.

He threw his hands up in defeat. "Sorry, D."

"Do you guys know if Brent has any advil or tylenol? My head is pounding." I asked.

"No. You'll just have to suffer, babe." Patrick said with a sarcastic shrug.

I huffed and grabbed the bag out of his hand. He threw his head back and looked me up and down. Then he threw his hands up in defeat. I smiled and carried the bag into Brent's kitchen. I dropped it on the table and then started to look through Brent's cabinets, hoping I would find one with medicine in it.

"Ahem," I turned around.

"Yes?"

"It's in my bathroom," Brent said.

I nodded and then walked down the hallways and into his room. His room was plain. Beige walls and wooden floors. It smelt like perfume. I wrinkled my nose and opened his medicine cabinet. I found a huge bottle of Advil on the top shelf. I swallowed two pills and then walked back out into the kitchen, where the three boys had already starting shoving chinese in their mouths.

I sat down next to Jonathan, looked at Brent, and said, "Your room smells like perfume."

Patrick laughed and Brent blushed. "Care to explain why your room smells like roses, Seabs?" Jonathan asked with a smirk upon his face.

Patrick laughed again. "Seabs gets around." Brent laughed and nodded.

I looked at all three of them as they laughed. I looked back over at Brent, who pushed my food in front of me. "So," I started. "Does that indicate that you're a man whore?"

Patrick laughed even harder now. "Yes, Dev. It indicates I'm a man whore." He winked at me.

I saw Jonathan stiffened up a little out of the corner of my eye. "Will I be getting much sleep when you're in your man whore stage?"

"Probably not. It depends on if the girl I bring home is a scre-" "Nevermind. I don't want to know."

"Don't worry, Devon. You'll get used to these kind of conversations in a few days. We have them a lot. And every once in a while, they used to be about you." Patrick said, smirking at Jon.

My eyes widened. I looked over at Jonathan. He chuckled nerously. "He's joking, ba-Dev."

"No he's not." Brent mumbled.

Jonathan glared at Brent. And if looks could kill, Brent would've died a painful death. After a few minutes of an awkward silence, I looked over at Jonathan and asked, "Does that mean we've had sex?"

Brent choked on his beer and spit some out. Jonathan blushed. "Oh, yeah, Dev. You two have had sex." Patrick said with a smirk on his face.

"How about you ask Tazer if it was good?" Pat said.

"I'm eating. let's not ask that." Brent said.

"But you'll talk about how girls you bring home are loud." I said.

"That's different."

"No it's not."

"Look, Devon. If you wanna know the things you don't remember about your relasionship with Jon, ask on your own time. Not while I'm eating dinner." he hissed at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows and frowned at Brent. I grabbed my plate and went down the hall and into my room.

"Nice, Brent. You pissed her off." Jon said.

"Well, I'm trying to eat. Not listen to you talk about your sex life." Brent said.

"That was a pretty funny conversation, if I must say so myself." Pat said out of nowhere.

"Go home, Kaner."

"Nah, I think I'm gonna go talk to Dev. She seemed upset." he said rising to his feet.

"No. I will. She's my girlfriend." Jon said.

"She seems a bit uncomfortable around you, Toews."

"And me staying away from her isn't going to make her any more comfortable." Jon said, leaving the kitchen.

Image

Knock, knock. I looked over at my door and huffed. I got up of the bed and opened the door slightly. "Hi," Jonathan said, rubbing the back of his neck. I opened the door more and let him in. I sat back down and looked at the tv.

"He didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Devon."

I shrugged. "That's not why I left the table. I felt uncomfortable around all of you."

"I can imagine. You did ask if we have sex." I chuckled and rolled my head in his direction.

"Wanna do me a favor?" I asked.

"Sure. What is it?" he asked.

"Sit down and tell me everything I don't remember."

"I've only known you for three years. So that's kind of tough to do," he said in a low voice.

"Then tell me about us." he looked up at me.

"There's a lot to know."

I looked over at the cable box. "I've got all night."
♠ ♠ ♠
i think i'm gonna start writing the next chapter as soon as i press the submit button. yeah. because if i don't start tonight, i'll forget every idea i had for chapter three.

anyways, i'm glad you guys like it so far!

comment&sub