Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Devon

I walked into the kitchen, yawning and rubbing my still upset stomach. "Morning, ma chere." Corey said.

I smiled at him at first, but then asked, "What're you doing here?"

Corey put his hand to his heart. “I'm not allowed to come see my favorite girl without being questioned? You wound me, Devon, you really do."

Jonathan scoffed as he flipped through the newspaper.

I patted Corey's shoulder and walked over to the refrigerator. I stared at the contents and then closed the door. "Jon..." I said, trailing off and going to his side.

"Yes...?" he asked looking at me.

“Can you do me a favor?" He stood up straight and crossed his arms over his chest. "Can you go to Burger King and get me a whooper?"

"You hate Burger King." he said.

"Well I don't right this second!" he narrowed his eyes at me. "Please, please, PLEASE! Before you go to practice?"

He sighed. "Fine. But if I go, you have to promise to go Game 1 and 2 of our series against the Kings."

I stared into his eyes for a minute, wondering if the food I was craving was worth having to sit through a Blackhawks-Kings playoff series.

I put out my hand. "Deal." Jon was about to take my hand, but he pulled back at the last second. A smirk lay on his lips.

"What?" I asked, getting impatient.

"If don't hold up your end of the deal and not come to every game, you have to do something for me." he said.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "You have to write a love song about me."

I opened my mouth to protest, but then I thought about it. I needed to write more songs. But Jon didn't want me to start writing songs because I needed to. He wanted me to because a love song would boost his ego more than it needed to be.

"Fine." I mumbled, putting my hand back out in front of me.

He grabbed it, pulled me into his chest and kissed me.

"Get a room." Corey said.

"You're in my apartment, douchebag." Jonathan said, looking over my shoulder.

Corey smiled sheepishly and winked at me when I made eye contact with him.

"Now go get me food." I said, pushing his shoulder.

"I'm going, jeez. Come on, Corey."

Corey stood up and kissed my cheek. "Adieu, ma belle."

"Get a room," Jon mocked, pushing Corey towards the door.

I rolled my eyes. "Hurry up. I get hungrier every second."

Jon turned before leaving. "Kaner might stop by in a little, so be prepared."

I nodded."Goodbye, boys."

Image

I opened the front to see Kaner with a seductive grin on his face. "Hello, Devon."

I rolled my eyes and let him in. "Why aren't you at practice, Pat?"

"I got a Get-Out-of-Practice free card after I made a bet with coach." Pat shrugged.

"Ok...what can I help you with?"

"I'm lonely and so are y-- holy shit is that Burger King?"

I smiled. "Yeah, I was craving it and convinced Jon to go get me some."

Pat shoved a handful of french fries in his mouth. "Craving?" I nodded. "I thought only pregnant girls crave food."

I shrugged and he stayed silence for minute. "HOLY SHIT, DEVON. ARE YOU PREGNANT?" he screamed.

"No, I'm not, you idiot." I said. "I think I'd know."

"Oh, okay." he seemed disappointed. "But if you were...You and Jon would make me godfather, right?"

I shook my head. "Shut up."

Patrick dropped the subject. "So you're coming to the game tomorrow, right?"

I nodded. "I have to, Jon said I have to."

"Good. Can you wear my jersey tomorrow?" he asked in a whiney voice.

"We'll see." I said smiling.

Image

"Welcome to the Western Conference Semifinals!"

I hadn't come with Jon to the game, considering he wanted to go about two hours early.

So I came by myself...5 minutes before the puck was dropped.

I walked quickly to my seat, behind Corey. Abby was there, looking around. She saw me and smiled.

"There you are! Jon was glaring at me and it's making me uncomfortable."

I looked at towards center ice to see Jon standing next to Kaner. Pat looked over in my direction, saying something to Jonathan. Jon looked over and smiled.

"He was so worried." Abby said.

"He worries too much." I said.

"They don't call him Captain Serious for nothing, sweetheart." I laughed.

I sat back in my seat as the puck was dropped. The Kings won the faceoff, skated into our zone and bombarded Corey with shots.

After one save, Jon shoved Mike Richards away from Crow. Richards didn't like that.

Everyone grabbed hold of someone, but the refs came to Jonathan and Richards, who wouldn't stop talking at each other.

Abby began to bang her small hands against the glass, another reason why Patrick wanted her up in the box.

After a few moments, everyone dispersed and went to their respective benches. Richards was still pissed off and I could tell by the look of it, even Kaner was ready to shut him up.

Dustin Penner skated up next to our rookie, Brandon Saad, and started to bump him a little with his shoulder. It wasn't that hard to read Penner's lips. Hey, kid. Wanna go? Wanna fight? Come on, rookie.

As the ref dropped the puck, I saw Brandon nodd. Penner threw off his gloves and Brandon skated away. I saw him chuckling, and the crowd roared. Penner skated to the box, shaking his head.

The team began to set up on the power play, losing the puck multiple times and letting the Kings clear it down the ice. The penalty to Penner ended and he skated to the bench quickly.

The Kings spent a few minutes in our zone, until Kaner broke his stick, skating to the bench for a new one, he stood at center ice, taping his stick and yelling for a pass.

Duncan noticed him, and instantly took the puck from Jarret Stoll. He passed it down the ice, and Pat went after it.

Quick came out to challenge him.

But he lost.

Pat scored and every fan jumped up, including Abby and I. Kaner pointed at Duncan and smiled.

The period ended with the hawks up 1-0. And so did the game.

Image

"Why aren't you i. the corner making out with some ugly puck bunny?" I asked Pat over the loud music.

He continued to stare in one direction. "Pat."

"Kaner." I said.

I kicked his ankle and he hissed in pain. "What was that for?" he yelled.

“Who are you looking at?" I asked, following his eyes.

He didn't answer. He didn't need to. My eyes landed on his distraction.

It was Camille.

I smirked. "Really?“

“Listen, okay. Her ass looks great in that dress she's wearing." he said.

"Gross." I mouthed.

"I can't tell if I want to fuck her with the dress on or with it off."

"Okay, bye." I said, making him laugh.

I left Kaner to his day dreams about Corey's little sister and went to find Captain Serious.

He was sitting on the couch with Sharpie, Corey, and Brandon. Corey said hi to me as I sat between him and Jon.

"Might wanna keep an eye on Camille." I said to him.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?"

"Kaner's getting a serious boner just from her dress.“

He stood up. "If you'll excuse me, it's time for my sister to go home before Pat rapes her.“

The boys laughed as Corey walked away. Jon pushed my hair out of my face and kissed the corner of my mouth. “Love you," he mumbled.

I looked at him and smiled. He continued to stare at me. “What? Stop looking at me like that.“

"Yeah, Jon. Stop looking at her like that." Brandon said, grinning.

"Shut up."

I chuckled and Brandon winked at me.

The group of us stayed quiet for a little bit. Sharpie looked around the room, taking it in, I guess.

Then he smiled. "When are you two gonna get an actual house?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter sucked. It was just a filler. To be honest, the last few chapters have been.

I told you guys that every playoff series is gonna be worth two chapters, so that would mean bringing them to the Finals is worth about five more chapters?

I love this story but, damn, I just want to start the sequel so bad, haha.

The last chapter of the story is honestly gonna be the best one. So the next three or four chapters are gonna be boring in filler-ish. Just a heads up.

Sorry I've been taking long to update, I was having a mean writer's block.

Anyways, if you haven't subscribed to the sequel make sure you do it soon!

Comments are sooooo appreciated! And I'd love a couple before the next update!

-S