Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Jonathan

"LET'S GO!" An almost drunk Kaner yelled.

Devon stopped leaning against the arm of the chair and I kept my hand on the small of her back as we walked to the elevator. When we were in the elevator, I dropped my hand from her back and slid my hand into hers. SHe looked up at me, but I had my head turned. "No drinking for you in the resturant," I said to Kaner.

"Why not? Who are you? My father?" he slurred.

"No. And thank God I'm not." I mumbled.

I heard Devon sigh and wrap both her arms around mine. I finally looked down at her, but she looked down at her heels when I did. I saw Lennox nudge her with her elbow and grin at her. On the way out to the car, Devon stopped holding onto my arm and crossed her arms.

Her and Patrick followed me out to my car and before Devon could get in the passenger seat, Kaner pushed her aside and sat down.

"Kaner," I hissed.

"WHAT?" he said.

"Get out." I whispered.

"No," he said back.

Devon walked around the car and opened the back door. "It's fine. I'll sit in the back," I heard her mumble.

I scowled at Patrick. Brandon and Lennox walked by and I grabbed Brandon's arm. "Hey!' he said.

"Take Kaner." I mumbled.

"Hell no," he said. "What's the problem?"

"Fucking made Devon sit in the back."

"Scream at him. Devon can drive with us." Brandon said with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, let her drive with us." Lennox said with a smile on her face.

"I guess," I murmured.

Devon got out of the back seat. She looked freezing cold. I felt bad now. Kaner had fucking made her go sit in the back seat and now she couldn't ever ride with me. She looked at me and my eyes soften. She walked away with Lennox, but Brandon was still standing next to me.

"Don't worry, Jonny. You can sit next to her when we 're at dinner." He said.

"I wanted to sit next to her in the car, but someone decided to ruin that." I said glaring at Patrick.

"Can we go? I'm hungry." Patrick said, not paying attention to word I'd just said.

"Hey, Kaner?" Brandon said.

"Yeah?" Kaner said.

"You're a fucking douchebag. No wonder you can't get a girlfriend."

I laughed. "SCREW YOU." Kaner yelled.

"Sorry, Pat. You know I've got Len, and she's the jealous type..." Brandon said going back to Lennox and Devon.

"What a douchebag," Kaner mumbled as I started the car.

"You're the douchebag. You literally pushed Devon out of the way and made her sit in the back."

"Hey, she never said she wanted shotgun." he said in an extremely drunk tone.

"Don't do it again." I said firmly.

"Or what?"

"I'll kick your ass."

Image

When we got to the restaruant in downtown Chicago, Sharpie, Abby, Niklas and his fiance, and Viktor were already waiting for us. I saw Devon laughing at something Brandon had said. She kept crossing her arms over her chest, obviously a sign that the cold November winds were getting to her. And of course, I didn't have a jacket to put around her shoulders like I used to do when we first starting going out.

"Let's go," Sharpie said holding Abby's hand as they walked inside.

"Name?" the girl asked.

"Uh, we're reserved under Blackhawks." Sharpie said.

"Okay, right this way." she said grabbing 13 menus.

We followed the girl to a private patio with a long table. "Nice choice, Sharp," Duncan said nodding.

"Don't get too excited and pee yourself, Dunc." Sharpie teased.

I went to go sit next to Devon, but Lennox and Abby sat on both her sides. I sighed and sat down next to Brandon and Corey, but across from Devon. A waitor came over to ask for our drink orders.

"You have beer, right?" Brandon asked.

The waitor chuckled. "Of course,"

"Okay. We'll take 7 of your best beer, some red wine for the ladies, and uh, Kaner'll have a soda." Brandon said making everyone laugh at Kaner. The waitor nodded and walked away.

"Hey. Why does everyone else get alcohol?" Kaner pouted.

"Because you've had your fair share. If you're good, maybe we'll order you a beer." Sharpie said.

"Can I still get drunk at the club?" Kaner asked.

"Knock yourself, kid." Duncan said, smacking his back.

I looked across the table at Devon and heard Abby ask, "Devon, where'd you get that ring?"

"Uh, it was on my finger when I woke up in the hospital," she said.

"Jon got that for you," Lennox said. "Right, Jon?"

I tried to pretend I wasn't listening but it was no use. "Uh, yeah. For your birthday last year." I said, shifting in my chair.

"It's pretty," Devon said with a smile.

I smiled back. "Get a room," Kaner said outloud.

Everyone looked over at him. "At least he has someone to get a room with," Brent said.

"I don't need a girlfriend. There are plenty of beautiful blond hair, blue eyed puck bunnies in the world for me."

"Beautiful? More like fake." Niklas's fiance, Amanda said.

"Weren't you a puck bunny when Nik met you?" Kaner asked Amanda harshly.

"Kaner, watch it." Nik said glaring at him.

"I'm just saying." Pat held up his hands.

"I need to use the bathroom," Amanda said getting up.

"Fuck you, Kane." Niklas said following her.

Everyone turned their heads back to Patrick. "You really a prick, Pat," Patrick shrugged. The waitor came and placed everyone's drink in front of them.

Image

When everyone was done eating, we sat there for a while, everyone just talking. When Pat was almost done with his dinner, Sharpie ordered him a beer, like he said he would. Devon had 4 glasses of wine, which actually didn't seem to affect her one bit. I had two beers, knowing I would have to drive.

"So, uh, should we maybe, drive our cars home and then take a cab to this club?" Brent asked.

"If you plan on drinking a lot." Corey said.

"Then I'm driving my car home." Brent said going over to his car.

I saw Devon start walking over to Brent. "Devonnnnnn! Where are you going?" Duncan yelled.

She turned, hugging her body. "I'm gonna go back to Brent's apartment. I don't want to go to a club."

"Party pooper!" Kaner yelled making me punch his stomach.

She got into Brent's car and left with him. "So, are you going over to Brent's apartment?" Sharpie asked.

"Yep," I said walking over to my truck.

"CAN I COME?" Viktor yelled.

"...No," I said.

"Did he just consider it? He was considering. OH MY GOD, JONNY. YOU WERE CONSIDERING IT." Viktor said sarcastically.

When I got to Brent's apartment building, Brent was pulling out. He rolled down his window. "I thought you'd be coming." he said with his eyes squinted.

I shrugged. "I didn't want to le-"

"Liar. You're having sex withdrawels, so you have to be near her to calm yourself down." he said.

I closed my window without answering. He honked his horn and I watched his car disappear from the parking lot. I parked my car and got out. I sighed, went up to Brent's apartment, and knocked.

After a few minutes, she didn't answer so I figured I would go to the club. Maybe she just fell asleep. I walked down the hallway. "Jon?" I turned and Devon was sticking her head out of the door. I smiled. She waved her hand, indicating for me to come inside. I closed the door behind me. She sat on the couch, eating ice cream. I looked at her pajamas.

"What?" she asked.

I shook my head. "You never were one to match your clothing."

She scowled. "I'm plan to go to sleep in this. I don't think anyone really cares."

I held my hands up in defeat and sat down next to her. "Ice cream?" she offered. I shook my head. She changed the channel to NHL Network, and a game between the Flyers and Penguins was on. A close up of Claude Giroux came on.

"WOAH. HE'S CUTE." Devon said.

"Ew." I shook my head. "Ew. No. Never say that again. Ew. God. No. Just...Ew." I said.

"He is, though." she mouthed.

"I don't care. The Flyers are our rivals. You can't like them."

Now a close up of Sidney Crosby came one. "Can I like him?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Knock yourself out. He's a good friend of mine." I said.

"Really? How?" she asked.

'We met in high school. And we were on Team Canada in 2010 when we won the gold metal." I said.

"You're Canadian?" I nodded. "What part?"

"Winnipeg."

"Am I Canadian?" she asked.

I chuckled. "No. You are from Long Island." She stared at me. "New York." She nodded.

"Have you met my family?" she asked.

I nodded. "Multiple times. When we play the Islanders. We've gone out to dinner together." I said.

"Have I met your parents?"

"When we won the Cup. When we play Winnipeg. And you came to Winnipeg with me last summer." I said.

She nodded. "Interesting." She put the ice cream down. We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, then she looked at me. She was biting her lip. I burst out laughing, making her do the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter 5. der ya go, lovelys. keep the comments comin'. I love it.

comment&sub?