Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Devon

Decemeber 18th, 2012

I was sitting in Jon's apartment, like he'd asked me to. Well, he'd actually ased me just to meet him here. But I texted Pat and he told me where Jonathan left the spare key. It was 11:30 on a freezy cold Decemeber day, so I'd even ordered some chinese. It had already come a few minutes ago and I had $70 dollars on me from the bet I won over Kaner that the Devils would beat the Rangers last night. And they did, 5-0.

I hadn't even had the energy to dress like I was going out somewhere. I just threw on an outfit and took a cab to Jon's place. I didn't even really match I heard the door squeak open and in came Jon. He grinned and said, "You found the spare key."

"Look at you. Ordering food all by yourself." he said, dropping his equipment bag near the door.

"There's no need for sarcasm. Now I'm not going to get you a beer." I said softly.

He sat down next to me and pouted his lip. "No. You're plenty capable of getting it yourself."

"But, coach made us do suicides and I'm exhausted." he said.

"Psh," I said crossing my arms. "I have chinese to eat."

"How did you pay for this?" he asked getting up and going into the kitchen.

"I won $70 bucks." I said.

"From what?"

"Pat and I made a bet. He said the Rangers would win and I said the Devils would win. And the Devils won." I said with a smile.

"You're an Islanders fan. Just so you know." he said sitting next to me on the floor.

"I know." I said softly. "Sharpie told me."

"But you like Martin Brodeur and Adam Henrique. They're on the Devils." he told me.

"So am I a Devils fan or...?" I asked.

"You have a soft spot for them. But if they're playing the Islanders or us, you hate them."

I nodded and ate some of my food. "You're birthday is in 4 days..." he said. My eyes widened and I looked over at him. "You'll be 22"

"OH MY GOD. I'M OLD." I said.

He laughed at me. "You're old? I'm 24!"

"That's not old. Besides," I lifted up his t-shirt. "You don't look old!"

"If 24 isn't old, Devon. Then, neither is 22." he whispered.

I tilted my head, making him furrow his eyebrows. I just wanted to stare at his face all day. Mostly his eyes. His chocolate brown eyes, that I could melt into. Jonathan face flushed and he smiled shyly. I still continued to stare, but then someone knocked on the door, making me look down and then over at the door.

"I'll get it," I said.

When I opened the door, an older couple, around their late 50s, were standing there smiling. "Devon," the woman said hugging me. I stood awkwardly. I heard Jonathan get up and stand behind me. I could feel his body heat.

"Mr and Mrs. Krouse," he said, sensing my confusion.

"Jonathan, how many times must we tell you, call us by our first names," my mother said.

My parents walked into the apartment and I stood there. I turned around and Jonathan was still standing there. I looked up at him, "Why are they here?" I whispered.

"They don't know you staying with Brent." he said.

"Do they know about the accident?"

"Of course they do. They were one of the first people I called." I glared at him. "So, you're probably going to have to stay here for the next few days...?"

I closed the door and walked back inside.

Image

My parents only came by to tell us they were staying in a hotel a few blocks away and that they wanted us to go out to breakfast with them tomorrow. It had been a few minutes since they left and Jonathan and I were sitting in an uncomfortable silence.

"I'm gonna go back to Brent's..." I said.

"Wait, I have something of yours," he said going down the hallway and into one of the rooms. He came back out with a guitar in his hands. "It's yours. You used to use it when you were mad at me. And I'm kind of sensing that you're pissed right now."

"I'm not mad at you. I just feel uncomfortable." I said grabbing the guitar from him.

"I feel like you're mad at me," he said walking along side me.

I went for the doorknob but he put his hand against the door, keeping it closed. "What're you doing?" I asked softly.

"I want to talk to you." he said.

"I want to go back to Brent's," I kept my face turned from him. I could feel his breath on my face and neck. I felt really uncomfortable now, so I put my hand on Jonathan's chest and pushed him away from me. Then, I opened the door and just left.

When I was leaving the apartment building, Pat, Sharpie, and Duncan were walking in. "Hey, Dev." Duncan said.

"Can one of you drive me back to Brent's? Please." I said.

"I will." Sharpie volunteered.

Image

"Thanks, Sharpie," I mumbled.

"What happened? Back at Tazer's." he asked.

"Nothing. Just a disagreement, that's all. I'll see you later at the game." I said with a fake smile.

I got out of the car with the guitar in my hand. I waved to Sharpie and went inside and up to Brent's apartment. He wasn't home, probably was hanging out with Viktor and Nik. I sat on the couch with the guitar in my lap.

How was I going to play this? I didn't rememeber how. Maybe it would come to me? And I would just remember how? I'd listened to all my songs. Every single on of them. I memorized all the lyrics and beats. But I couldn't remember how to play the guitar or piano.

"Sometimes you think you'll be fine by yourself
'Cause a dream is a wish that you make all alone
It's easy to feel like you don't need help
But it's harder to walk on your own

You'll change inside when you realize
The world comes to life and everything's bright
From beginning to end when you have a friend by your side
That helps you to find the beauty you are
When you open your heart and believe in the gift of a friend
The gift of a friend

Someone who knows when you're lost and you're scared
And they're through the highs and the lows
Someone you can count on, someone who cares
Beside you wherever you'll go

You'll change inside when you realize

The world comes to life and everything's right
From beginning to end when you have a friend by your side
That helps you to find the beauty you are
When you open your heart and believe in the gift of a friend

And when your hope crashes down
Shattering to the ground you, you feel all alone
When you don't know which way to go
And there's no signs leading you home, you're not alone

The world comes to life and everything's bright
From beginning to end when you have a friend by your side
That helps you to find the beauty you are
When you open your heart and believe in
When you believe in, when you believe in the gift of a friend."


"UGH." I goraned and fell back on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was short. kind of. yeah. actually. don't mind song lyrics when I put them in there. the're just there. sort of.

anyways, i have a question for you guys. i wanna write a new story, and i don't know who i should write about. so leave a player in your comments?

comment&sub?