Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Devon

I watched Jon sleep. He looked peaceful. His mouth was slightly open and he had his arms around my waist. I wonder if this was how we slept together before my accident.

I wanted to leave for Long Island today and get it over with. Jon didn't even want me to go at all, and I could understand why.

I looked around the room and my eyes landed on the closet door. I knew when I got out of the hospital that I didn't have all of my clothes at Brent's. I grinned and looked back down at Jon. He was still sleeping. I gently lifted his arm off me and slid out of the bed.

I opened the closet door and it was half empty with clothes. I noticed a few Blackhawks jerseys. Good. I need something to wear to the game. There was Toews jersey, a Kane jersey, a Seabrook jersey, and a Keith jersey.

I grabbed the Toews jersey and hung it over my shoulder. I closed the closet door quietly and looked back at Jon. Still sleeping.

"He wasn't joking when he said he was tired," I mumbled to myself.

I went down the hallway and into the kitchen. "Paper, paper, paper, paper..."

I ripped a piece of paper off of a notepad and grabbed the pen that was next to it.

Jon,

Went back to Brent's.
See you after the game.

Devon


Image

I sat in Brent's guestroom with papers and my guitar sitting around me. "What am I doing? I don't even know how to write a song."

I got up off the floor and looked at the clock. 7:02. "Holy shit, I need to get to the game."

I wasn't even dressed. I'd changed back into sweatpants when I got back here. I ran into the bathroom and changed.

"DEVON. WHERE ARE YOU?"

I laughed and walked out of the guestroom. "Hi, Lennox."

She grabbed my arm. "Game time, bitch,"

Lennox and I got to our seats when there was 7 minutes left in the period. We had front row seats, right behind Corey. The game was stopped for a tv commercial and Corey took a few circles around his net. We locked eyes and he grinned. He turned his head over towards Jon's direction, who was getting off the bench.

Jon looked at Corey and then at us. I blushed and looked at my lap. When I looked back up, Jon and Pat were leaning against the glass, obviously on purpose. Lennox whistled playfully at them and banged her fists against the glass.

Kaner and Jon skated back to the faceoff circle, but Pat looked back at us and winked. I rolled my eyes and the game went on.

The first period ended in a 1-1 tie, with a goal from Hossa and a goal from Pominville on Buffalo.

Lennox and I stayed in our seats for the intermission. "So, how are you and Tazer doing?" she asked.

I leaned back in my seat. "Well, I'm gonna go spend a week or so on Long Island, and then when I get back, we're going to try something."

She smiled. "Good. So, you guys aren't awkward anymore?"

I shrugged. "As of now, only in certain situations."

"Have you guys, like...kissed yet?" she asked.

"Maybe," I said with a smile on my face.

"You guys should do it tonight, so he's desperate for when you come back from Long Island."

I laughed and shook my head as the teams came back out for the second period.

Image

The game ended with the Blackhawks winning 6-5 in overtime. Lennox dragged me down to the locker room. Most of the guys were already leaving, so we just walked in.

"Hi guys," Lennox said to them all, before going over towards Brandon.

They all grunted in response and I felt arms wrap around my waist. At first, I figured it was Jon, but then I saw him walk out of the showers, so I looked over my shoulder. It was a very sweaty Patrick Kane.

I wiggled out of his grip. "Ew," I wrinkled my nose. "You're all sweaty."

He grinned. "You like it. Don't lie." he walked towards the shower backwards and winked at me playfully.

I shook my head. "Devon," Lennox said. I looked up to see her and Brandon near the locker room entrance. "We're gonna go,' she said.

I smiled. "Okay. Bye, Lennox."

"Bye, Devon," Brandon said with a grin on his face.

"Bye," I said, my smile becoming bigger.

"DEVON!" I jumped and saw Sharpie looking at me.

"Yes?"

"Come over with Jon tonight. Some of the other guys are coming, too." he said.

"Okay," I said. "Just no yelling my name anymore, jeez."

He laughed and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you later," he said before leaving.

This left Jonathan and I. He was pulling on his dress shirt and buttoning it. I looked down at his stomach, where he shirt was still parted.

When I looked back up, he had a grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and sat down at one of the boys stalls. "So, was it really necessiary to leave me all alone in my bed?" he asked putting his tie on.

"Dude, I told you I wasn't tired." I said.

He chuckled. "DOesn't mean you can't stay at my apartment until I woke up. We could've came here together."

"Does it matter?" I asked looking around the locker room.

"Yes," he mumbled.

I stood up and went to the entrance. I leaned against the door, keeping it open for him. He stopped in front of me, letting me go first.

"I need to change first. So we'll go back to my apartment." he said as we walked out into the cold, December air.

"Okay." I said, wrapping my arms around myself.

Image

Jonathan dropped his keys when we got into his apartment. I followed him into the bedroom, wanting to take off the jersey. He stared at me.

"I want to put the jersey back," I said.

He nodded and went into the bathroom. I opened the closet door and looked around until my eyes landed on all the cute clothes. "Fuck the jeans. New outift time."

I rummaged through the the whole closet and managed to find a new outfit to wear. All the clothes made me want to change my outfit every hour, if I could.

I had so many sweaters that were all too big on me and I had a lot of sweatpants. A lot of dresses, too. As my eyes roamed, I noticed a shirt that was out of place. It was a dress shirt; a men's dress shirt. I lent against the door frame.

"Jonathan?"

"Yeah?" he called from the bathroom.

"Is this yours?" I asked, haning the shirt from one finger.

He opened the door and looked at the shirt. He furrowed his eyebrows and then grinned. "Yeah, it is."

"Why's it in here then?"

"Because you tend to wear the shirts that you take off of me." he said with the same grin plastered on his face.

"You're disgusting," I said throwing it back in there.

"Hey, you're the onne wh just takes my shirts after s-" I held my hand up.

"Don't talk. Let's get going."

Image

When we got to Sharpie's, Lennox and Abby instantly pulled me into the kitchen, where they and other girls were.

"So, care to explain?" Abby said with her arms crossed.

I leaned in. "I'm sorry, about what?"

"You didn't tell me ou were leaving for Long Island!" she said.

"I just decided today," I said.

"Well, I was at the game. You could've told me then."

"I wasn't in the box, nor did I know how to get there."

She huffed. "Fine. You win. How did Jon take it?"

I shrugged. "He's fine about it, I guess."

"That's never good," Lennox mumbled shoving a chip into her mouth.

"Why's that?" I asked as Abby handed me a water bottle.

She shrugged. "If he hasn't explained to you how he feels about it, you're never going to find out. Jonathan bottles everything up inside. It's never going to come back out once it's in there." she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello my lovely readers. so before i say anything, just a heads up that i plan on changing the layout. lately it's come off as dull to me, so there'll (probably) be a new banner and new page color and new everything.

ON ANOTHER NOTE... let me answer hockeygirl11's question from a while ago. To put links in a story, you use bbcode. you put [url=]Link Name[/url]. And where the = is, put the page address after that. hope that helps, if not let me know.

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE... you guys are awesome :]

comment&sub?