Status: Slow updates. (Sorry guys)

You Like Me Just the Way I'm Not

Favors

Walking back home after leaving the restaurant, Jack and Belle's conversations fell silent. No one had hardly spoken a word to one another. Mostly because they weren't sure on what to say. Belle had never seen Jack so quiet. It was unusual for him not to be babbling on about all kinds of things. When she looked to the tall male, his eyes seemed to be glued to the ground. Belle instantly begun to feel bad as the guilty feeling set inside of her. She didn't want to cause problems between Jack and Alex's friendship.

As for Jack, he was feeling the opposite - pride. In a way, he was in the right and Alex was in the wrong. Alex had left Belle on her own while Jack took it as a chance to be responsible. He wasn't always acting so child like, there were times where he could be serious too. Alex obviously acted jealous, it was written all over his face during the meal and he wasn't normally the one to show his feelings, but Jack knew him the most. After all, they were best friends.

Jack glanced to the girl beside him and noticed the despair look on her face. The way she pulled her cardigan tighter around her body and how she pulled her sleeves over her hands to keep them warm. It was weird for him to become aware of what she was feeling. If Jack were good at many things, it were making others feel better. “You shouldn't feel unhappy Belle.” Jack said calmly, sliding both of his hands into his front Jean pockets. Belle drifted away from her thoughts and looked to Jack curiously.

“Pardon?”

“I said you shouldn't feel unhappy, don't get yourself down over Alex, I know what you're thinking and you aren't to blame.” he reassured her softly. “Alex can be a dick sometimes, but he doesn't mean to be, he's my best friend and I care a lot about him; it's just when he does stuff like this, either me, Rian or Zack has to be the ones to pick up the pieces when he fucks up you know?” Belle nodded her head in which she understood what Jack was trying to say. “You're a young, beautiful, intelligent woman Belle and you don't deserve to be second best or stood up.”

Belle suddenly stopped walking which made Jack stop too. She couldn't quite believe what she were hearing. From out of all the guys she'd met, Belle never had expected to hear something so genuine come out of Jack Barakat's mouth. “You honestly mean that?”

“Yes I do.” Jack said proudly, a grin slightly showing on his features. “I'm sure Alex has a capable reason so don't worry your pretty little head about it okay?”

“Thanks Jack.” she sent him a sincere smile. Belle walked directly up to Jack and wrapped her arms around him to which he wrapped his own around her, pulling her close. “Although, I don't understand,” Belle pulled away and glanced up to him. “Why is it you know exactly what to say?”

“I learned from the best.” Jack replied. Belle merely knitted her eyebrows together in confusion. “Joyce Barakat.”

“Remind me to thank your mother one day.” Jack simply let out a laugh as they carried on walking down the side walk.

-

When Belle finally arrived at her house, she turned to see Jack far behind her, fidgeting with his phone. It looked as if he were trying to say something, but he held himself back from speaking up. Belle bit her lip and prepared herself to ask him what was bothering him until he eventually broke the silence. “Belle, I need a favor.” his voice sounded distressed.

“Is everything okay?”

“Yes, well, no actually, I need a place to stay.”

“I thought you had your own place?”

“I do, I mean I did have, but I kind of-”

“You forgot you pay your rent didn't you?” Belle said amusingly. Jack didn't exactly want to admit it; she heard the silent yes he muttered. “You can kip here as long as it's alright with Adam, but he should be fine with it anyway because we have like 4 spare bedrooms so.”

“You're a lifesaver.” Jack kissed her cheek and Belle unlocked the door giggling. The two made their way inside and she could hear Jack commenting on the house as she went upstairs to fetch some spare clothes for Jack to sleep in. Belle grabbed a grey hoodie and a pair of Nike sweatpants from her dresser. She sensed Jack heading her way as his footsteps came closer. Belle found him standing in front of her bedroom door.

“I only have these for you to borrow; if you would like something different, I could always fetch something from Adam's drawer.”

“These look great.” Jack commented happily. “PAJAMAS PARTY!” he yelled, running down the hallway. Belle fell into a fit of laughter and silently shushed him through her giggles.

“Come on, I'll show you your room.” Belle said quietly while still trying to contain her laughter as she pushed a dizzy Jack through the hallway who'd been spinning in circles.

-

Within the last 10 minutes, Belle and Jack had changed into their nightwear and were heading straight for their beds after finishing their hot drinks. Jack made his way into his new room and climbed into his bed. Belle wished him a goodnight and she were about to leave through the door until Jack shouted for her.

“Yes?” she answered tiredly.

“Aren't you going to tuck me in?” he teased. Belle rolled her eyes and tiptoed over to the side of Jack's bed. She grabbed the top of the duet and pulled it up till he was securely in.

“Better?”

“Yes, thank you.” he replied, mocking a child's voice. Belle stiffed a laugh.

“Good, now remember if you need anything, feel free to help yourself, just don't break anything.” she instructed. Jack nodded, shutting his eyes and Belle smiled softly down at him. “Night Jack.” she whispered before leaving for her room and tucking herself in into her own warm bed.

-

The next morning, Belle woke up abruptly to odd rumblings and what sounded like pans clashing together. She looked to her clock on her bedside which read 10:07am. Belle had to be at the studio in exactly 2 hours, but not before she had eaten breakfast. The loud bangs grew louder which begun to terrify her until she knew who exactly was up. Belle shot out of her bed and hurriedly ran down to the kitchen, only to see Jack covered in flour with a slight sticky mixture glued to his face.

Jack's eyes grew large as they flickered over to where Belle was standing near the doorway and her face clearly showed amusement. He sighed and rubbed his nose to remove the existing flour that begun to irritate him. “I tried to make pancakes, it's not as easy as it fucking looks.”

“I gathered that.” Belle replied while chuckling at him. She let out a big snicker, but quickly slapped a hand over her mouth. Jack playfully glared.

“You think this is funny?” he questioned, pretending to be pissed with her. Belle's smile instantly vanished and she looked towards the floor.

“Hm, no.” she gave him an innocent look before taking slow steps backwards. Jack noticed straight away she was trying to head for the door and he soon followed her movements by walking closer to her while he gripped a handful of flour, secretly hiding it tightly behind his back.

“I'll give you at least 3 seconds to run.” Jack smirked evilly at her as he brought his hand forward and begun to take his aim. Belle looked to him flabbergasted as she knew what were about to come. She squealed as she ran away from him and headed straight for the living room with Jack on her trail.

“I'm going to get you, Belle.” he shouted, leaving flour trails behind him. Their laughs came out uncontrollably around the house as they chased one another. The pair was beginning to lose their breaths, but that didn't stop them. Belle ran back to where the play chase had first begun. She had corned herself against the kitchen counter. Unfortunately, for her she had her back turned to Jack who happened to be right behind her.

“Got-cha!!” Jack whispered in her ear, pulling her into his chest and patting the white substance of flour all down her front. Belle let out a small scream and then a laugh as she squirmed in his grip, both laughing together once again.

"No, no" Belle yelled through her yells as Jack began to tickle her. She tried to contain herself and she couldn't help love the feeling of Jack's arm around her waist. Jack noticed the feeling as well as he had frozen in his posture and was now looking down straight into Belle's eyes. It gave her butterflies. Jack and Belle were too lost into their moment that they hadn't heard movement from someone else entering the room.

“Am I interrupting something?” a familiar voice asked from behind them. Belle's eyes widened and so did Jack's. They both knew that voice all too well. When Jack released Belle and they both turned, they saw Alex standing there with a bewildered look on his face and boy had he caught them at the wrong time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to ddollfacedd, OrdinaryRiches, brittanylol and boner418 who commented on the last chapter. I really loved your feedback. I'll get back to you all real soon :)

Thoughts on this one? xx
The next update shouldn't be too long :)