Status: Slow updates. (Sorry guys)

You Like Me Just the Way I'm Not

Talk to Me

The last few weeks were a blur to Belle. Her routine was the same everyday. She'd get up, get dressed, have breakfast and then head to the studio. After she'd done recording, Belle would return back home, eat and then go straight to bed. Her behavior was unnatural to Adam who'd become quite concerned with the female. He of course wanted to confront her about it, but whenever he got the chance, Belle shrugged him off or she'd be in her room sleeping. Most of the time she just wanted to be on her own. This had started ever since Jack moved out.

Waking again the next morning, Belle woke from another sleepless slumber. She sat herself up and rubbed her sore eyes before glancing at the clock. For the past two weeks Belle felt her body weakening. She was lacking energy. Ever since she got back to recording, Belle pushed herself to the limit which had left her feeling drained by the time she arrived home. Adam was not the only who grew concerned, Belle's producer had noticed a change in the girls attitude.

Belle jumped out of bed and made her way to her closet to choose an outfit then headed downstairs for breakfast. When she got there, Adam happened to be plating up a quick snack for them both. Belle sat at the counter while he greeted good morning to the sleepy female who simply mumbled a reply in return. Belle glanced down to her food and then to Adam who happily chewed on his. Suddenly the thought of eating didn't entirely please her and Adam soon caught on. “You're not hungry?” Belle simply shook her head in disapproval. Adam frowned at her. “Come on Belle, you have to eat something.”

“I'm not hungry.”

“You say that now, but later on you'll be snacking by the time we get home,” Belle gave him an alarmed look. Adam only snickered at her. “Don't think I haven't seen you because I have trust me, I told your parents I would look after you and I aim to keep to that.”

“Screw my parents Adam, it's not like they actually care.”

Adam shook his head in disbelief as he stared at the girl. “Excuse me what? Is something wrong with you? Suddenly you're so angry all the time, maybe you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning Belle I don't know; to be honest, your mood swings lately have been sending me over the edge and I have no idea what has made you so cranky, but it stops now alright?” When Adam got no reply, he sighed and made his way over to Belle who sat quietly in her chair with her head down. “What's wrong Bell? Did something bad happen?" Belle shook her head. She didn't want to talk about it. Adam bit his lip and thought for a second. This wouldn't be easy getting Belle to open up. He realized it the second week they had moved to LA. “Did someone upset you?” he asked. Belle closed her eyes as the memory she'd been having for the last few nights came back to her. Something she'd wanted to get rid of more than anything. Belle gulped as she glanced up at Adam's face. "Alex." she mumbled.

[Flashback]

The silence killed Alex as he stared hard at Jack. The anger pulsed in his gut and the jealously boiled in the pit of his stomach. He quickly decided it was best to leave and that idea seemed so positive to him until his eyes glued onto hers. He'd seen the panic rise as Belle swallowed stiffly and her own eyes glanced from him then down to the floor. Alex told himself he was just being stupid, that it was the jealousy making him act this way. Jack and Belle were nothing more than friends, but every time the nagging voice came back he'd found it harder to believe.

“It's not what it looks like.” Belle said.

“Really? You guys seem pretty close to me.” Alex responded rather coldly back at her.

“We were only having a bit of fun Alex! Lighten up!”

“Why are you here anyway?” he asked directly to Jack who usually wasn't great answering questions on the spot. Envy obviously lingered in Alex's voice. He didn't like the fact that Jack was standing in her kitchen not only shirtless, but his hand happened to be still resting on Belle's waist which made his jaw clench tighter.

“Belle happened to have-”

“You know what? I don't need to know because it's totally fine, I'm sure you guys are busy so why don't I leave you to it?” Alex said cutting Jack off. The nagging voice inside Alex's head finally sent him over the radar. He could feel his mouth getting dry. Alex began to back away from them and made his way towards the front door. Belle followed straight after him.

“Alex, I swear we didn't do any-” she replied rather rashly, not wanting him to leave before a simple explanation was in order.

“I'm happy for you Belle, he's a good guy.” he sent her a sad smile before retreating through the front door, leaving it was a large bang.

[Flashback end]

“I don't know what happened.”

“I'm sorry Belle.” Adam said sincerely. “Obviously you and Alex have a connection. You have feelings for one another, but sometimes it's hard to admit them.”

“Why does it bother him so much though? I mean, we aren't even together. We hardly know one another. You should have seen his face Adam, Alex looked like he wanted to punch a wall or something.”

“Belle, jealousy brings out the worst in people. I guess Alex was too stupid to figure that out. Everything will be alright though, I promise, now eat.” Adam reassured her before tucking back into his food.

-

Belle and Adam arrived an hour later after breakfast. They both walked into the reception area before going upstairs to Studio 5. The journey remained a quiet one for them both as their studio came nearer. Belle was about to head inside until a familiar male with black hair walked out from the opposite room across from her. Jack to be precise. The male stared at Belle with a sullen look and she knew why. Since the awkward scene from several weeks back with her, him and Alex in the kitchen, Jack had been blowing off Belle as if they'd never met. Every call-he ignored, every voice mail-he deleted. Belle's instinct told her that he was probably doing it on purpose or Alex left him in a uncomfortable position to even talk after what happened. Either way, it still hurt her feelings. He also noticed how much Belle had changed. Her weight clearly dropped. Probably from lack of food. The sore eyes from where she'd been crying or lack of sleep. Jack felt bad and partly blamed himself for it. He silently cursed Alex for doing this. Jack began to pass her, but her voice that called out to him left him in his spot from even moving.

"What do you want?" he asked. Belle was a little reluctant to answer at first; she answered though none the less.

"An explanation maybe? We haven't talked in a while."

"I had nothing to say."

"Yeah, well I have tons." Belle barked back. Jack was taken back by her anger and Adam looked awkwardly between the two as he stood off to the side. "I haven't seen you in days, weeks and you tell me now you have nothing to say, what a load of bullshit Jack."

"I'm sorry Belle, really; I don't have time for this."

"Belle, we need to head inside, we're going to be late and you know what will hap-." Adam interjected until the look she gave told him to back off.

"Jack, at least tell me where Alex is, I need to see him," Belle pleaded. It was slowing killing her. She didn't like being the person in the wrong. She hadn't done nothing to upset either pair. Alex was just overreacting. The guitarist let out a sigh. Before he could speak, he noticed a familiar figure standing behind her. His voice had already spoken for him.

"I'm right here." Just the sound of his voice sent Belle into a nervous breakdown. What she had planned to say was now drifting out of her head as she spun round slowly and glanced at the sight of Alex. His usual messy brown hair was now styled, obviously straightened. He wore dark jeans and a red checkered shirt. She was also expecting Alex to be glaring at her, but instead she got a sorrowful look off of him. 'Maybe he did have an instant change of heart' Belle silently thought. "You wanted to talk..?" Alex's tone suddenly turned harsh on her. "Well I have nothing to say to you. I said everything I needed to the day I left your place and as you can see Belle, we're both busy recording; we are on a tight schedule so I don't have time to have a heart to heart conversation right now." and with that, Alex strolled straight past her and went into his own studio. Belle's barrier came crashing down. She no longer felt strong to at least call back for him. Belle bit her lip to stop it from trembling as each of Alex's words crushed her hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it's been a while since I last updated. It's never easy when writers block strikes. Hopefully though, I may be alright so let's just how it goes for now. Sorry again this chapter isn't much but I'm gonna work from it. Leave your thoughts and I'll get back to you. To those who have left comments already, some pleaded me to update, I am geneually sorry but I am grateful for every one of your comments, thank you :) xx