Status: Slow updates. (Sorry guys)

You Like Me Just the Way I'm Not

Getting Serious

Later that evening Belle arrived back at the beach house. Once she entered through into the kitchen, she was surprised to see the amount of food on the counter. She saw Adam placing a pile of large steaks onto a plate. Belle gave him a questioning look while he just simply smiled back at her.

"Err, Adam I'd hate to say this but, I don't think I'm gonna be able to eat all this." Looking around at all the dishes, there was numerous types of food in them. Salads, pasta, pickles, different kind of seafood, meats, vegetables.

"Silly girl, it's not all for you, we have guests." he confessed. "Infact they'll be here any minute so I'd suggest you go change." Within the next few minutes Belle had returned from her room wearing a beach printed maxi dress. If they were having guests, she at least wanted to be presentable.

"Damn girl, you change fast." Adam said in between his laughs.

-

There were mainly around 5 people who came to the house. From what Belle had learned from Adam, they were from the recording studio. There was James - studio manager, Robert - producer, Oliver and Liam - engineers and finally, David - studio technician. Most of them were experienced so Belle was in capable hands.

James had approached her first. "You must be Belle." he said shaking her hand. He had told her about himself. 38 years old, 13 years he had been in the business and had worked with several artists such as Green Day, Panic! At The Disco and The Script.

Robert approached her next. Being a producer, he had asked her some simple questions about the music she listens to, who her inspirations are and why she wants to be a musician."What did your parents think of this? I mean a twenty one year old like yourself, in LA, wanting to become a singer." He asked. Belle stumbled for a moment and she looked around to see multiple eyes staring back at her waiting for her to answer.

"Well they- they er...weren't exactly fond of the idea. Actually...they hated it." Belle confessed. She felt as if she was under a lot of pressure. The was almost too much for her. "My mum and dad don't understand what music has done to my life. They don't realise how much I want this. To make this happen, to do something by expressing myself not just as a person, but as an artist to. I don't want to make them proud, I just want them to see how much I'm passionate about music. A chance to be a happy, a chance to make a change for myself."

One by one, a smile appeared on each guests face. They were all touched by Belle's speech and a round of applause had erupted the house. Belle smiled at them and felt the warm feeling of approval.

"Good answer." David told her. She kindly thanked him. Suddenly there was knock at the door and a short woman entered breathing heavily, possibly from running too fast. "I'm so sorry for being late..wait am I in the right place?" She asked, frantically looking around at all the faces in the room. The men simply let out a laugh.

"This is our Sarah, she's our runner back at the studio." Oliver grinned. Belle smiled at the woman and went to welcome her by offering her hand to shake which Sarah kindly shook.

An hour became two and two became three. Laughter and pure none sense was all it took for everyone to become close to one another. Belle felt right at home with her new friends. They made her feel welcome and for a second, she felt quite comfortable around the thought that this could be the family she's always wanted. People who actually understood her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all you're lovely feedback. You know who you are :)

Keep the comments coming! <3