Status: Slow updates. (Sorry guys)

You Like Me Just the Way I'm Not

Campfire Harmonies

Belle's first day at the studio turned out successful in the end. She'd done vocals for 3 tracks including one of her own and one of Robert's. The next step was to keep recording vocals for all of the remaining songs and then the final finishing touches would be the only thing left to do. Belle wasn't needed for another day so she had tomorrow off. She went straight home and had a shower. After she came downstairs feeling refreshed, Belle noticed Adam was still nowhere in sight. He already informed Belle that he still had work to do so he'd be late. Belle sighed and began writing Adam a note to remind him about the BBQ she'd be going to and he should come down when he'd be done with work.

Belle checked her outfit in the living-room mirror. She was wearing a purple print Aztec maxi dress and gold gladiator sandals. Belle quickly sprayed herself with perfume before collecting her bag and guitar, then made her way down to the beach.

-

Sitting round a small campfire that bursted with bright colorful flames, Alex Gaskarth sung one of the songs that would be featured on All Time Low's new album. His band mates, Jack Barakat, Zack Merrick, Rian Dawson and his girlfriend Cassadee Pope all watched in awe at the lead singer. As Alex was about to begin the second verse, his eyes glanced to the distance where an unknown person was heading his way. The light of the fire glowed on the person as they soon came nearer and Alex's about gawked at Belle as she appeared behind where Zack was sitting. His friends followed his gaze and soon everyone was staring at Belle, slightly making her uncomfortable.

"Um...hello." Belle greeted them nervously. Alex stopped playing his guitar for a moment and walked over to stand beside her, offering Belle a bit of comfort. He put his arm around her shoulders and Belle soon relaxed.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet someone, this is Belle." Alex introduced. Smiles appeared on their faces and a chorus of 'hellos' came from the group as they all welcomed her.

"Didn't I see you back at the studio today, that was you right?" Rian asked. Belle nodded.

"Yup, that was me."

"I thought you looked familiar." After shaking everybody's hands and accepting an awkward hug off Jack, Alex offered Belle to sit between him and Cassadee around the small fire which she kindly accepted. Cassadee knew the girl was a little shy being with strangers she'd never been around before, but by tonight, she'd know them all a bit better.

"Ah yes, Alex has told us so much about you." ,said the brunette sitting next to Belle. She turned to look at Alex with her eyebrow raised.

"Really?"

"Yeah, he literally could not shut the fuck up about you. Belle this, Belle that-"

"Dude, it so wasn't like that." Alex said interrupting Jack who merely rolled his eyes and laughed at his friend, obviously feeling embarrassed.

"Yeah bullshit, whatever."

Belle soon settled in with the band and after a few questions from Cassadee and Rian, she had warmed up to them all. When the couple cuddled up to one another around the fire, Belle thought it was best to leave them to themselves and she went to help Zack who began grilling food on the barbecue. She helped him prepare the food which he was thankful for and then she handed out beers for everyone else who needed a drink while they were waiting to eat.

Alex who had moved over to the other side, was silently sitting on his own strumming his guitar. Belle made her way over taking a beer bottle with her and offered it to Alex who briefly noticed her standing there in front of him. He kindly thanked Belle and offered a seat in return next to him.

"Hey um, can I ask you a few things? you know, singer to singer," Alex asked.

"Sure, as long as their not too personal."

"Oh, as in are you single?" Belle coughed on her iced tea. She totally wasn't expecting that question, especially from Alex.

"Who wants to know?" she replied in-between her coughs.

"ME!" Jack yelled from where he was standing. Belle giggled when Zack pushed Jack away from the BBQ as he was caught red handed trying to steal the hot food.

"Well in that case, yes I'm single."

"Great, lets hit it up sometime." Jack joked. Zack laughing along slapped Jack on the back of the head and he started whining.

"So how did you get into performing?" Alex asked.

"Well...when I was younger, I actually wanted to be a vet, but that later changed when I went to tryouts for the school choir and that's how it begun. From that very moment, I've always loved singing and I realised this was something I wanted to do. When I took my GCSE's, I definitely made sure music was apart of them. I went to college-" Jack fake gasped and Belle grinned at him. "I went to college doing music for my A Levels."

"It sounds like you and music were destined to be then." Cassadee confirmed. The blonde nodded at the brunette.

"Music has always been a big part of my life. From being the lead in two plays, to performing at my local pub every weekend, performing on the streets where the money I collected would go towards singing lessons, the half I'd donate to charities."

"How does it make you feel?" Alex questioned curiously, his chin on his hand.

"Performing? Well, when I sing...I give it my all you know, I put my heart and soul into it. I've worked hard to achieve my best and I still do, everyday. There were moments when I felt like giving up, I've had negative comments thrown at me before where I got told to 'give it up' or 'this whole music thing isn't you'. I understand your parents want the best for you, but they can't decide your future for you. My parents did the exact same thing; I ignored them and they hated me for it, but I chose to do it because I believed I could come through and one day show them, this is me, this is who I am and this is what I want to do." Belle paused and her eyes landed on Alex who was watching her silently. "I just want to make them proud." Alex's hand slowly inched towards Belle's hand and he interlocked his fingers with her. Cassadee watching them with a smirk and she nudged Rian on the arm, sending him an aware look.

"I assure you Belle, you will make them proud." Alex promised. She smiled and sent a thank you smile in return.

"So what was that song you were playing? You know as I arrived."

"Oh that? it's nothing." Alex scrunched his eyebrows and shook his head.

"No, come on, I wanna hear it." Belle ordered, tapping Alex's arm. Alex bit his lip and looked to her with an unsure look. Somehow nerves had developed which was unnatural to him. He never had nerves. Was Belle doing this to him?

"It's a song we're recording on the new album, but it's not quite finished yet." Rian notified, after seeing Alex hold back.

"So lets hear it." Belle instructed once more. Alex took a deep breath and grabbed his guitar. He looked to Belle before he begun the second verse of the song.

"Old enough to fall, flat on my face
When I walk as they crawl
Slowing down is just a waste of time to let go
Tapping my fingers to the rhythm of a metronome
Counting opportunities

Take a part a gravity that's holding me down,
Make a point, to find a resolution to be my own solution.

Is this what it feels like finding out
That I've got the guts to say anything?
Feels like, breaking out
When I can give up my reputation
Finally I can see,
Honestly, I've got the guts to say anything."

Belle watched Alex in amazement. His melodic voice soothed and made her sway as she listened to him sing with so much emotion. She knew how much music mattered to this band, how much it meant to Alex. This is why she looked up to them. She respected them a lot. An unknown feeling swept through her stomach as Alex's eyes opened and stared deep into her own as if he was singing to her, only her.

"Let me go down, let me go, let me go down alone
Let me go down, just let me go down
If I'm gonna go down, then just let me go, let me go down
Let me go down, just let me go, let me go."

Belle grabbed her own guitar from beside her and mirrored Alex's movements, playing the chords and trying to tune her guitar, matching his pitch. They soon played together in sync and Alex himself was impressed on how fast she'd learnt the chords just by simply watching his hand movements.

"It feels like, finding out
That I've the guts to say anything
Feels like breaking out
When I can give up my reputation

Finally I can see, honestly,
I've got the guts to say anything
Finally I can see, honestly,
I've got the guts to say anything."

When Alex finished off singing the last chorus, Belle sang along with him. At first he was taken a back because he wasn't expecting her to join in. The smile on her face confirmed she liked the song and Alex felt overjoyed that she did. When the pair had finished performing, Alex looked to his friends. They all had the same expression on their faces: stunned. Belle suddenly felt guilty thinking she'd stole Alex's limelight.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that." she said, looking down in shame. Alex caught on what she was trying to say, but before he could say something, Cassadee spoke up first.

"Why are you apologizing? That was incredible."

"Really?" Belle answered dumbfounded, sighing in relief.

"Yeah, Cassadee's right, the both of you, it's like there was a connection between the two." Rian spoke up next, agreeing with his girlfriend. "As soon as you started singing along with Alex, it was like you two were made to sing this song together or something."

An idea suddenly clicked in Alex's head and although he wasn't sure Belle would agree on it right away, Rian was right about one thing. When Alex sang the last chorus where Belle joined in with him, she was like the perfect fit the band had been looking for. She was the piece to his unfinished puzzle. Belle was the person the band needed most in to completing the track.

"Belle, I want you to be on the song." ,said Alex, blurting out his idea. Belle looked at him speechless. Her throat ran dry and she couldn't quite place on what to say. Alex could tell by the look on her features. "You don't have to give me an answer now, I'm just offering and I'm not asking you to do it for me, but as a band, we'd appreciate someone like you on one of our songs." he confessed. Belle looked from Alex to Jack, Rian and Zack and then to Cassadee who was grinning widely at her. "We'll understand if you'll say n-"

"I'll think about it Alex, this is a big decision for me and it's not something I'm gonna say yes to straight away, not saying I will and I'm not saying I won't, but I just need to think this over." Alex simply nodded and licked his lips.

"Let me know when you're ready." he said. Belle nodded.

"I think a toast is in order." Jack shouted while raising his bottle. "To Belle for being one beautiful motherfucker." Belle and Cassadee laughed at the male. He stumbled his way over to her, but his beer also dripped onto Rian who then turned around to glare at Jack.

"Shit! You moron." he complained. Everyone just laughed in unison.

"To a new amazing friendship." Cassadee said, hinting towards Belle who gleamed at the brunette. "And to new beginnings, a chance to prove others wrong." Alex finished off. Everyone clinked their bottles together before Zack declared the food was ready to eat. Rian, Cass, Jack and Zack jumped up and went to grab their food, leaving Belle and Alex alone, close by the fire.

"Thank you." Belle said, giving Alex a generous nudge on his shoulder. He only nodded and grinned in return.

"You're welcome." The pair continued to stare at one another and Alex's face closed the distance between him and Belle. Alex's eyes closed as well as Belle's as he was about to press his lips against hers until a small shriek came not far from behind them.

"Alexxx!" the unknown voice yelled, obviously a girls. Belle shot back from her seat and she glanced back, now looking at another brunette haired girl who was walking straight up to them. Alex stood up beside Belle with a look of confusion set on his face as he watched the unknown girl come into view.

"Lisa?" he asked surprisingly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for taking ages to get this chapter up. I've been working on my other story as well as trying to write this one and writing two at the same time is kinda hard to keep up with, especially when I forget what to write half the time ugh anyway here's the next one. I hope you all enjoy! Again, sorry to keep you waiting.

Comments always appreciated! Recommend if you must. This one goes out to those who left a comment last time :) xx