Status: Sort of on hiatus...updates will be slow

Only Fools Rush In

Chapter 16

Taking his time to make sure every room was neat and tidy, Alex let his OCD control him and soon his opulent apartment was perfectly presentable. The teacher wouldn’t admit it to anyone but he rather enjoyed housecleaning; he found it almost soothing.

There was a lasagne in the oven filling the residence with the enticing smell of a home cooked meal which also helped in masking the scent of polish and other cleaning products. It was when Alex glanced at his watch that he noticed how much time had passed, the butterflies in his stomach fluttering frantically.

“Shit…” he mumbled, his anxiety making itself more known as his heart began to race. Gaskarth never felt nervous around anyone, but with Jack he couldn’t seem to compose himself. Sure, he appeared calm and collected but in reality he felt like he might just combust while in the company of the teenager.

He obviously knew how risky his relationship with the boy was and he tried to keep his feelings to a minimum, but it was all getting too much and he couldn’t keep pretending he wasn’t falling for Jack. Not when it was something he wanted.

So when Alex heard the elevator ding and his doorbell chime, the rapid beating of his heart was the only sound he could hear. Taking a couple deep breaths and a quick look at himself in a mirror, the older male walked to the locked door and opened it, revealing a beautiful man with long eyelashes and sparkling brown eyes.

“Hey,” Jack said with a dazzling smile, one which left the teacher in complete awe. He couldn’t find his voice in that moment and the only thing he could manage to do was pull the student closer to him and press their lips together.

When the two pulled apart, their eyes bright and full of desire, the sweet moment was interrupted by the sound of the younger male’s stomach growling hungrily. “Sorry.”

Alex laughed with a “Come on, then,” slipping his hand into Jack’s and walked him into the apartment towards the kitchen where they sat down to a delicious meal with a glass of wine.

***

It was around 10pm when the two were curled up together on the large, comfortable couch, the teacher playing with his student’s hair while the boy trailed his fingers up and down the man’s waist. The TV was on but neither were paying attention to it.

They shared pecks every now and then, Jack’s cheeks blushing with each one and Alex grinning uncontrollably. It didn’t take long for their innocent kisses to turn into a full-blown make-out sesh.

But just as the two were getting into the heated kiss, their hands eagerly exploring each other’s body, the sound of the elevator’s ding disrupted them. Their faces conveyed the same emotion; confusion.

“Are you expecting someone?” Jack asked, raising an eyebrow as he sat back, still straddling Alex.

“No, the guys know I’m with you tonight. I don‘t know who that is,” the teacher replied, lifting Jack effortlessly off of him to walk to the door and peer out the little spy hole. That’s when he saw who stepped out of the elevator.

“Fuck!” Alex cursed in a whisper-shout, turning to the student with utter panic. “It’s crazy Sarah. You have to hide or something,” he pleaded, feeling awful at the thought of his boyfriend stuffed away somewhere.

“What the fuck, man?! How does she know where you live?” Jack quickly got up and looked around before dashing into the bathroom while Alex stated, “I don’t fucking know!”

When the doorbell rang, and was followed by a couple knocks, Alex couldn’t believe what was happening. He only wanted a quiet night in with his student but no, some mad bitch had to show up and ruin everything. The brunette was more than pissed off.

Throwing the door open, the teacher was greeted by Miss Bruce wearing a buttoned-up and belted trench coat and not much else, it seemed. “What the…”

“Hello, Alex,” she smirked then pushed past him to enter his apartment where she gazed around in delight. She put down a bottle of rosé on the coffee table before turning back to the shocked male with a wicked look in her eyes.

“Sarah, how did you find out where I live?” was the first question that left the male’s lips, his body tense as he stayed at his place near the door.

“It was in some file with your name on it,” the female giggled and took a step towards Alex. “You don’t mind, do you?”

“Of course I mind!” Alex blurted out, running his hands through his hair. “Jesus, Sarah. What possessed you to look up my personal information and come to my house at night?”

The woman smirked again as she undid her belt and began to unbutton her coat. “Oh Alex, don’t act like you’re not impressed.” Taking more steps closer, her coat was open and revealed her lacy black underwear which accentuated every line and curve of her sculpted body.

Alex gulped and looked towards the bathroom door, wishing to be in there with Jack instead of being trapped out in the living area with Sarah. Part of him yearned to stare at the woman in all her glory but thankfully the other part kept him right.

“Sarah, I think you should go.”

Much to his unease, the woman came right up to him and pressed her body against his. “Hmm, I don’t think I should.”

She leaned in and crushed her lips against Alex’s and aggressively forced her tongue in. However, just as her tongue slipped in, the brunette shoved her away with disgust.

“What the fuck! Get out of my home, Sarah. Now.” he growled, storming over to the door and opening it, directing her out. But she wasn’t moving. She stood there with her arms crossed and an irritated look on her face.

Oh please!” she spat. “Stop being a little bitch, Alex. I know you want to fuck me so just do it while I’m still willing.”

This only caused the man to laugh humourlessly. “I’ve never wanted to, and I never will, fuck you. So get out of my apartment before I call the cops and get you done for harassment.” He pulled out his phone for emphasis and, soon enough, she left.

“One day you’ll stop pretending that you don’t like me and you’ll have me. You’ll see Alex.” Sarah snarled before getting into the elevator and leaving.

As soon as the teacher locked his front door, Jack came out of the bathroom with a sad expression. Alex strode over to him and wrapped his arms around him, apologising over and over again. When he felt the younger male embrace him back, he knew he was forgiven.

“I think you need a restraining order,” the lanky teen uttered, his hold on the brunette never faltering. Alex chuckled and agreed before pulling away slightly to reach up and kiss the tall boy.

“I really am sorry, Jack.”

“It’s not your fault, Lex. Like you said, she’s crazy.”

With another kiss, Alex asked, “Is there anything you want to do?”

The student though for a moment then quietly said, “Can we just go to bed?”

With a smile and a nod, Alex took Jack’s hand and walked him to his bedroom where they lay with one another, limbs tangled, for sleep to overcome them.
♠ ♠ ♠
...An actual update. This really happened, you are not dreaming. And there's a new layout.

I haven't edited this since I'm too tired so I'm sorry if there are multiple errors.

Also, I don't know when the next update will be since this is still on a hiatus thing but I hope you like this chapter anyway.

Thanks for reading!