Status: (: !!Active!! :)

Behind Our Backs

Emergency Meeting

"Ok guys..." Dylan said to the group of populars who had gathered for the 'emergency meeting'. "Does anyone know what's going on with Evaline?"

They were all sitting in the little courtyard on the tables, benches, and a few of the guys on the grass. It was fourth period and the populars who weren't in class, had some time to burn.

Kailey Mason, a school cheerleader, raised her hand slightly. "Ummm... What do you mean? Has something happened to her?"

"I don't know, she isn't coming to any parties, any get togethers and she's always making excuses now." Dylan explained. "How many people have noticed?"

There were about fifteen people in all and about half of them raised their hands.

"Exactly," He continued. "Does anyone have any ideas why?"

Alex looked up. "I think she's been hanging out with that emo."

George, who was sitting beside him, nodded. "Yeah, he's always looking at her during classes."

"She would never hang out with Greyson Adams. He probably just has a little crush on her, that's why he's looking at her." The brunette Stacey Patterson suggested. "I mean, come on, I see guys drooling all over her all the time. She really is pretty."

"He better not have a crush on her..." Dylan muttered, starting to pace.

"Maybe she's just tired from all the work Mrs. Carry has been setting. She's been giving a lot and I've been barely getting through it all." Someone said.

"I don't think so..." George interrupted. "She kind of... Walked in on us as me and Alex were teaching the fag a lesson - " Dylan smirked. " - and she completely freaked out on us! She was threatening to get a teacher!"

Lila, who had not said anything yet, spoke up. "Come on, Evaline hates watching people get hurt. She would've done something about it even if it wasn't this Greyson kid."

A few eyes looked at her skeptically.

"Look. Evaline and I are best friends. She'd tell me if she was hanging out with this guy. She trusts me and I trust her to tell me the truth. So far, she's said nothing about it so Greyson Adams is out of the question. She even told me herself," She added. "She's been getting a lot of homework. I think she's just tired."

"You don't think she's ever lied to you?" Dylan asked, sounding amused.

"She might've, but she's come clean." Lila said simply.

"I agree with Alex." he said. "I think she's been hanging out with this guy behind our backs."

"Fine!" Lila exclaimed. "Don't believe me!"

"Why don't we spy on her?" George blurted out.

"That's a great idea!" Dylan said. "Lila, you do it, you're closest to her."

"Excuse me?!" Lila asked outraged. "I will not spy - "

"Great, thanks!" He cut her off. "Now no one tells Evaline that we're spying on her and no one tells her we had this little meeting."

Everyone nodded except Lila. "Um, hello?? I haven't agreed."

"Yeah, but you will," Dylan winked, "Meeting adjourned!" Then, he walked away.

Everyone else left, leaving Lila alone.

"I will not spy on my best friend..." She whispered to herself. "Even if I DO want to know what the hell's going on with her..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks! I'm now up to 42 readers!! Special thanks to:

Molly (thatscalledyes)

for commenting and being so enthusiastic about my horrible, horrible writing! :P