Status: Complete!

Saviour

It's All My Fault.

I rushed over to Lizzie’s side, and cradled her. I looked over at Hayley who was just stood there in shock. Just mere seconds before all this, Hayley was telling me how she thought Lizzie may be slightly happier.

I checked for a pulse, only to feel the slightest of one.

“Hayley, call an ambulance.” I said.

She just stood there staring, tears rolling down her eyes.

Now!” I shouted.

She jumped and ran out of the room and down the stairs.

I looked back down at Lizzie, her once warm and golden skin now milky white and cold. Her bright Green eyes hidden by her eyelids. Why do all the bad things happen to the good people? Lizzie doesn’t have a single bad bone in her body, there is no reason what so ever for anyone to hate her or feel the need to beat her up. It doesn’t make sense.

I pulled her closer to me, when I heard someone running up the stairs. They came into the room and gasped. I looked up and saw Jen stood there, hand covering her mouth.

“No.” She whispered.

Lizzie is loved, couldn’t she see that. Doing this has hurt many. Hayley, Jen and I and it’ll upset Ellie, Sophie, Hannah and Laura when they find out. And my band, they all loved her. How am I supposed to tell them?

I shook my head, and bent down, placing a kiss on her forehead. She needs to pull through this and when she does I’m going to make sure I’m there as much as possible to help get her back on track. I looked down at her again and felt body starting to shake as tears started making their way down my cheeks.

“Lizzie, please don’t do this to me.” I cried. “I’ve only just found you, I can’t lose you.”

Jen stayed silent and walked over to Lizzie’s bed. I heard the sound of paper being moved and looked up to see Jen reading the note on her bed.

She turned round and held it up to me.

“Did she write this?” Jen asked quietly.

I shook my head no.

“Who?”

“I’m not one hundred per cent sure, but I think I have a rough idea as to who it may be.” I muttered.

I heard someone run up the stairs to Hayley come back into the room.

“They’ll be here as soon as possible.” She said making her way over to me and Lizzie.

We all stayed silent.

“I don’t get it.” Hayley cried. “She seemed happier earlier. When I spoke to her I got a little smile and laugh from her. I thought we might have been getting somewhere.”

“What were you talking about?” I asked her.

“You.” She giggled. “Every day I would try and start a conversation with her, to take her mind off everything, and today I asked her to think of something, so she started telling me about her first date with you.” Hayley smiled at smiled.

I looked down at Lizzie and smiled slightly, remembering it like it was just yesterday. Watching some chick flick she convinced me to watch at the cinema with her, then before coming home, me telling her I’d make sure she watches every possible Batman film, new or old.

“That was a good day.” I smiled.

We stayed silent when Jen spoke up.

“Hayley, do you have any idea as to who this note might be from?”

She stood up and walked over to her Mom, and read it. I watched her look over it, before she looked up and stared at me. Neither of us saying anything, but confirming who it was just by staring into each other’s eyes. I felt the anger making its way into me and my grip on Lizzie tightened a bit.

“Y-yeah, I know who.” Hayley chocked out.

“Who?” Jen questioned.

“Um… Her-her Dad.”

And just like that Hayley broke down. I gently placed Lizzie back on the floor and stood up, making my way over to Hayley and pulled her into a hug, my own tears making their way down my cheeks.

“What? W-why?” Jen gasped. “He’s her father, why would he say something like that?” Jen was now crying.

Just then the paramedics came rushing into the room and over to Lizzie. Another walked in and started speaking to us, Hayley’s Dad stood in the doorway, just watching, not saying anything.

“Sir, is that your blood on your top?” One of the Paramedics said pointing to my shirt.

I looked down and just noticed a blood stain on my shirt. I shook my head no, and tried to look at Lizzie to see if I could find where it was coming from on her.

“N-no.” I muttered.

The Paramedic nodded, and they went back to helping Lizzie.

“Alright, we need to get her to the hospital as soon as possible, these wounds on her wrist need stiches before she losing any more blood. She’s already lost too much for my liking.” He said.

“Does anyone know if there is anything she may have done?” One of them asked.

I looked round the room along with Hayley who then pointed at the dresser the other side of the room where there was an empty pill bottle and an all but empty Vodka bottle.

The Paramedics started rushing about and moving Lizzie onto a stretcher and strapping her to it, before lifting it and taking her downstairs. We all followed them and out the front door and watched them load her into the Ambulance. Two of them got out while the third stayed in the back with her. One went to the driver’s side, while another came over to us.

“We have to get her to the hospital as soon as possible and get her stomach pumped. You’re lucky you found her when you did. Waited any longer and she may not of survived.” She said smiling sympathetically.

“If you wish to follow us in a car or whatever, feel welcome to.” She said. “I’m sorry and we’ll do our best to get her back to herself.”

We thanked her and watched her get into the Ambulance before they sped off with the sirens goings. I stared after them. My Lizzie was in the back of that, fighting for her life.

I hadn’t noticed that everyone else had gone back in until Jen wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

“She’ll be fine Andy. You heard what the Paramedic said.”

I stayed silent and continued staring where the Ambulance once was.

“Come on. Have a quick drink and we’ll make our way to the hospital.”

I let her lead me back inside and to the kitchen where Hayley sat at the table, her hands wrapped around a glass of water.

Upstairs, it didn’t feel real that she had tried taking her life, it felt like we had just been sat on the floor and she fell asleep in my arms and that the Paramedics were fussing over nothing. But seeing the pills bottle and the Vodka bottle, then seeing her being loaded into the Ambulance made me realise that she had actually done it. She tried taking her life, she felt like she didn’t deserve to live anymore, she felt like no one loved her, she didn’t want to be here any more.

I stood up from my chair and looked around.

“I need to call the guys.” I said.

Jen and Steve looked at me confused while Hayley stayed silent.

“Who?” Jen asked.

“My band. I need to call them, they deserve to know.”

Jen nodded and I grabbed my phone out of my pocket as I made my way out the front door while searching for Jinxx number. When I found it, I pressed called and held the phone to my ear, pulling out my packet of cigarettes and lighting one, inhaling the smoke while waiting for him to answer. After the fifth ring, he answered.

“Hello?” He said groggily.

“Hi. Sorry I didn’t mean to wake you.” I said.

“Andy?” He questioned. “How’s it going?”

“Not so good.” I sighed.

“Oh god. No, she didn’t did she?” He asked.

“Y-yeah. Just as I walked into her room.” I said, my voicing breaking.

“Andy. I’m so sorry.” Jinxx said, sounding like he was about to try.

“It’s alright Jinxx. She’s just been taken to the hospital; they need to pump her stomach.” I took another drag of my cigarette before continuing.

“Jinxx, I’ve never been so scared in my life.” I said.

“I know, Andy. I know.” He breathed. “Gosh, I don’t know what to say.”

“There isn’t really much to say. It’s just a matter of waiting at the moment and if she wakes, trying to get the story out of her.” I said.

“Andy, it’s not if she wakes. It’s when she wakes.”

I nodded although he couldn’t see me. I finished my cigarette and threw it on the ground and stomped it out just as Hayley, Jen and Steve stepped out the house.

“Alright. Well we’re on our way to the hospital. I’ll call you when we know more.” I said.

“Alright mate. Thank you for letting me know. I’ll tell the others.” He said. “We’ll see you in a couple of days.”

“Okay. Bye.”

“Bye.”

I hung up and placed my phone back in my pocket and made my way over to the car where everyone else was waiting. I got into the backseat with Hayley while Steve drove, no one uttering a single word. I needed Lizzie to pull through his, I know I may sound selfish, but I can’t lose her, just months after losing my Grandpa. I need Lizzie, she keeps me going. I felt Hayley place her hand over mine and gave it a little squeeze. I looked at her and she smiled.

“Everything will be alright.” She said.

I nodded and looked back out the window.

We finally arrived, and I jumped out of the car, making my way in, not even waiting for anyone. I walked over to the desk and waited for the women behind to look up.

“May I help you?” She asked, looking bored.

“Can you tell me what room Lizzie Parker is in?” I asked.

She typed something into her computer before looking back up.

“There isn’t a Lizzie Parker here.” She said.

“Try Elizabeth Parker. I know she is here.” I said slamming my hand down on the desk causing her to jump.

“Sir I need you to calm down.”

“And I need you to tell me which fucking room my girlfriend is in.” I growled.

“I won’t be giving you any information until you calm down, otherwise I’ll just have to get you to leave.”

“Please? I need to know.” I said going from anger to tears streaming down my face. “I need to know that my girlfriend is going to be okay.” I cried.

She nodded and went back to typing. She then picked up the phone, dialling a number before speaking.

While waiting, I felt a hand on my back and turned round to see Jen there. She wiped my tears away before pulling me into a hug. I cried into her shoulder, when I heard the lady behind the desk put the phone down. I turned back around and she told me the room number. I thanked her and we made our way to the room. When we reached the room I looked in the window and saw the nurses working around her. I sighed and sat on the seat next to the door, Jen sitting next to me, while Hayley and Steve sat opposite.

We were silent, just waiting for someone to come out and tell us anything.

“Andy, I’m so sorry.” Steve said suddenly.

I looked at him confused before he continued.

“She came downstairs while the girls were picking you up and she asked for something to help her sleep. She was saying how she hasn’t been sleeping, so I went and got the pills so she could take two. I should of just got them out the of bottle and got her a glass of water and taken it to her, rather than hand her the bottle.” He took a shaky breath. “I could have stopped this from happening.”

I shook my head.

“Don’t blame yourself. How were you to know? She most likely hasn’t been sleeping. She’s 20 not 10, you’re bound to trust her with the bottle.” I said. “Just please, don’t blame yourself.”

“I’m still sorry though.”

I nodded.

We stayed silent when the doctor came out of the room.

“Family of Miss Elizabeth Parker?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next part. What do you think? Don't you just feel sorry for Hayley's dad?

So, I was thinking of bringing to story to a close soon, maybe another 10-15 chapters, but don't worry, there will be a sequel without a doubt. I have it all planned out.

I'm so close to 100 subscribers, and have just hit the 100 mark for comments, thank you so much guys, that is what makes me want to keep writing this <3 Much love to you all.

Comment/Subscribe

Becky x