Eminem Falls for a Girl?

I'm sorry

“Tiff I almost threw up just walking in there, then one of them called me a bitch…”

After she told her everything Beth got off the phone and went to bed.

The next day was pretty much the same. When it rolled around to 4:20 she was rolling the cart down the hall and Tiffany appeared at her side.

“Don't worry girl, I have this. Stay here.”

Beth had never been so happy to see Tiffany in her life. At 4:30 she flung the door open and I pushed the cart in. Again everyone stopped and stared.

The same guy said, “Hey Tiff!”

Tiff held her hand up in a stop sign and told him. “I don't know which one of you did it, but you ever call my girl here a “bitch” I will show you what it feels like to have your balls stuffed in your mouth. Now I am sorry to be so blunt but no one! I mean no one speaks about Beth like that. It’s also important that you guys keep your hands to yourself! No touching her without asking her first and I mean NONE! Don’t even try to shake her hand to you hear me?”

“Yeah, Yeah we got it, but why…..”

“Don’t worry about why, Just let her do her job and be done.”

I don't know what happened, but the next thing I knew the tears were falling down my face. I had never seen someone stand up for me.

Tiffany put her hand on my arm, “Come on girl lets get you cleaned up and home to your little man.”

I looked back to see them poking there heads out of the room as I walked down the hall. I had cleaned up, walked out of the bathroom and was grabbing my keys when I heard someone clear there voice behind. I turned to see Mr. Mathers.

“Um Hey, I just wanted to say sorry for yesterday. Sometimes my boyz don't think before they talk, and well shit I’m sorry if they were out of line. I’m sorry that I didn’t come speak to you earlier today.”

“It’s ok sir I am sorry I got so upset back there”, Beth said.

“No, no it’s not ok. I don't want you to think I let people treat my employees badly, and again I am sorry. Now don't let me keep you any longer I hear your man is waiting.”

I smiled, nodded and went home. I came back Monday and was not at work long when I heard the distinct voice of Mr. Mathers talking to Judy, “Hey Judy is that girl Beth working today?”

“Yes Mr. Mathers. Is there something wrong? Did she not do well this weekend?”

“No, No Judy she did great I would just like to speak to her that is all.”

“Oh ok Mr. Mathers let me find her. “

“Naw, just send her to the den when you see her. I am going to watch some TV.”

About 45 minuets later I came out of my hiding place hoping Judy would forget he wanted to talk to me, but of course she did not.
I walked in to the den and saw Mr. Mathers sleeping. At least I thought he was asleep. I just stood there for a few seconds. I never really noticed how handsome he was. He was wearing a white T-shirt, gray sweats and a black Nike hat. I was about to turn and leave when he spoke.

“Like what ya see?”

“Um what? No, Judy told me to come see you, but you were sleeping and…”

He started to laugh, “Calm down I was only joking.“

“Come have a seat. I wanted to talk to you.”

I sat down.

“Look Beth, I still feel really bad about the other day and I was hoping to take you out to lunch today to make up for it.”

“Oh no sir you don't have to do that.”

At that point I was really freaking out. I could not do this, not alone with him or any other male.

“No, no I insist it is the least I can do. Ya know, I know everyone who works here pretty well but, when you came in I had no idea who you were I had to ask Tiffany about that and I don't like that I did not know, so I told Judy already and all I need to do is grab my keys and wallet and we can be off.”

I never got a chance to argue with him, the next thing I new we were pulling in to a little sub place and I was trying not to panic and throw up all over his nice car. I shot him a confused face .

“Oh don't worry these guys love me. This is the only place in town I can eat in because they guard my being there with their life.”

A while later we were sitting in a booth eating subs and I was chanting in my head

(I can do this, I can do this , I can do this)

“So tell me about yourself did you grow up here? “

“No I said shyly. I’ve only lived here about three years Mr Mathers.”

“Um, please call me Marshall. No more Mr. Mathers.”

(Hmm that was weird I was pretty sure no one else called him Marshall that worked in the house )

“Oh! Um, ok Marshall,” I said while my face heated up.

“So why did you move here? “

I did not know what to say so I just spouted off with.

“Um, I needed a change. I didn’t like where I was living at the time and I wanted something better for my son.“

“You have a son?”

“Yeah his name is Jacob. He is two.”

“Wow so what does your husband do?”

“My what? Oh no, no I’m not married it’s just me and Jacob “

“Oh I thought yesterday Tiffany said ….”

“Yeah she calls Jacob my man”

“So where did you live before this?”

“um Florida “

“Is that where your family is from? “

“Well that is where I grew up. I don't have any family really, my parents passed when I was 19, and I was an only child.”

“Oh I see.”

The rest of lunch went really smooth. We talked about me and Jacob mostly and a little about his girls.

After that day Marshall started asking me to lunch once a week. We always went on a Monday and always to the same place. It got to the point where I was very comfortable around him. He started finding me when I was working to say hello and see how I was doing.

We had been doing that for about 6 weeks when I got sick, a really nasty case of the flu. I had gotten sick on Sunday night and come Monday I was trying really hard to take care of Jacob and not barf all over the place. Everything hurt even my hair.

It was about noon when someone knocked on my door. I was too sick, I wasn’t going to worry about it but the knocking got louder. I opened the door and standing there was Marshall, a worried look on his face, with about 6 bags in his arms.

“Oh wow you look like shit Beth.”

“Well thanks Marshall.” I said dryly

“What are you doing here?“

“Well, when Judy said you were sick and not coming in, I thought I better drop by. You know, don't want to miss lunch“, He said with a smile.

“Ugg!!! Don't talk about food. I will…. God, hold on.” and with that I was off to the bathroom. I was mortified, I had just barfed while he was here!

When I was done I walked out and there was Marshall with Jacob in his arms while taking all kinds of things out of the bags. He looked up when I walked in the room.

“Ok look here. I didn’t know what you needed, so I got you…lets see.”

“Kleenex, Vapor rub, pepto, anti barf stuff ,a heating pad , Night quill, Flu and cold pills, Gator aid, Ice pops , sprite and Ice cream. Oh and for lunch, I got you soup and a sandwich for me.”

He looked down at Jacob, “And for you little man, I got all these little graduate meals so why don't you tell Mom to get in the shower because, well she smells like barf. She needs it and you and I will get one of these ready “

I looked and Marshall and said “So is this your way of telling me I smell?“ I said blandly

“Well if the vomit smell fits then yes shorty, I do. Now go so me and little man here can talk man talk.”

Marshals POV

What was I doing?

I don't even know what came over me. I just know that when Judy told me Beth was sick I felt this over whelming need to make sure she was ok.

I don't know what had come over me the past few weeks but I was feeling really protective of her, she was so shy and fragile. She could not have been more than 5 foot 7 and a hundred pounds soaking wet. She had this long brown hair and these green eyes that were like emeralds when the sun hit them. Something about her screamed that she needed someone to protect her.

Over the last few weeks we had talked about everything, but she was hiding something. Every time I asked about Jacobs father she would just say he was not around.

The other thing that bothered me was my reaction to seeing her place, my first thought was that this was a bad part of town and how I needed to get her moved somewhere better. It had hit me like a ton of bricks why would I think that?

Now looking at this little boy sitting in my lap. I felt protective the second I saw him sitting on the floor. He looks just like his mother.

I don't know where these feelings were coming from. My life had changed so much in the last few years, the death of my best friend, going to rehab, getting back in the studio, and I had just released Recovery. Things were going good, the girls were getting older and things with Kim had calmed down. I really didn’t have a whole lot to do with her anymore. I still loved her, but I knew we were just not meant to be.

I don't think I’m meant to be in a relationship. I am just to god dam protective, controlling and not to mention jealous! Kim made it hard for me to ever trust another woman, that was for sure.

I would have to say that Beth was the first girl I had felt comfortable around in a long time. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Jacob fussing. I stood up to get one of his little meals when Beth walked in looking much better .

Beth’s POV

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Marshall standing there with Jacob getting his lunch ready. We sat in a comfortable silence while we ate. I thought for sure Marshall would leave after lunch, but he didn’t. He told me to go lay down and he would get Jacob down for a nap. The second my head hit the pillow I was out.

LATER THAT NIGHT...........

It was warm, comfortable, smelled really good and it was moving, Wait! What!
My eyes popped open it was dark. I tried to get my bearing. It almost knocked the breath out of me when I realized it was Marshall.

“How the HELL had he gotten…What the HELL…I snapped my head up and he groaned.
“Marshall,” I said, and shook him a bit “Wake up. Why are you here?”

“Shh…Beth go back to sleep, its late.” He said half awake

“Jacob? Where's Jacob? “

“He’s in Bed. Don't worry about it, he’s fine.” he said tiredly just go back to sleep ok. He pulled me to him, kissed my head and passed out.

(what the hell was that?)

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed and a thought that maybe it had all been a dream. A flu induced delusion, but when I walked out in to the kitchen all the stuff was still there with a note.

Beth
Sorry I did not want to wake you up I have to meet Dre at the studio if you need anything call me on my Cell the number is 555-0908. That is my personal number please do not give it out. I also told Judy you would not be in because I think you need another feel better and tell Jacob I said we will have another man talk soon.
Marshall
♠ ♠ ♠
comment for more