Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

Bitter Begininng.

When it comes to money, my family has always had it easier then just about every other family in District 11. From what I’ve been told, my father has always been an idealist but understood the limits so, when mayor Dagenham passed away my father was the natural replacement. My mother on the other hand didn’t have it so easy. She grew up in the poor side of the district. The reason she ways able to get out was because she won the Hunger Games when she was 18 years old. Till this day she’s still a crowd favorite. Sinestra: The Black Widow. For the most part she went it alone. Any allies she had she killed the moment it was convenient. But in the Wellwood household we don’t speak of that much.

From what I hear, after my mother won her games, she met my father and after rubbing elbows in the justice building for so long, they finally tied the knot. A year later they had me, followed by my little brother Talon and my little sister Willow.

When I woke up I knew today was not going to be a particularly good day. Mostly because I awoke to silence. Which isn’t bad but rarely happens when you share a room with a 12 year old and when it happens something usually is wrong. I sat up in my bed. The chill hits me like a brick. I wished I could have a couple more hours of rest. But I knew it was time to get going. I yawned and stretched and looked down and noticed the clothes at the end of my bed. Clothes my brother will probably one day wear. Well, if he could fill it out. Talon is a lot tinnier then I was when I was 12.
I jump out of bed and make a beeline to the bath. I get washed quickly and change into the clothes at the end of my bed. A button up, slacks and dress shoes. Normally I would never wear something like this, never something so formal. When I get down the stairs, I see my father, in a pearl gray suit; with premature graying in his light hair and a hunch in his shoulders. For the most part I don’t really look like my dad. We have the same honey brown eyes and I’m built like him. Tall and toned but I mostly look like my mother. My siblings look more like my father.
“Abram, you need to eat or we’ll be late and fix your hair!” he said exasperated.
I grab my little sister, Willow, who was running around (probably why my dad’s so stressed) into my arms and twirl us around until she can’t stop giggling.
“G’moring, Sissy!” I say smiling
“Abram!” she says before she goes into a fit of giggles. Her two front teeth are missing.
I set her down in a chair and sit right next to her. My little brother, Talon walks in and sits across from us. My old clothes are a little baggy on him but he still looks fine.
“Hey” he says softly, whipping the sleep from his eyes. Talon doesn’t look like he got any rest. Must be scared. My dad sets food on the table, Eggs and toast, and sits right across from me.
“Eat quick. We got to go.”
“Not hungry…” Talon says.
“Nervous?” I ask while digging in. He looks down at his lap, a green tint on his cheeks.
“You wont get picked.” My dad says simply while placing a napkin on his lap.
“IT’S NOT ME IM WORRIED ABOUT!” he blurts out. The room fills with silence, Talon blushes (I don’t think he meant for it to come out so loud.) and we all stare at him.
“Is there a girl your worried about?” I ask mischievously. Typical big brother, I know, but I can’t help but make fun of him a little.
“NO! It’s you, actually!”
“What?” a smile creeping on my face. He can’t be serious! Me? Talon and I are the least likely boys to ever get picked and everyone in the district knows this. His eyes well up with tears and he crosses his arms against his chest. ‘Guess not…’ I thought.
“You’re name is in 4 times!”
“Yeah, and there are thousand’s of slips. Some kids have 40 with their name’s on them.”
“I just have a bad feeling…” I roll my eyes.
“Well, I hope your wrong.” I say matter of factly. The rest of the meal was silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just setting everything up. Nbd.
xo, Jessie