Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

The Chase Pt One.

After cleaning up Roy's cut and wrapping it in a scrap of cloth I ripped from my shirt, I decided it was best if we kept moving. The capitol was probably getting a serious kick out of this because, Roy and Rosemary look like little chicks following the mother hen...
Although, Roy was a new ally its safe to say he didn't particularly like ether of us. Rosemary would try to talk to him but he would shut down any conversation she tried to make and glared at me whenever I said we should do something, even if it was something as minor as stopping to take a break or eating. I'm not going to lie I considered killing him several times sense we picked him up. He wasn't doing me any favors and unlike Rosemary, I didn't even like him, but for some reason, I kept convincing myself to let him live...

It stayed like this, us three walking north, for a few days. No other tributes have died yet. We were able to hunt for food easily but The fact that we haven't found water yet was really bugging me. Especially, because we only had two water bottles and three people...

I stopped walking, Roy and Rosemary running into me, on both of my sides. "What, what is it?" Roy said trying to sound tough but I could hear his voice shaking.
"Change of plans," I mumble, turning around, looking down at them. "We've been walking in this direction for three days now and haven't found any water. I think our best chance is to go back and look in the rubble mountains."
"Okay." Rosemary nodded.
"No!" Roy said. "It's dangerous in there."
"Well, do you have any other plans?" I asked lifting my eyebrow.
"We keep walking north, it's safer this way."
"But if we keep walking this way, the gamekeepers will try to force us the other way, right?" Rosemary asked. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. It would be more dangerous to go back but it is still dangerous to go north.
"Yeah, Rose is right. We need to got back."
"B-but"
"No one is forcing you to stay with us. You can go north if you want. Come on, Rose." I said feeling irritable from the heat, as we began walking back. Besides, the quiet crunching of our boots on the grass and rubble, there was no sign of Roy following us, that is till I heard his running towards us...I sigh, just when I thought we got rid of him, He comes running back...A little to quickly. I turn around just in time, I grab his wrist, twisting it and digging into the skin, He drops the knife in his hand with a small squeal of pain. I push his arm and he falls forward.
"Go north." I say through gritted teeth "Don't follow us."
"Your not going to kill me?" He asks, sounding shocked.
"Your not worth it." I say. I turn around and start walking South, Rosemary follows. "That was a bit harsh." Rosemary says softly, by my side. "I know" I say quietly, feeling slightly bad for my actions. "But it was kinder then killing him." She says smoothly. I mess up her hair and smile down at her.

Its safe to say we got lost a few times, One moment we're going south, then west, then east. After a while, we decided to just take a break. Rosemary took a nap, while I cooked up some of the rabbit we caught earlier that day. Besides, her soft breathing it was quiet, How far out are we? We need to find our way back before we run out of water...
I hear a scream and then a canon went off, it sends chills down my spin, I shake rosemary awake. "Lets go, grab you stuff." I say quickly. I wrap the rabbit in some of the leaves we saved on the first night. Rosemary grabbed both are backpacks, handing me my own.
We left the sight in a matter of seconds...We ran for a few good minutes, when, she caught up with us. The girl from five ran in our direction, running into me, making us both fall. I go to grab for my swords but shes already getting up. "Run!" She screams, and we do just that, we ran and ran till the beast that where chasing the girl from five where chasing us...
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie