Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

The Chase Pt. Two.

We ran and ran as fast as we could, I only dared to look back once, to see them. Big bear like creatures, with a inky black coat and eyes a dark shade of red. The shade of red matching the blood on their teeth and claws...
Rosemary was slowing down, I grabbed her wrist, pulling her with me. Forcing my self to run faster, for both of us. Running at random, trees and rocks blurring together.

With lungs on fire, we caught up to the girl from five. Shes been running a lot longer then us and naturally more sluggish. I don't look back as I hear her scream and the second cannon goes off...

Rosemary tripped, splitting her leg open, without hesitation I pick her up, Piggy back style. "Hang on!" I gag out, my mouth to dry to even say those simple words. She wraps her arms around my neck, her legs around my waist and buries he face in my shoulder before I keep running.

These mutts were determined to get us, it wasn't long before they caught up with us again, I could practically feel them breathing. But I still ran. Not even thinking about my own breathing, how painful this is or even which way to go. I just kept repeating "Faster, faster." In my head, demanding my feet keep moving...

One of the mutts caught my elbow with its claw, slicing it open, I staggered to the right a bit but I didn't look back, that's when I saw it. A branch hanging over a small valley, if the mutts tried to climb it, it would break, but Me and Rosemary could probably make it...

I sprint a little faster, this is it, the finally leg of the race. I run, picking up as much momentum as I can and right when I reach the edge of the cliff, I swing forward jumping towards the branch...
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie