Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

Pain.

By the very tips of my finger, I catch the branch, Hanging on with dear life. "Climb." I gasp. Rosemary, unwraps herself from my back, and climbs up onto the branch, quickly.
I swing myself up, awkwardly, my fingers riddled with splinters. I look over towards the side of the valley we were just on. The mutts growling and licking their lips at us, but not daring to jump over. I sigh with a bit of relief.
We climb down, the moment my feet hit the grass, my legs give out and I fall to my knees, With my arms holding me up in the position I'm in, I sit there for a few minutes, with every dry breath I suck in, I feel as if I'm going to throw up.
Rosemary comes over and sits awkwardly in front of me. Her leg has a deep gash in it, but I can't even move let alone help her right now.
I look down at my hands, nestled in dirt and grass, I see drops of water falling in between them. That's when I realized I was crying.
Rosemary touches my face with her small child like hand, lifting it up so I could look her in the eyes. She wipes away the tears like I did for her the first day in the arena.
"I let them die." I gasp. Rosemary gives me a questioning look but doesn't sat anything. "The girl from five a-and R-roy." I said, more tears spilling out of my eyes. My heart aching with ever beat, pounding away against my rib cage. "He trusted me enough to follow me for three days and I just left him." I said, the few tears becoming more like rivers, flooding my eyes. "And the g-girl, she didn't try to kill us..." I began but lost my breath, Rosemary just sat there, wiping away the tears on my face till there was none left.
"Its not your fault." She says smoothly. I take a few more breaths, to exhausted to say anything in response.
"Your arm." She says after awhile, pointing to the blood stained sleeve on my left, "We need to fix you up." She says as she begins to grab for it. "No, it's not as bad as you leg. We can start there and then my arm." I said, leaning back against the tree. She gives me a hesitant nod. I look up to the sky, hoping for a sponsor gift and if on command, one fell from the sky. It was smaller then the last gift. I opened it up quickly, there was a small jar of ointment and bandage wraps. I give the most handsome smile I can, up towards the sun and mumble a small, "Thank you."

I use some of our water to clean the blood off her wound, then use the ointment and finish off with wrapping it up. She gives me a small smile and began to help me with the gash on my elbow when I hear a blood curtailing crunch....
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie