Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

Torture Pt. Two.

Rosemary is standing above me. In between the beast from district 7 and I. I can hardly see her with the tears in my eyes. But I know its her. With the little adrenaline I have, I quickly push myself up, grabbing the knife from her hand and throwing it at the boy, hitting him in the neck. He makes a choking sound and falls, a canon goes off.
Rosemary falls into me. He small body wrapped in my arms. The ax that was suppose to kill me, wedged deep into her chest. She reaches up, her small hand on my cheek. "You were suppose to run." I mumble. She gives me a small nod as she says "I know."
We sat like that, my tears falling on her face, for awhile, till she chokes out her last breath. A cannon goes off...

Slowly, I set her down in the grass, I close her eyes and set her arms on both her sides. Too weak to pull out the ax, I leave it there. I take out everything in her backpack and put it in mine. I sling the backpack on my shoulder and with one last look, I mumble a "Sorry." I limp away...

My head feels do dizzy and my eyes so tired. I wouldn't be surprised if I've been walking around in circles for what feels like hours now...My knee aching so bad I need to stop. I find a tree to lean on and I pull the leg of my pants up to look at me knee. Its a dark black in the center, where my kneecap should be. It starts fading out till it reaches a ruby red. on the side, where my knee cap is awkwardly sitting. Its just a dislocation. I think hoping I will calm myself down but still feeling sick just looking at it. I grab my knee and with a small grunt push the knee cap into place. The pain so sicking I lean over and throw up in a bush.

I wipe off my mouth, wrap my leg in the bandage wrap and keep limping on not even concerned for my other injuries.. "Water" I mumble. "I need to find water." I look around until I see it... Its small, so small it could be a mirage. A small little stream in front of me, I limp forward, so happy for finding a water source and so sick from the pain that I don't notice the incline I was on, I trip and roll down, hitting rocks and branches and the solid packed dirt beneath me.

Every part of my body aches. My knee, my elbow, my chin and my back so painful it feels like a white hot poker, pressing down on me. I threw up again. I feel my forehead and hair getting soaked with water. I laid face down in the dirt, so close to the water but feeling so far away, unable to move...

Is this how I'm going to die? This pathetic, really. I imagine my family watching this at home. "I'm sorry." I whisper so quietly, I'm sure no one could possible hear. I hope death is quick, I cant take this anymore. I thought. With inches away from death, I take a few ragged breaths and the last thing I heard was a canon going off...
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie