Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

A Precious Gem.

When Orion, Ciaus, Althea (the district 2 girl) and Marcoh (the district 4 boy) weren't looking I ran towards where I heard the screams coming from. My bow and a arrow ready for anything in my hand. I followed the trail those big brutes left. We been hunting them for days now...Well, for the most part. The boys have been trying to find Abram but I've been trying to keep them focused on anyone else.

I stealthy ran in the direction of broken branches and large foot prints till I found them. The boy from district 7 with a knife in his neck and the little girl from 11, Rosemary.
I only knew her name because she was always with Abram...Abram! I needed to find him! I began to run in the direction I believed he went but I heard a crunching sound from my right, I turned around to see the girl from 7 running towards me with a ax, identical to the one the boy from 7 had. I pulled on the bows string, letting the arrow fly and hit her in the forehead. She fell back and I left the scene before the canon went off.

I ran off, I could see traces of blood. He's bleeding? That means he could be dying. "Abram!" I screamed, tears falling down my face as I ran steadily forward. I was so panicked I almost missed him. He was lying face down by a small stream of water. I slid down the small incline and feel down next to him, pushing him to lay on his back, I lean down, my ear next to his chest, I can hear the weak pounding of his heart. I grabbed a water bottle from my pack and dumped some water on his face, I didn't trust the stream water. He gave a weak cough and I sighed in relief, hes still alive!

Without hesitation, I warped his arm around my shoulders, picking him up and we began moving forward. I left the pack of careers, my brother, everything I knew and my chance for survival for this stupid, handsome, charming, wonderful boy from district 11...
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie