Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

Champion.

I walked towards the mines, I didn't stop for anything. Not the cut on my temple, the exhaustion I was feeling, or the thoughts of those who died...

I needed to go home. I missed my friends, Liv, Talon, Willow, my father, even my mother. I missed my room, the smell of the apple trees, I missed my life before this mess. I'm going home no matter what...

I made my way towards the mines and the cornucopia, they have to be around here. Ciaus and Orion. I smirked when thinking about their reaction when they realize I'm still alive.

"Attention champions. As there are only three of you left. We decided to give you one last gift. There will be a feast at the cornucopia starting in the next 10 minutes. You better hurry and may the odds be ever in your favor."

In the next 10 minutes? That must mean their closer then I thought. The capitol must be ready to end this as well. I quietly made my way to the cornucopia, hiding behind one the few trees, I could see the so called "Feast", a piece of moldy bread. My heart beat uncontrollably and it wasn't long before Ciaus and Orion bursted out from behind the cornucopia, gasping looking in every direction. looking for me.

It was now or never, with a deep breath I threw a knife Ciaus, hitting him in the shoulder, He stumbled backwards but pulled it out with gritted teeth. I threw another hitting Orion in the foot. He made a painful sounding groan and with this chance I ran towards them. I swung my swords, swinging them in front of me, blocking the knifes thrown at me. I threw one of the swords at Ciaus, it grazed his side but missed any kill shots. Before, I could do anything he tackled me, sending me to the ground, but unlike last time I was put in this situation I was prepared. I put my knee up, kicking him over me. I pushed myself up quicker then he could and while still on his knees, I stabbed him in the stomach, ending his life.

My sword was caught to deep in Ciaus stomach for me to pull out in time. By the time I was finished with Ciaus, Orion already had the knife deeply wedged in his foot pulled out and had his mace in his hand. A mace, really?
He swung it at hitting me stomach, pulling skin with it, my guts falling out into the open. I clutched on to my stomach with one hand as he swung backwards about to hit me again, I tackled him, the mace falling out of his hand, Him being bigger then me, he had no problem, turning us, so I was at the bottom, He went to grab for the mace, but something Roy said the first time I spoke too him stuck out to me, "I hit him over the head with a rock..."

I suppose luck, or fate or whatever the powers that be was really on my side because next to use was a large brick from the mines, Without thinking, I grabbed it, hitting him as hard as I could over the head, I pushed up, so I was sitting on top, but my lack of balance at the moment got the better of me and we began to roll down through the rubble and down towards the mine shafts. I pushed myself on top again, my insides exploding out, blood everywhere. I was feeling nauseous just at the sight, let alone the pain, but this was going to end on my terms. I hit him in the spot that was already starting to bruise from where I hit him the first time. Again and again. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 times. Clutching onto his jacket with my other hand. Hitting him harder every time, till the canon finally went off...

I got off of him, sloppily holding onto my insides, taking a few dizzying steps back and tired to suck in as much air as I could. My hands covered in blood, whether it was my own or his I wasn't sure...

"Congratulations, Abram Wellwood of district 11. The 69th winner of the Hunger Games!" I heard of the sounds of cheering, before I fell and everything went black...
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie