Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

Bed Rest & Reunions.

I woke up with a jolt, my eyes wide open. I blink a few times, the blinding white lights straining my eyes.

I look around, I'm lying down in a bed, I have a I.V hooked up to my arm. and tubs in my nose, helping me breath. I sit there for a few moments. To tired to even try to get up. The door opens up and two women walk in. One is Avox and the other is my mother.
"Mom!" I gasp.
"Abram." She says softly. She quickly walks over and sits on the side of the bed. I grab both of her hands in one of mine, Smiling weakly up at her.
"Sweetheart, you did it." She said. The Avox woman took my blood pressure and changed the bag of liquids in which my I.V was attached to.

Tears start falling down my face when thinking about the games, I sit up as I start to gag. The avox woman hands me a bucket just in time, before I throw up.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I whimper.
"Its O.k, sweetheart. Its going to be alright." She says stroking my hair as I lean back into my pillow. "You'll be home soon. It's all going to be alright..."

The next few days went something like that. I would wake up, try to eat and then throw it back up. Every time, it got less and less and before I knew it I could hold it all in better. I was a nervous wreck for the first two weeks, I would constantly have bad dreams about my time in the arena (Which would result in me getting sick) and I would randomly start crying in mid conversation. I was a broken little boy. but by the third week, I was surprised to see that I had zero scars, the pain no loner there, however still feeling weak.

My mother visited me a lot, she was the only one who could because she wasn't my mentor. Everyone else would be revealed later, when the cameras where on.

It wasn't till the fourth week in the hospital when I was able to leave. I woke up to an outfit at the end of my bed. It was a blue-grey button up, a pair of black slacks that were pretty tight, and sneakers. I got dressed quickly, I was shocked to see that all my muscles where back. What did they do to me? I wasn't a starving weak boy anymore, but I was still damaged...

I left the room and quickly found Perprismia, Oswald, my mother and Chaff all waiting for me. I walked as fast as I could, surprised by my speed. Perprismia was the first one I hugged, she gave me a kiss on the forehead. Oswald gave me a strong hand shake, tears falling down his face and then I turned to Chaff, with a a booming laugh he practically picked me up, giving me a brotherly embrace, which included a few strong pats on the back.

My mother wrapped her arms around me as we began walking. Perprismia was telling me how I needed to have another makeover and get dressed again before tonight's ceremonies. I wasn't really listening though, I was just glad that things where starting to go back to normal...
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie