Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

Rest.

“Here we are” Oswald says nervously when we reach my room. It was very large and plush. I even have my own bathroom. I nod and examine the room a little more closely.
“Do what every you like just be ready for dinner in a few hours.”
I nod again and mumble “shower” and walk into my bathroom without another word.
I take a steaming hot shower. I quietly clean up, using the many different soaps but then anger rips threw me like a wild fire. I’m so furious at the fact I’m even in the Hunger games, at Liv for not ever talking to me and then suddenly kissing me out of the blue, Rosemary and her mother, my dad and mostly my mother. I know it must have looked bad the way I shouted at her but it was too much to deal with. Being so distant all my life and then coddling me only days before my inevitable death. I can’t handle it. My tears finally flow completely free from my eyes. I don’t know how long I sat down in the shower but it must have been at least an hour of crying. I sobbed until I simply couldn’t anymore.

After I took a shower I got changed out of my reaping clothes and into a navy sweater, white shirt and black pants. I decided to just go barefoot for the remainder of the ride. My hair, instead of combed back was now in my face. I didn’t have a single thought in my head, it was completely empty. I laid in my king sized bed, nestling into the soft, warm blankets. I welcomed sleep like an old friend. It was a dreamless sleep. Warm and sweet and it felt like only moments later when Oswald came to beckon me for dinner and I followed him.

Everyone was waiting for us at the table when we arrived. I sat between Oswald and Seeder. I didn’t dare look at my mother.
“So, Abram,” Chaff starts, “I was thinking, you would be perfect for the cocky and sexy-and-I-know-it type. Your handsome and smart enough to get away with it and the girls will find it hot.” He’s grinning, and I smile a little. I liked his style immediately. “As long as I get plenty of sponsors.”
“Oh, you will. Can you fight?”
“Relatively.”
“Bow and arrows?”
“Duel swords, actually.”
“Are you a fast runner?”
“I’m not shabby.”
“Have any hunting skills? Can you fight hand to hand?”
“Yes and yes.”
“Excellent!” he booms. “Something I can work with!” I smile.
“What about you, Rosemary? Do you have a plan?” Oswald asks.
“No, not yet.” She mumbles.
“I think it would be wise to play up how young you are.” My mother says crisply.
I glare at my food. Although, I come from a better off household then most, I’ve never had food quite like this. 6 course’s richer and more delicious then the last. I eat as much as I can while being well mannered. The rest of the dinner was mostly small talk, which I didn’t really add too.

After we ate, Oswald insisted on watching the re-plays of today’s reapings while eating dessert (huge bowl’s of ice cream). This cheered Rosemary up a bit. We all sat on the big coaches in front of the T.V. No one is practically noticeable at least not in my opinion. The ones that did catch my eye where: the brother and sister from district one, the boy from two who had a lethal look in his eye and both district seven tributes who both were massive and could snap my neck without even trying. They showed District 11. Rosemary with her pigtails, reaching the stage looking absolutely frightened. Then my name was called and with slight hesitation I head towards the stage, Willow shouting and pleading, me pushing her away and my mother. She didn’t even flinch. The capitol host’s mention who my mother is and makes the announcement to all of Panem that I’m the one to watch out for. They even show me boarding the train. Chaff nudges me in ribs and says, “the bets are already on you.” I grin. And then they show district twelve. The girl tribute looked about 17, and the boy was about 14, he had a stubborn look on his face that reminds me of Willow.

After we watched the reaping, Oswald sent us to our rooms. I said goodnight to everyone except my mother. I got to my bedroom and pulled of my pants, and sweater. Leaving my boxers and shirt on and climbed into my bed. Sleep followed quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie