Status: On hold for the most part cause I'm going out of town and what not.

Submission

Chapter 1

I'm nineteen and I still haven't found my mate yet. Not that I was desperate or anything. But being in the heat sucks. Especially if you only live with your father who does not know the pain of being in the heat.

My mother died when she was giving birth to my still born sister. Yeah, it was really hard on my dad. I didn't know her that well, I was only two at the time. And if it was hard on me, I don't remember.

And my older sister being married already, she wasn't hear to help me with my heat so I just sat in my room withering in pain. And the heat last for a whole week and came every month.

It was like a second period.

According to my doctor, who is the pack doctor, being accepted by a mate lessens the frequencies of going into the heat. Depending on how much time you spend together.
I don't even have a mate to accept.

Another suggestion was to go away from wolves for a while. A female wolf goes into the heat to try and attract her male counterpart. Being with a lot of humans and no wolves decreases the female wolves want to find her mate. Which means no more heat. I totally jumped for that.

"Krissy," I turned to see my father at the door. "Alpha Hearth wishes to see you farewell."

I followed him downstairs to see the alpha family in the living room.

"Krissy," the Luna said, "I hear you've gotten sick of us."

I let out a short laugh, "I'm not leaving forever."

"She"s got her mothers sense of adventure," my father replied.

"I hope you are able to find your mate on your adventure," Alpha Hearth said. It is not common for wolves to mate outside of their pack, but it has happened.

"That's not why I'm takin the trip, sir," I replied curtly.

"Krissy here is more of a solo flier, her mate is going to have some trouble."

"The boys around here have enough trouble trying to spark a conversation," the Luna replied.
Then she turned to her son, "Jake why don't you help Krissy finish packing."

Jake shrugged but followed me up the stairs.

"So you're going away," he said awkwardly. I nodded my head. "And you're not going to find a mate."

"Yep," I said popping the "p".

"Don't you wanna know who he is?"

I shrugged. "I heard that after you find your mate and accept them. All you wanna do is have sex. Then you mate. And then you just want more sex."

"Not a fan of sex?" Jake asked awkwardly.

"I just don't wanna do it twenty four seven."

"You won't be saying that after you have it."

"So you've had sex before?"

Jake blushed, "No, but everyone talks to me about it."

I rolled my eyes, "of course, you being future alpha have to fuck the shit out of your mate to make sure you have a baby with the alpha gene."

"That's one way to put it. How long you gonna be gone?"

"Why? You gonna miss me?" I teased. Being two years older than Jake, we didn't hang out that much. But being daughter of the Beta meant I had to go to the boring meeting and gatherings with the alpha family.

"If I say yes will you stay?"

"No."

"Damn. It was worth the try."

"I'll be gone for a year or three."

"Come back in two," he replied.

"I want you to bask in my manly alphaness," he replied puffing out his chest.

I grimaced. "Maybe not then."

"You wound me women."

"Save it for your mate."
♠ ♠ ♠
i decided. this is going to be made of short chapters