Status: Completed 2/16/2013

Love Will Save You

You're Just A Daydream Away

-Melanie-

"Mel, I swear to God, if you don't get down here right now, we're not gonna get front row!" I heard my best friend yell from downstairs. "I'm coming, I'm coming! Keep your shorts on." It was only 4 hours before the show, but we wanted to make sure we were first in line. "Jesus, Danielle. Could you be any louder?" I joked. She took a breath and I yelled, "I was kidding! I know you can be louder." "You just wait until Hot Chelle Rae walks onto that stage. You haven't heard loud until you hear the screams of hundreds of girls wanting in those boys' pants," Danielle said. I sighed, "Yeah.. Come on! Let's go before someone gets first in line!"

To be honest, I would love nothing more than to call Ryan Keith Follese my boyfriend. And before you start jumping to conclusions, it's not because he's hot. Well, it is a little, but that's not all of the reason. I don't really know how to explain it, actually. You know when people say they listen to a song and they just instantly feel happy? That's how I feel when I listen to Ryan's voice. He could be singing about a rotten apple and I would still think it was the best song ever.

"What are you thinking about?" Danielle asked as she parked her car in the venue's parking lot. I shook my head and smiled, "Nothing. Just about how excited I am." She raised her eyebrow at me, "Uh huh." I unbuckled my seatbelt and pushed the car door open, "Let's go! I see someone else pulling up!" She did the same and we ran over to the doors. "First in line!" I yelled, high-fiving Danielle. We laughed until we saw who got out of the car we just saw pull in. "Oh, dear God. Could she look any more like a hooker?" Danielle asked. You didn't need to look at Danielle's expression to know she was disgusted. "Seriously," I agreed. "This is a concert, not a strip club."

Sarah Alexis Miller. She's basically the most popular girl in our city. And by popular, I mean she's slept with nearly every boy willing to throw himself at her. Her dad owns this insanely popular business that I forget the name of, so she's also filthy rich. Now, it may seem like I'm jealous of her, but believe me, I'm not. If I was jealous of her for anything, it'd be that she's got money. And a lot of it.

"Like what you see?" she smirked. "What's with the outfit? Halloween was in October," Danielle said. "Then why are you dressed like a bum?" Danielle started moving toward Sarah, but I grabbed her arm, holding her back beside me. She looked at me and I raised my eyebrow at her. She sighed and then relaxed herself. I still didn't let go of her though. I know her all too well. The second I let go, she sprints toward Sarah and we can say goodbye to front row and hello to the police station.

Sarah just smirked again and walked in front of us, stopping at the door. "Um, what do you think you're doing?" Danielle asked, getting irritated. "I think I'm standing in line to see Hot Chelle Rae."

"Wow, you're going to wait in line for four hours?" Sarah laughed, "Of course not, idiot." She knocked on the door and when it opened, she showed the guy what I'm guessing what some sort of I.D. and he let her in. "See you freaks in four hours," she winked and stepped in the door as the guy closed it behind her. "Bitch," Danielle mumbled under her breath. I finally let go of her arm before talking, "You know she's not worth the police report." Danielle smiled and chuckled lightly, "Yeah. I could never survive prison anyway."

Three and a half hours later, we were allowed to go inside. After getting a bracelet put on our wrists, Danielle and I ran straight to center stage. And, of course, Sarah was standing there putting on what I'm fairly certain was the tenth coat of lip gloss. She closed her mirror and put it back into her purse and said, "And what might you be doing here?" "I might be getting ready to see Hot Chelle Rae perform, I don't know," I replied, not bothering to look at her. "So, I heard you have this thing for the lead singer," Sarah said. I just rolled my eyes and nodded. "Well, back off. He's mine." I stifled a laugh, "Just like every other guy you look at." She started to walk away when she said over her shoulder, "At least I have a better shot than you do."

I turned to watch her walk over to buy a drink, then turned back to the stage. "Don't worry about her," Danielle said, "Ryan totally wouldn't go for a girl like her." I just sighed and waited for the concert to start.

-Ryan-

"Ryan, hurry up! We go on stage in half an hour!" I heard my brother yell from outside the bathroom door. "Jamie, there is only a piece of wood the width of a CD case between us. You don't need to yell," I said as I opened the door. "Looking good for the ladies takes time." "Ryan, you could go out there dressed as a hobo and they would still think you were the hottest guy they've ever seen," Jamie said. "They would, wouldn't they?" I smirked. Jamie rolled his eyes and walked off the bus, "Come on. Everyone's looking for you."

"No worries! The party has arrived," I announced as I entered the venue we were playing at. "Where have you been? We go on in 25 minutes!" Ian said. "He was getting prettied up," Jamie replied, rolling his eyes. "The fame is going to your head, man," Nash laughed. "Whatever, let's just get this party started!" I said, hitting Nash's arm.

After we were done warming up and whatnot, we all huddled together for our pre-show prayer. When we all pulled away, we walked over to stand at the edge of the stage. The room went black, and we all ran to our places. To be honest, I don't know how none of us tripped on anything. I took a deep breath before I started singing, "Honestly, why are my clothes out on the street?" The venue erupted into screams as the lights turned on when I started the second line, "Honestly, I think you have lost your mind."

"Honestly, I just don't care." The crowd screamed again as I finished the last line and looked around. "Well, look at all these beautiful people! How are you all doing, tonight?" They screamed once again and I continued, "Well, thank you for having us and we hope you enjoy the show." I smiled and took another breath before starting to sing again. About an hour and a half later, we finished our set off with Tonight Tonight and ran off stage for the meet and greet.

-Melanie-

We were all waiting for the security guard to open the door for the meet and greet. Before he opened the door, he counted off 10 people including myself, Danielle, Sarah, and seven others and said, "You guys, go in first." I squealed in excitement before stepping through the door. I saw the table where Jamie, Nash, and Ian were sitting, frowning when I didn't see Ryan.

The next thing I knew, Sarah pushed back on my shoulder before hissing, "Get out of my way, freak." I lost my balance and started to fall backwards when I was caught by someone standing behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "A Daydream Away" by All Time Low