Status: Completed 2/16/2013

Love Will Save You

I Can't Deny These Feelings Any Longer

-Melanie-

Jamie and I didn't bother to try going back to sleep, so we just stayed up, eating Lucky Charms and Reese's until we'd eaten them all. Jamie was nice enough to share his Reese's when I ran out of cereal. We talked about completely random stuff, and even things that were more serious. That's what I love about Jamie. Aside from being like the protective older brother I've never had, he can go from being funny to being serious and back in a matter of seconds.

It was about 11am and we were in the middle of one of our funny conversations when Ian and Nash's bedroom door opened, and Nash was dragging his feet across the floor. "Oh, hey, guys," he said quietly. "How's your hangover?" I asked, trying not to laugh. He just mumbled incoherently, walking over to the fridge and taking out a carton of orange juice. He didn't take out a cup before he unscrewed the cap on the carton and I could tell he wasn't planning on getting one either. "Nash," I said, making him stop and look over at me. "Melanie," he said, copying my tone. "Danielle's already pissed at you for almost throwing up everywhere yesterday. Are you really willing to risk the possibility that she may forgive you today?" "I'm sure it wasn't that bad," he said, rolling his eyes. "Dude, she called you Nash," Jamie chuckled. "Oh.." he stuck out his bottom lip and sighed, putting the orange juice back in the fridge, "I guess not then." I laughed, "I didn't say you couldn't drink it. Just get a cup from the cabinet." "But I don't wanna." "What if I got it for you?" "Would you?" he asked, seemingly shocked. "Yeah, come sit," I said, patting the spot next to me and standing up, walking past him and to the fridge. I got a cup from the cabinet and poured some orange juice into it, also taking out a couple aspirin and carrying them back over to the couch. "Here's your orange juice and a some aspirin to help the hangover," I said, handing them to Nash and sitting back down between him and Jamie. "Thanks, Mel," Nash said, swallowing the pills and rubbing his head. "You're welcome, Nash. Just don't make it a habit. I seriously thought Danielle was gonna kill you yesterday," I chuckled.

"You thought Danielle was gonna do what yesterday?" Danielle mumbled, rubbing her eyes as she walked out of Jamie and Ryan's room. "Kill Nash," I replied. "Oh, right," she said, walking toward the couch. Nash jumped up and pulled her into a hug. She tensed up and I smiled, "He's sober." "Oh," she said simply before relaxing and hugging him back. "I'm sorry you had to deal with that," Nash said when he pulled away, looking at her. "Don't say sorry, cause I know you're gonna do it again. I didn't have to deal with you anyway," she mumbled. "Then why did you?" "I told you. Someone's gotta take care of you," she rolled her eyes, but smiled. He stuck his bottom lip out again and she giggled, wrapping her arms around his waist and laying her head on his chest, "Stop. You know I love you, Nashy." He laughed and hugged her tightly before she let go, trotting over to Jamie and plopping down on his lap. "Is there any reason for sitting on me?" he asked, laughing. "You're comfortable and I like to sit on people," she replied.

Nash sat back down beside me and Danielle laid down on top of us, laying her head on the armrest. "Why do your feet have to be in my lap?" Nash whined. "Shh! Don't say that word around Jamie! He might throw a fit," she whispered. Jamie looked down at her and laughed, "I'm right here." She moved her hand in front of her eyes, "Where? I don't see you." "That didn't work the first time you did it," he chuckled, taking her hand in his and moving it away from her face, "and it's not gonna work now." She frowned and he bent down and kissed her.

"Ew, get a room," Ryan said, walking out of his room. "Okay," Jamie said, picking Danielle up and carrying her toward his room. "Jamie!" she squeaked. "What? He told us to get a room!" "Help! I'm being kidnapped! Melanie! I love you! Don't forget me!" "What about me?" Nash frowned. "I love you, too, Nashy." "Hey!" Ryan yelled. "You too, Ry! And Ian. And Maggie. And anyone else I'm forgetting!"

"So, anyway," I said, laughing, "What are we doing today?" "Well, the band has soundcheck at 10 tonight, but I don't think we have anything planned," Ryan said. "Maybe we could just hang out until this headache goes away," Nash said. "It's not our fault you drink too much, Overstreet," Ian laughed as he walked out of his room. "Maggie still sleeping?" I asked. "Nah, she's just in the bathroom. Doing whatever you girls do in there," he replied.

-Danielle-

*Skipping to that night, because the day was really boring*

"Melanie, I've told you five million times. You look absolutely gorgeous," I said as I rolled my eyes. "First of all, no, I don't. Secondly, that doesn't change how nervous I am," she rushed. "Melanie! All we have to do is go there, look pretty, watch the band perform, and kiss Ryan and Jamie at midnight. That's it! You're never nervous! What is wrong with you?" "I don't know. This is pretty public. We haven't really gone out too much with the guys. What if people say things again?" she mumbled the last sentence. I sighed, "If anyone says anything, I'll kick their ass." "You can't kick anyone's ass in that dress," she smirked. I pointed my finger at her as I slipped on my coat and smiled, "Don't doubt me."

We walked out of the room we were getting dressed in and the band was all ready to go. "Why are you wearing your coats?" Ryan whined. "We wanna see your dresses!" Nash added. "Not yet," I smirked. "Yup, they're a surprise," Melanie smiled. "Please?" Jamie begged. "Nope," Melanie and I said together. Ian just laughed, pushing Ryan, Nash, and Jamie out the door, "Come on, guys. We've got soundcheck. Besides, you know they're not gonna show you until they're ready anyway." "And this is why we love you, Ian," I laughed and we all walked out the door. "My pleasure," he chuckled, "And don't worry. If your dresses are anything like what we can already see, you're going to look stunning." "Stop hitting on us, Keaggy. I might tell Maggie on you," Melanie teased. "Alright, alright," he sighed dramatically.

We listened to the guys' soundcheck and Melanie suddenly said, "How do you feel about Jamie?" "What do you mean 'how do I feel about Jamie'?" I asked. "Do you, you know, love him?" "Well, yeah. Of course I do." "No, I mean like, love him," she said, holding out the 'o' in 'love'. "Oh.. Um.. Yeah.. But he probably doesn't feel the same way," I shrugged, looking down and playing with my bracelets. "Why don't you tell him?" she asked. "I want to. But what if I do and he doesn't feel the same way? At least not yet. It's only been five months. I shouldn't love someone this much, this fast," I trailed off. She nodded, but didn't say anything.

"Why are you asking anyway?" "I know your history with guys, and I can tell by the way you look at Jamie that you're in love with him. You've never looked at a guy the way you look at him," she said, nodding her head toward Jamie as he was drumming. "How long was it before you and Ryan told each other you loved each other?" I asked. "Three months," she answered simply. "So, you don't think it's weird that I feel this way so early?" "Nope," she said, "If you feel it, you feel it. You shouldn't have to keep it in." "Thanks, Mel," I said, laying my head on her shoulder. "Anytime," she smiled.

About one and a half hours later, the guys had gotten off stage after their performance and you could tell they were still pumped about it. "That was insane!" Ryan yelled. We were in a room overlooking the crowd, and there was only 20 minutes until the ball dropped. I nudged Melanie's side and she said, "We're gonna go to the bathroom real quick." She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the bathroom. "There's only 20 minutes, and I'm getting hot," I said, taking off my coat. "Remind me why we decided to wait so long for this," Melanie sighed, taking off her coat as well. "Because we're idiots?" I offered. "That could very well be it," she smiled. "It has to be. Now let's go back out, because I'm pretty sure it's just as hot in here as it was out there," I laughed.

"Holy shit," Ryan said, staring at Melanie and I as we walked back into the room. "Why don't you take a picture, it'll last longer," I said sarcastically. "Alright," Ryan, Jamie, Nash, and Ian said at the same time, taking out their phones, "Smile!" I rolled my eyes quickly, but threw my arm around Melanie's shoulder, smiling anyway. They all took their pictures and Melanie immediately said, "Those are going on Twitter, aren't they?" "Yup," Jamie smiled. "And Tumblr," Ian said. "And Facebook!" Ryan added. "And Instagram!" Nash said happily. "I hate you all," Melanie tried to say seriously. Ryan walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her waist, "You still look beautiful, even when you hate us," he said before kissing her. I put my hand over my heart and sighed dramatically, "So adorable." "Don't think you're getting out of this either, missy," Jamie chuckled, walking over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "But really though, you're absolutely gorgeous," kissing me.

"Those don't even look comfortable though," Nash said. "Oh, believe me, Nashy. They're not," I laughed. "Then why would you buy them?" Ian laughed as well. "Because they're pretty," Melanie said, poking at the sequins on her dress. "Girls," Nash sighed, "I'll never understand them." "That's probably why you don't have a girlfriend," Ryan smirked. "Hey, man," Nash said, pointing a finger at Ryan, "I don't have a girlfriend because I don't want to be held down." "Nashy," I said, walking out of Jamie's arms and over to Nash, "Be nice." "He started it," Nash pouted. "I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it." I gave him a hug and he sighed, "Fine," hugging me back.

"30 seconds, everyone!" we heard someone in the room say. We walked over to the window to watch the ball drop and everyone started counting down. Jamie turned to me, and I knew it was now or never. "I have to tell you something," we both said at the same time. "No, you first." We did it again. "Same time?" I suggested. "Same time," he repeated. We let everyone else count down from 5 and when they hit 1, we said at the exact same time, "I love you."

We looked at each other, shocked, but smiling widely. I squealed and wrapped my arms around his neck, nearly jumping on him, and kissed him. I could feel him smile, making me smile, too. "Happy New Year," he smiled when we pulled away. I grinned, but didn't say anything, just pulled him back in for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Kiss Me Again" by We Are The In Crowd ft. Alex Gaskarth

Outfits:
Melanie: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=53004231
Danielle: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=53004599