Status: Completed 2/16/2013

Love Will Save You

You Say Love's Overrated, I Say It's Complicated

-Melanie-

"Oh. My. God," I whispered as I looked up. "This isn't usually how I meet fans. Especially ones as gorgeous as yourself," Ryan smiled. I felt my face getting hot as I pushed myself off of him and turned back around to face him, "S-s-sorry. I f-fell.." Ryan chuckled. "Yeah, you fell with the help of that girl," he said, pointing at Sarah, who was flirting with a very uncomfortable looking Jamie.

"Sarah," I called to her, "Can't you see he's not interested? Leave the poor boy alone." She scoffed and walked over to where I was still standing with Ryan. "My turn, loser," she said, shoving me out of the way. I stumbled before Danielle caught my elbow. I looked back at Ryan, who was staring at me. I shrugged and walked over to the table with Danielle to meet the rest of the band.

I talked with Ian and Nash for a few minutes before making my way over to Jamie. Jamie looked up at me, "Thank you for that, by the way. Is she always that..." "Bitchy?" "Yeah.." "Pretty much. That was actually her being polite." "Seriously?" he asked, his eyes getting bigger. I nodded, "Mhm. Try knowing her for 19 years. It doesn't get better."

I saw Jamie smirk and he said, "Don't look now, but I think Ryan's staring at you." I turned around and saw Ryan looking at me before he turned away quickly. I chuckled and Jamie spoke again, "I think he likes you." "How can he like me? He doesn't know me." "Do you believe in love at first sight?" "I believe in attraction at first sight, but not love." "Okay, well, then it's attraction at first sight." "Yeah, like that would ever happen," I mumbled before sighing. I walked over to the window when I heard whispering. I couldn't really make out what they were saying, but I definitely knew it was Danielle.

-Danielle-

I watched Jamie watch Melanie walk over to the window as I walked over to him, "Don't worry. She's never really been too confident in herself." "She seemed pretty confident when she told off that girl earlier." "Around Sarah? Yeah, she usually fakes that though," I sighed. "How can you tell?" "I've known the girl since we were in kindergarten. We're practically like sisters. She hides it fairly well from everyone but me." "Ah, well, if you could help, I think I've got a plan," Jamie grinned. "Do tell," I smiled. "I can tell Ryan likes her. I mean, he's been staring at her non-stop every since he caught her when she fell. I think we need to set them up." "Ye-" I started yelling before Jamie covered my mouth. "Shhh, I don't want her to find out!" he whisper yelled. He pulled his hand back and I whispered, "Sorry.. Do you have a piece of paper or something?" "Um..." he trailed off, looking around for some paper before finally finding something and handing me the Sharpie he was holding, "Here. Why?" "Do you want her to not know about it?" "Well, yeah." "Here's her name and her number. Tell Ryan to call her as soon as he can, because God knows he probably won't ask for her number himself and she's too shy around him to do anything either," I said, giving him the paper and Sharpie back, "I can't wait to see the look on her face." Jamie smiled, "You're an evil genius, you know that?" "So I've been told," I smirked before walking over to Melanie.

I got to her and she was still looking out the window, "You ready to go, Mel?" "What? Why?" "Well, you're not talking to anyone. I figured you were bored and wanted to go home or something." "I wanted to talk to Ryan, but Sarah's still all over him," she mumbled. I rolled my eyes at Melanie and looked over at Ryan, who looked desperate to be saved. I chuckled to myself before yelling, "Hey, whore." Sarah did a double take at me and I spoke again, "Yeah, I'm talking to you. Leave him alone. He's obviously not into you." She looked at him and he smiled sheepishly and shrugged. Sarah turned around and stomped out the door, her heels being heard even when she was out the door.

"Oh my God, thank you," Ryan breathed a sigh of relief and pulled me into a hug. I chuckled and hugged him back, "You've really gotta know how to handle her." I pulled away and slid over next to Melanie, nudging her away from the window and over to Ryan.

-Melanie-

Ryan and I talked about anything and everything until the security guard told us our time was up. I reluctantly stood up from where we were sitting, as did Ryan. "Well, um, it was great talking to you, Ryan.." I said quietly. He chuckled, "No need to be nervous. I'm just a normal guy." "A really famous normal guy," I smiled. "Exactly!" he laughed. He pulled me into a hug and didn't let go for a while. I was shocked at first, but I gladly hugged him back. "Oh!" I said, pulling Whatever out of my bag, "Before I forget, do you think you guys could sign this for me?" "Yeah, sure!" Ryan exclaimed, grabbing my free hand and pulling me over to the table where Jamie, Ian, and Nash were sitting. They all signed the CD and Danielle and I gave them hugs before we walked out the door. Before I was all the way out, I turned back and pointed at Ryan, "By the way, thanks for not wearing a shirt that covers that tattoo." He smiled, "No problem."

When Danielle and I climbed into the car, she squealed, "Oh my God, he is so into you!" "No, he's not," I replied, playfully hitting her arm. "He was so flirting with you the whole time!" "He was just being nice," I said. "And flirting!" she laughed. We buckled up our seatbelts and Danielle pulled out of the parking lot. "So, did you get his number?" she winked at me. "No," I said quietly. "Why not?" she asked, looking over at me. "Eyes on the road, missy!" I yelled. "I don't know. Even if he was flirting with me, it was probably a one-time thing. He'll probably meet another girl tonight and he'll like her more." I heard Danielle sigh, but she didn't say anything. She just turned on the radio.

"And here's Hot Chelle Rae with Tonight Tonight," we heard the DJ say. I looked at Danielle and we started cracking up, turning up the volume and rolling down the windows, screaming every word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "That Girl" by All Time Low