Status: Completed 2/16/2013

Love Will Save You

I've Got No Problem with Saying Goodbye

-Melanie-

It's been a few months, and Ryan and I broke up. Before you jump to conclusions, it was a mutual decision. If mutual means he accused me of cheating and I broke up with him because he doesn't trust me..that's exactly what happened. I didn't do anything wrong, I promise. If I did anything wrong, it would be thinking that it would all actually last. Ryan's a celebrity, I'm not. Ryan's got all the money he could ever need, I don't. Ryan has people who would kill to date him, I don't. But enough about that. I can't date someone who doesn't trust me, especially after he's known me so long.

I am, however, happy to say that Jamie and Danielle are still going strong and are nearing their one year anniversary. Him, Nash, Ian, and Maggie still come to visit whenever they can, and I swear, Jamie still looks at Danielle like it was the first time they started dating.

"Turn on the TV," Danielle screamed, running down the stairs and into the living room. "Danielle, I'm trying to read," I replied, looking up from my book. "This is way more important than your book," she yelled again, fumbling with the remote. "What's this about?" I asked, marking my spot and closing the book as Danielle was finally able to turn the TV on. She went to MTV and I heard the end of Honestly. "Jamie just called and said you needed to see this," she breathed deeply.

"Alright, what you just saw was the premiere of the brand new music video from Hot Chelle Rae," the host said. I looked at Danielle with narrow eyes as she just glared at the TV, "Just watch, Mel." I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the television as the interview continued. "Now, what is this video about?" the host asked. "It's basically about a crazy ex-girlfriend who has, in a way, done you wrong and you just want to go out and have a good time with your friends," Ryan said. "Any specific ex-girlfriend you wrote this for?" "Not necessarily, but the video was done with my most recent ex in mind," Ryan smiled.

My jaw dropped as soon as he said that. "What the fuck?" I yelled. I picked up my phone and angrily typed the number that was on the TV screen and waited. As soon as I heard the host say, "You're on live,", I got even more mad, "That's not what happened and you know it, Ryan." His facial expression dropped and I could tell he was shocked as he said, getting as close the same tone I had as he could, "That's exactly what happen and you know it, Melanie." I laughed bitterly, "Oh, huge rockstar always thinks he's right about everything. I didn't cheat, Ryan. I never would and I know you know that. He came up to me and pushed me against the wall right as you walked into the room. If you don't want to believe that, fine. But Jamie, Nash, Ian, Maggie, and Danielle all know it's the truth because they saw it happen. I'm not trying to make you look like an idiot on live TV, Ryan, I'm not. But this is the only way you'd listen to my side of the story instead of what you're huge ego made up."

Before Ryan could say anything, I hung up. I looked over at Danielle and she was looking at me like she just saw a ghost. "I can't believe you just did that," she finally said. "Well, it's true," I mumbled. "I'm going out for a walk. I might be out for a couple hours. Don't wait up for me, okay?" Danielle just nodded as I walked out of our house and down the street. I went to the park I always went to when I needed to clear my head.

My thoughts were spinning. I really didn't know why I called. Sure, I knew it was the only way to get Ryan to listen to me, but even then, if he realized he was wrong, I wouldn't know if I'd forgive him. I mean, he didn't even trust me enough to let me tell him my side of the story when it actually happened. If he'd would have just let me explain that it was the senior I dated sophomore year, none of this would be happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Honestly" by Hot Chelle Rae

OH MY GOD. I KNOW, RIGHT.
Drama is so dramatic!
Don't hate me.
Or hate me, I don't care.
I'm still a genius.