Status: Completed 2/16/2013

Love Will Save You

I'm Gonna Love You Like I've Never Been Broken

-Ryan-

I stared at Melanie in complete shock and Jamie asked, "What do you mean he's back?" "We...we were walking around the neighborhood and when we walked by our house, he...he was standing on the porch," Danielle stuttered slightly. "Maybe he just looked like Chad and you-" I started to say before Melanie cut me off, yelling, "I'm not blind, Ryan! He's fucking back!"

I jumped a little when she yelled at me. I let go of Melanie, grabbed a small box off of the kitchen counter and a messenger bag that was hanging on one of the dining room chairs, and opened the front door. "What are you doing, man?" Ian asked. "I'm gonna find out why that asshole came back," I said plainly, slamming the door behind me.

-Melanie-

"He's mad at me, isn't he?" I asked quietly after Ryan left. Danielle took a deep breath and let it out, calming herself down before she said, "Why would he be mad at you?" "Because I yelled at him," I whispered, sniffling and starting to tear up again. "Oh, Mel," Jamie said softly, letting go of Danielle and wrapping his arms around me, "He's not mad about that." "How do you know?" I mumbled into his shoulder. "Mel, the kid loves you more than anything. He would probably quit the band if it meant being with you," Nash rambled. Danielle elbowed his side and gave him a look. "Not that he would ever have to make that decision or anything.." he chuckled nervously, rubbing the spot where Danielle elbowed him.

"He's not mad at you, okay? He's mad at the asshole who made you want to kill yourself, do you understand me?" Jamie said, grabbing my shoulders and looking me in the eyes. I sniffled again and nodded slowly as he let go of me.

"Why don't you girls go lay down and rest?" Ian said, putting his hand on our backs and leading us to the bedrooms. "Since these are probably where you'll end up anyway," Ian started before leading Danielle to a room and saying, "This is Jamie's room." He then turned me to the room directly across from where Danielle was and smiled at me, "And this is Ryan's room. Now, go lay down." "Can I have a-" Danielle started before being cut off by Ian, "No." "But I'm thirsty," she pouted. He lightly pushed her into Jamie's room, "Nap time." I rolled my eyes and laughed lightly as I turned around, taking a moment to observe Ryan's room before I walked over to the bed, slipping my shoes off and climbing under the covers. And unlike most of the time during stressful situations when I have trouble sleeping, I fell asleep almost as soon as I laid down.

-Ryan-

I'll admit I was a bit nervous as I got closer to the house Melanie and Danielle once lived in and noticed a man standing on their porch. I took a deep breath and walked up their sidewalk.

"Hello, sir," I smiled at whom I'm assuming was Chad. "Hi," he replied. It was obvious he didn't recognize me from being in Hot Chelle Rae, which made me insanely happy.

I moved to knock on the door as if I was delivering the package to the girls, but Chad said, "They're not home." "I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked, trying not to sound rude in any way. "I'm Chad, Melanie's boyfriend. I came to pick her up for our date, but I forgot she went shopping. I didn't want to go all the way back home, so I just decided to wait here for her," he answered back calmly as if he rehearsed it. "Oh, alright. Well, could you let her know I stopped by and have her give me a call so I can give her her package?" I asked smoothly. "I can give it to her when she gets home," he said. "If I could do that, I would, but Mel- er, Miss Pandocchi needs to sign for it. If you would let her know I stopped by, I'd really appreciate it," I smiled at him and nodded slightly, stepping off of the porch.

I could feel him staring at me, even as I continued walking down the sidewalk. I started walking quicker than I already was until I opened my front door. I sighed heavily and dropped the bag onto the floor as the guys looked at me.

"Where are the girls?" I asked, looking around. "We sent them to go rest. What happened?" Ian replied. "Well, it is him. He played it off like he and Mel are still dating and he forgot she went shopping so he was there waiting for her to get back," I sighed again, but angrily this time. "Dick," Nash mumbled under his breath. "Yeah, you're telling me," I said quietly. The guys were all looking at me again, so I said, "I'm gonna go check on Mel."

I walked back to our bedroom and found Melanie sleeping soundly, buried under the blanket. I felt a small grin tug at my lips as I quietly closed the door and walked over to the bed, carefully lifting the blanket and laying down next to Melanie. I wrapped my arms around her and held her closely. She mumbled and moved around slightly. She opened her eyes and blinked a few times before looking up at me. "Sorry. Didn't mean to wake you," I said quietly. She smiled slightly and laid her head on my chest.

"Babe," I said after a few minutes. "Hmm?" "What's wrong?" "Nothing," she lied. "I haven't lost my sense of feeling. I can tell you're crying." "How?" she sighed. "My shirt's getting wet," I chuckled lightly. "Oh," was all she said. "Come on, Mel. Talk to me. Tell me what's wrong."

She rolled over to lay on her stomach, propping herself up on her forearms, looking at me. "I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier," she whispered, wiping a tear from her under her eye. I looked back at her, "It's okay." She shook her head, "No, it's not okay. I shouldn't have done that. It wasn't your fault. You were just trying to make me feel better, but I just blew up at you." "You were just stressed out. I would have done the same thing if I was in your situation. I don't like seeing you unhappy, Melanie." "But my ex is ruining every-" I interrupted her, "What's he ruining, huh? So he's trying to get you back? It's not gonna happen. I'm not letting you get away, Melanie. Not for anything, and especially for your asshole of an ex."

She looked down and went to wipe her face again, but I grabbed her hand and put two of my fingers under her chin, lifting her head up before wiping her cheek for her. I kept my hands on her cheeks and said, "I love you, Melanie. Nothing and no one will ever change that." I started pulling her face toward mine as she whispered, "You promise?" "I promise," I smiled. "I love you, too, Ryan," she said quietly, right before our lips touched.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Unbroken" by Demi Lovato

Outfits:
Melanie: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=55987347
Danielle: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=55987988

Leave me feedback, yeah? :3