Status: Completed 2/16/2013

Love Will Save You

It Was Like A Timebomb Set Into Motion

-Melanie-

I drug myself out of bed the next morning, sore from all the dancing I did. As I walked carefully down the stairs, I could hear the TV on in the living room playing what appeared to be Spongebob Squarepants. "Danielle, I swear, you are such a little kid," I laughed as I walked into the kitchen. "It's Saturday morning cartoons! You don't just not watch them!" she yelled.

I sat down on the couch a few minutes later with my bowl of cereal, shoving Lucky Charms into my mouth. "You love Lucky Charms a little too much, Mel," Danielle said. "You love Saturday morning cartoons a little too much!" I replied, sticking my tongue out at her.

A couple minutes after I was done eating, my phone rang. It was some unknown number, but I answered it anyway. "Hello?" I said once I pressed my phone to the side of my head. "Um, Melanie?" "Yeah... Who's this?" "Ryan!" "Ryan..." I took a big sip of my orange juice as I heard the guy on the other line chuckle, "Follese." I started coughing, nearly choking on my drink. "Are you okay?" Ryan asked when I calmed down. "I don't mean to be rude or anything, but how did you get my number?" I asked, trying to steady my breathing. "Jamie said he got it from your friend." I looked up at Danielle and she was grinning like an idiot. "Danielle!" I screamed and threw a pillow at her. She blocked it, "What? I knew you weren't going to give it to him yourself!" I grabbed another pillow and she jumped off the couch and ran upstairs. "You'll thank me for this later, Mel!" she yelled.

"Uh, Melanie?" I heard on the phone. "Yes.." I said, dragging out the 'e'. Ryan chuckled again, "I'm guessing you didn't know about this." "No, not at all," I answered honestly. "Well, in my defense, I didn't know Jamie had your number until about 5 minutes ago when he begged me to call you." "He begged you to call me?" "Something about love at first sight or whatever." I started humming Whatever and I heard Ryan laugh, "Humming my song?" "Oh, sorry.. It's kind of an involuntary thing. I've become so used to doing it, it just happens sometimes.." I could hear the smile in his voice, "That's cute. And between you, me, Jamie, Nash, and Ian, I sing along to our songs when they're on the radio." "Seriously?" I laughed. "Yeah. It's especially great when we're at a mall or something and one of our songs starts playing. I get the 'How the hell do you sound just like him?' look." "They really never put it together?" "You'd think they would, but no. We do get a few girls every now and then start screaming." I chuckled, "I'm sure." "So, anyway, about why I was calling." "Aside from Jamie begging you to?" He laughed, "Yes. I was wondering, you know, maybe if you're not busy tonight, you'd want to possibly go out with me..?" "You mean, like a date?" "Yeah.. Unless you don't want to call it a date. Then we can just call it two people getting to know each other over dinner and a walk around the city." I smiled, "What time?" "I was thinking 5," he said. "It's a date then." He smiled again, "Great! I'll see you at 5!" I laughed lightly, "Bye."

I hung up my phone and screamed quietly. My head shot up when I heard someone jump into the living room. Danielle pointed at me and screamed, "I knew it! I told you he was into you! Did I not tell you he was into you? Because I think I did!" I ran over to her and tackle-hugged her, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" "Don't thank me. It was Jamie's idea to get you two together." "We're not together. We're just going out on a date." "Not yet, you aren't," she sang. She grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs into my room, "Let's find you an outfit! What are you doing?" "Dinner then walking around the city," I replied. "Alright, so something not too casual, but not too formal. I think I can make that happen." She opened my closet doors and stared into it for a few minutes before pulling out a few things and laying the completed outfit on my bed. She squealed and clapped her hands, "Perfect!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Time-bomb" by All Time Low