Status: Completed 2/16/2013

Love Will Save You

Tell Me That You Love Me and It'll Be Alright

-Ryan-

"Mel, I don't mean to offend you, but you really suck at bowling," I laughed. "Ry, just because you say that doesn't make me any less offended," she replied, rolling her eyes. "Besides, tell me something I don't know." "Ian and Maggie are getting married?" I smirked. "Are they really?" she asked, wide-eyed. "No," I chuckled. "Don't tease me like that," she said seriously. "Your fans have been waiting for that since we found out they were together!" "Tell him that." "I have! On more than one occasion," she laughed loudly. "Get your ass up, it's your turn." "I'm going, I'm going," I smiled.

I turned around after getting a strike to see Melanie looking at me with her arms crossed. "What?" I asked innocently. "Show-off," she giggled. "Grab your ball," I smiled. "I'll help you this time." She picked up her bowling ball and we walked up to the lane. I stood behind her and held the back of the hand that was holding the ball, "Ready?" "I think so," she mumbled and I swore she shivered a little bit.

I guided her arm back, then forward, telling her when to let go. We watched the ball roll down the lane, Melanie getting anxious as it moved closer and closer to the middle pin. 9 pins fell instantly, and I watched her stare intently at the 10th. It kept wobbling back and forth, eventually falling over. She threw her arms up in the air, yelling, "Yes!" She spun around and jumped on me, throwing her arms around my neck. "I knew you could do it," I laughed as I wrapped my arms around her waist tightly. She let go, setting her feet back on the floor and smirked, "I had a wonderful guide."

I smiled at her and gave her a quick kiss before we finished our game. About 15 minutes later when we were done, we took our shoes back up to the counter and I grabbed her hand as we walked back out to my car.

"So, Mr. Follese, where to now?" she asked as I opened her door for her. "Well, Miss Pandocchi," I replied in the same tone, "I was thinking we would go to the arcade." She giggled, "Yeah, because I'm so much better at arcade games!" "Your wonderful guide will always be here to assist you in your time of need," I smirked, closing her door and jogging to the other side of the car.

I hopped in the drivers seat and started the engine. "Just for that comment, I'm totally going to kick your ass at everything," she laughed. "Oh, we'll see about that," I smirked.

I pulled into the arcade parking lot about 5 minutes later and we got out of the car. I grabbed her hand again as we walked inside. A fairly large group of girls - about 7 or so - turned toward the door at the same time and has the same starstruck expression on their face, like they knew I would be here.

They ran over to me, asking for autographs, pictures - the usual. The group crowded around me, causing mine and Melanie's grip on each others hands to break. She rolled her eyes, but backed away and leaned against the wall we were standing by.

I saw Melanie chuckle a few times at some of the questions the girls asked, but her smile quickly faded after one of them asked why her and I were dating. I watched Melanie bite her lip, push herself off of the wall, and walk back outside.

I turned back to the girl who asked the question and shook my head lightly. "Because I'm in love with her," I answered in an angered tone, before running after Melanie.

-Melanie-

I opened the passenger door of Ryan's car and simply sat down. My elbows were resting on my thighs and I was running my hands lightly through my hair when I felt someone standing in front of me.

"Melanie.." Ryan whispered. "Why is it always me? Why don't they ever ask Jamie that about Danielle, huh? He's quiet and she's always acting crazy! They're nothing alike! Why don't they ask him why he's with her?" I asked, looking up at him. He sighed and reached his hand down to my face, wiping a tear I didn't know fell down, then pulled me to stand up with him.

He moved me out of the way of the door before closing it and I leaned back onto his car. He pressed his hands against the car on both sides of me. "I don't want to hear any speeches, Ryan. I've had enough of them from you for one lifetime," I mumbled. "Well, that's just too bad, because I'm giving you one anyway," he replied.

I sighed, looking away from him as he continued, "I don't know why they do it, Mel. But what I do know is that it doesn't make me want them any more or you any less." Ryan moved his hand to my cheek, turning my head so I was looking at him. "I love you and nothing they say will ever change that," he said before kissing me.

"Come on," Ryan said, opening my door again, "Let's go home." "Whoa, hold up there," I replied, pushing him away from the door, closing it again, and grabbing his hand, dragging him back toward the building. "I'm still gonna kick your ass at these games!"

"Oh, are you now?" he smirked. "Yes. Yes, I am," I smirked back. We went back inside and the group of girls looked at us again. I stopped immediately and my smile quickly faded. His grip on my hand tightened and he pulled me through the building to the air hockey table.

"You, my dear, just happened to pick the one game I am absolutely beast at," I smiled. "Oh, we'll see about that," Ryan exclaimed as we raced to the air hockey table. He beat me there and pointed at me, "Ha, ha! I beat you!" "You'll be eating those words later, Follese," I yelled dramatically. "Bring it on, Pandocchi," he yelled back.

After an intense 3rd match, I beat Ryan by one point. I threw my hands up in the air and acted like an announcer, "And she does it! Melanie Pandocchi goes for the gold and wins it all! The crowd is going absolutely wild!" I fake screamed to represent the audience, squealing when Ryan came up behind me and picked me up, carrying me back to the car.

"Is the loser buying me dinner perhaps?" I asked as Ryan sat me down on my seat, wiggling my nose. He closed my door, walking around the car and climbing into his own seat, chuckling, "Nope, better." "What could possibly be better than my victory dinner?" I laughed loudly. "You'll just have to wait and see," he smiled, pulling out of the parking lot.

-Ryan-

I pulled up to a lake and parked my car before reaching to the back seat and grabbing my iPod speakers. "Ryan, don't you think live music is so much better?" Melanie joked as we walked toward the lake. I set the speakers on a picnic table and hooked up my iPod. "It is, but it's harder for me to play guitar and dance at the same time," I replied. "Dance?" she asked, tilting her head slightly and raising her eyebrows at me.

I searched through my songs until I found the one I was looking for. I clicked on A Daydream Away by All Time Low and set my iPod down. Melanie instantly smiled as I reached my right hand out to her and bowed, "May I have this dance, miss?" She giggled, taking my hand, "Of course, you may, sir!"

I snaked my left arm around her waist, pulling her into me and she rested her right arm across my shoulders. I brought my right hand up to my neck and let go so both of Melanie's arms were wrapped around my neck as I moved my arm back down and wrapped it around her waist.

She smiled and leaned her head against my chest. I rested my chin on top of her head and we just swayed to the song with a blanket of stars above us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "I Must Be Dreaming" by The Maine

Outfits:
Melanie: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=57067666